Ayr United vs Albion Rovers

G_&_T

Feel a bit sorry for Albion today, probably would have been a semi decent pay day if we had been going well in the league. Couldn't put myself through it today after the past couple of home games. The next game again Morton will probably put football back 100 years. 

No complaints really although can’t help feel that was a missed opportunity for Rovers. Boys done us proud but went flat after Ayr equalised and in fairness the full time training told in the end. Ayr went on to dominate. Good luck in the next round lads.

2 hours ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

We were poor and rovers did carve out a couple of decent chances but Jesus we should’ve won by 3 or 4 whilst not playing well.

That would have been harsh on Rovers. At least there was a bit of justice with the penalty with the Ayr full back playing basketball in the lead up to the award - Willie Collum at his best.

15 hours ago, Vodka Vic said:

No complaints really although can’t help feel that was a missed opportunity for Rovers. Boys done us proud but went flat after Ayr equalised and in fairness the full time training told in the end. Ayr went on to dominate. Good luck in the next round lads.

Yeah, I'd agree with that, albeit I watched on a pretty choppy Ayr United TV stream. Ayr edged it in the end for me, but Rovers competed well for an hour or so and should have been ahead at half time. Hopefully that just adds to the confidence levels. I wonder too whether our captain may struggle to get in after his suspension - young Alfie was excellent yesterday.

On the stream, the video quality wasn't great but that's the best commentary I've heard on a club stream. The two main commentators were fairly balanced in their views, had clearly done their homework on Rovers ,and knew a bit about football in general as well. Having listened to two clueless old guys with Black-n-Gold specs the previous week when Rovers played at Annan, the Ayr folks were different class.

Nice to hear some positive feedback on our commentary. Callum comes under a fair amount of criticism normally, and Lauren tends to get alot of plaudits. 

The highlights should appear on black and white TV, if there is no padlock symbol on them you won't need to register to view.

Edit

Fill your boots

Edited by Hawk89