Ayr United vs Albion Rovers

G_&_T

This is all set up for an Albion win. They're doing okay in L2 and we are a fucking shambles. Add in the the Brian Reid factor and the League Cup game at the start of the season and you have the perfect mix for a cup shock. 

Despite that I predict a narrow win for Ayr, 1-0 or 2-1.

10 hours ago, AlbionSaint said:

Just to clarify, is the West Stand also known as the 'Railway End'? It looks that way on the map. The tickets state West Stand, but according to Wikipedia your stands are known as The Main Stand, Somerset Road End, North Terrace and The Railway End.

Yeah I think that will be the railway end. Have so little confidence ahead of this game, expect Duffy will put out a "strong" team though. 

3 hours ago, AlbionSaint said:

I believe Rovers are 12/1 to win the game, so might be worth a punt on the Wee Rovers. :) In all seriousness with home advantage and the gulf between the two sides, a home win is to be expected. Anything else is a shock.

Would tend to agree. The league cup match at Cliftonhill was a terrible affair with two teams struggling to get it going at the start of the season.  I refuse to believe that Ayr will be that bad again. Rovers best chance is taking the tie back to Cliftonhill.

14 hours ago, AlbionSaint said:

Just to clarify, is the West Stand also known as the 'Railway End'? It looks that way on the map. The tickets state West Stand, but according to Wikipedia your stands are known as The Main Stand, Somerset Road End, North Terrace and The Railway End.

Sometimes if the away support is going to be low, they get put in the west stand rather than having to open up the railway end 

14 hours ago, AlbionSaint said:

I think the club sometimes refer to the westerly section of the Main Stand as the West Stand, for unbeknown reasons.

There’s a small pocket of terracing at the front of the stand you would get as well in that case.

18 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Sometimes if the away support is going to be low, they get put in the west stand rather than having to open up the railway end 

What a weird naming convention, surely Main Stand - Away would be much easier to identify? 

Just now, Richey Edwards said:

This Ayr team are really bad. I have zero interest in watching them at the moment.

Have a good time if you're going. I'm sure you will.

Your prerogative, of course, but I think you should stick by your club during thick and thin. It's hard, sometimes...just don't go throwing yourself off a bridge!