Arbroath vs Forfar Athletic

Lichtie78

Guest mr_malcolm
Big respect to any Forfar fan who stayed after the third 

Game was that dull there was a fair few of the home support leaving with 10 to go when Hamilton was getting treatment. Baltic

Stewards could have let us down the other end at half time to see the game . At least we all saw the first half at close quarters

As easy a victory as it gets, must admit i was shocked at how poor Forfar were i thought they would be right up for the game and would get in about us but they were terrible. Arbroath played well though again, everyone at it probably made Forfar look worse than they are.

Good cup draw please.

5 minutes ago, keptie said:

As easy a victory as it gets, must admit i was shocked at how poor Forfar were i thought they would be right up for the game and would get in about us but they were terrible. Arbroath played well though again, everyone at it probably made Forfar look worse than they are.

Good cup draw please.

No exaggeration and without trying to sound big time or cocky etc etc. Genuinely would hope we would give Celtic or Rangers a better game than what Forfar gave us today. Just a total walk in the park. Looked like a hot tattie when they had it we just completely overwhelmed them all over the park 

20 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

No exaggeration and without trying to sound big time or cocky etc etc. Genuinely would hope we would give Celtic or Rangers a better game than what Forfar gave us today. Just a total walk in the park. Looked like a hot tattie when they had it we just completely overwhelmed them all over the park 

They looked terrified of us.

Guest mr_malcolm

Agree. Don’t think we strung 4/5 passes together

Absolutely nothing about Forfar, no fight or quality at all,
Looked happy to settle for the 3 nil and not make the score worse,
Should of been 5 at half time, then took foot off the has completely,,
Full back will be having nightmares about Scott Stewart the night, Chris Hamilton will take a lot of shifting out our midfield too

12 minutes ago, Smokerson said:

Surprised that some of we us were surprised, there’s a huge gulf in class between championship and league 2

A big gulf in class but it was a derby and i would have expected Forfar to have far more fight in them.

Very comfortable, we came out the blocks very quickly and after 20 mins we were in cruise control.

Forfar had a little 5-minute spell at the start of the 2nd half where they finally got a foothold in the game and even then it ended with us scoring from a great counter attack which put it beyond doubt.

Was actually surprised at the lack of physicality in the Forfar side. Some of the players quite frankly didn't look fit enough to be footballers, in particular Crossan and Hussain. It is no surprise Scott Stewart had an absolutely field day down our right.  That lack of sharpness just meant that the players were getting overwhelmed. 

I'm actually glad for Forfar's sake that Livi didn't let us play Nouble - Steven Anderson would have retired at full-time.

….. and yet we only scored 3.  Despite all that dominance, the final ball in was generally abysmal.  With our loan forwards returning to parent clubs, this was an opportunity for others to get on the scoresheet and especially since DC fielded a strong squad.  Expected a much tougher game but I was encouraged by our approach, carrying on from league form and not taking anything for granted.  But our attacking threat was blunt.

1 hour ago, farflung lichtie said:

….. and yet we only scored 3.  Despite all that dominance, the final ball in was generally abysmal.  With our loan forwards returning to parent clubs, this was an opportunity for others to get on the scoresheet and especially since DC fielded a strong squad.  Expected a much tougher game but I was encouraged by our approach, carrying on from league form and not taking anything for granted.  But our attacking threat was blunt.

Kind of felt like it was because we were just all over them. Only two times where I think we definitely should’ve done better. McKenna had a very weak effort he took first time when he had all the time in the world. And Stewart one on one too but in fairness to him he ripped the pish out them to get into that position, left foot shot wide of post. 

When we made the subbies we had basically called it a day and knew after that we weren’t scoring 

If Nouble played we score 8, he’d have created about a thousand chances over that 90 minutes

Very comfortable, we came out the blocks very quickly and after 20 mins we were in cruise control.
Forfar had a little 5-minute spell at the start of the 2nd half where they finally got a foothold in the game and even then it ended with us scoring from a great counter attack which put it beyond doubt.

Was actually surprised at the lack of physicality in the Forfar side. Some of the players quite frankly didn't look fit enough to be footballers, in particular Crossan and Hussain. It is no surprise Scott Stewart had an absolutely field day down our right.  That lack of sharpness just meant that the players were getting overwhelmed. 

I'm actually glad for Forfar's sake that Livi didn't let us play Nouble - Steven Anderson would have retired at full-time.

Crossan’s attempt to track Thomson at the first goal was laughable.

3 hours ago, Smokerson said:

Thought there was a bit of a physical difference also, Scott Stewart and mckenna are like machines, just run all day and glide past people.

Great goal from Donnelly.

Hoping for another good home draw.

Soon as they come out you could tell the difference between them and Championship teams (including ourselves)