Arbroath vs Forfar Athletic

Lichtie78

31 minutes ago, DUAFC said:

Steady.....when was the last time we won a proper cup knock out tie ?

Well seeing as it is only knock out in the Scottish now we got beat off Falkirk last two seasons. After getting past Auchinleck the round before 

Also my post was a piss take. Although it is pretty hilarious to see the direction both clubs have went in since the day they ‘won’ League 2 at Gayfield

Hopefully we can make a game of it but Arbroath are having an exceptional season (seasons) and are rightly heavy favourites with good reason. Even if Dick rotates a few it should be a home win, but you never know. We're capable of decent football on our day and although I think Arbroath should be able to nullify our threats and control the game if we can stay in it and be tight at the back we can give ourselves a chance.

Although it's been a couple of years and we're now a couple of leagues apart there's still a lot of familiar names in each squad and I think it's testament to how good a job that Dick has done at Arbroath that you've went up and done great in the Championship while retaining a lot of the core of the squad from League 2 and 1. Can't help but (begrudgingly) respect what Arbroath have achieved.

Head says a routine 2-0 win for the home team but heart says a thrilling end-to-end cup tie with The Loons prevailing 4-3. TOB and a Linn double for Arbroath with Andy Munro, Craig Slater, a Matty Aitken double and a late Barry Sellars winner for Forfar.

4 hours ago, DUAFC said:

I think your new suede boots will be just fine.

Unless some of yir big Loon mates stand on them with their size 14 muddy wellies.

How dare you, we will be all suited and suede booted for 'our big day in the wind'🐄

Edited by SlipperyP

The management have thrown a few curveballs in their line-ups this season and they have generally worked out.

Wouldn't be surprised to see something unusual this week.

I would like to see fringe players come in but don't think we can be that complacent so it'll like be the enforced changes such as Nouble (would love to see him running at Andy Munro tbf)

On 21/11/2021 at 11:09, lichtie23 said:

Don’t expect Livingston to allow Nouble to play so could be Dowds and LD up top against the minnows . Might see fringe players like Goldy and Bobby get a start 

Not sure Dowds will be allowed to play either?

Would rest a few here, getting to the Premier league is far important than any cup competition.

33 minutes ago, Lichtielegend said:

The management have thrown a few curveballs in their line-ups this season and they have generally worked out.

Wouldn't be surprised to see something unusual this week.

I would like to see fringe players come in but don't think we can be that complacent so it'll like be the enforced changes such as Nouble (would love to see him running at Andy Munro tbf)

Munro was sent off in the previous round so I’m guessing is suspended 

Nouble against L2 teams wouldn’t be fair. We’d need to introduce a handicap. Him up against Anderson or Munro or whoever it is would be absolutely hilarious. Unfortunately he won’t be playing. 

I am not sure if Dowds will be available either. Falkirk surely considering sacking Sheerin so maybe would like to keep him as an option for a potential new manager.

Gaston

JT

Little

ToB

Hammy

Stewart

Gold

Young Hammy

Linn

McKenna

LD

Although wouldn’t be surprised to see Craigen instead of Bobby

Notice Hilson hasn't been featuring too much and not in the squad on Saturday, chance for him to start?

Aye, Munro suspended, likely to be Michael Travis that replaces him I would think and he's not played a lot of football. Hopefully we've got at least one of McCluskey or Thomson back as we've not a huge amount of options in attack.

15 minutes ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

Notice Hilson hasn't been featuring too much and not in the squad on Saturday, chance for him to start?

Aye, Munro suspended, likely to be Michael Travis that replaces him I would think and he's not played a lot of football. Hopefully we've got at least one of McCluskey or Thomson back as we've not a huge amount of options in attack.

Hilson has a foot injury. Could be out a while