Thistle vs Pars - Fri 26th Nov

Cardle is Magic

Looking forward to our Friday night in Glasgow, especially now we have a decent manager in the dugout. Speaking of, I don’t actually know why this is on Friday since it’s not televised?

Thistle will rightly be favourites but I think a replay looks likely tbh.

Will Pars fans get shoved in the Main Stand again?

Just now, Cardle is Magic said:

Looking forward to our Friday night in Glasgow, especially now we have a decent manager in the dugout. Speaking of, I don’t actually know why this is on Friday since it’s not televised?

Thistle will rightly be favourites but I think a replay looks likely tbh.

Will Pars fans get shoved in the Main Stand again?

Queens Park v Kilmarnock is also being played at Firhill in this round.

As to why this game isn’t on the Saturday, Thistle get the option of the first game when both ourselves and QP are at home on the same weekend. And Killie have a Challenge Cup game on the following Tuesday, which means they can’t play on Sunday and the only real way of doing it is this game on Friday and QP v Killie on Saturday.

Would assume you will be in the Main Stand, aye, as every other set of away fans have been this season.

A shite draw got even shiter with the Pars finding some form / new manager bounce. 

Probably end up a draw and lead to the 5th meeting of the teams before Christmas (assuming replays are a thing again this season, I can see they were in previous rounds) 

Here's the usual terrible stats:

We haven't scored a goal in the Scottish Cup since January 2018 (Declan McManus vs Morton at East End; we lost 1-2). That was also the last time we played a Scottish Cup game at East End.

We haven't won in the Scottish Cup since November 2017 (1-4 against Queens Park).

Here's the usual terrible stats:
We haven't scored a goal in the Scottish Cup since January 2018 (Declan McManus vs Morton at East End; we lost 1-2). That was also the last time we played a Scottish Cup game at East End.
We haven't won in the Scottish Cup since November 2017 (1-4 against Queens Park).

So what you’re saying is that since Declan McManus scored our last goal in the Scottish Cup, he;

Left Dunfermline
Played for Ross County
Played for Falkirk
Joined Dunfermline again
Left Dunfermline again,

and we still haven’t scored another Scottish Cup goal?

1 hour ago, smpar said:

So what you’re saying is that since Declan McManus scored our last goal in the Scottish Cup, he;

Left Dunfermline
Played for Ross County
Played for Falkirk
Joined Dunfermline again
Left Dunfermline again,

and we still haven’t scored another Scottish Cup goal?

That is correct. Since then we lost 3-0 to Raith, 1-0 to Stranraer and went out on penalties to Morton after the game finished 0-0.

My birthday so we'll probably lose.

Thistle 1 Pars 2

Remember we were in hospitality for a cup game versus the Pars the year we one the (old) first division. We had a good team but managed to lose 1-0. 

Our last game at Firhill was insipid, to say the least, but this time we will see actual proper tactics, with a semblance of entertainment, and we actually have a chance of winning. Think this will be a good game tbh. Looking forward to it. 

On 22/11/2021 at 13:30, jagfox BLM said:

My birthday so we'll probably lose.

Thistle 1 Pars 2

Remember we were in hospitality for a cup game versus the Pars the year we one the (old) first division. We had a good team but managed to lose 1-0. 

Can't remember that game, was it at East End or Firhill? 

I'd like us to win, it's my first Scottish Cup game in years. 

How's parking around the ground? 

52 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Can't remember that game, was it at East End or Firhill? 

Firhill 

I'd like us to win, it's my first Scottish Cup game in years. 

How's parking around the ground? 

Plenty up the hill from the stadium or along Garscube Road either side.

Game I was thinking of was 1-0 win to Pars 01/12/2012. Craig Dargo was brought down by Aaron Muirhead for a straight red. Andy Barrowman scored a first half header. 

Thistle had a great chance to equalise but Paul Gallagher saved onto the post from Ross Forbes from a penalty kick.

http://www.thethistlearchive.net/match-2012-12-01

Edited by jagfox BLM

FAO - Pars Fans

Away Supporters 

Dunfermline supporters can now purchase tickets for our Scottish Cup tie from the Firhill offices.

Away fans can purchase their ticket for this weekend’s match through one of the three methods below:

• Purchase online here
  • Calling 0141 579 1971, selecting option 1
  • Visiting the Executive Offices at Firhill Stadium.

Ticket prices for this match are priced at:

Adults – £20

Concessions (Over 65s, students, disabled supporter including carer, 16-18 year olds) – £15

Under 16 – £5

Last phone orders for delivery is Tuesday 23rd November at 4pm. All tickets should be uplifted from Firhill by 4pm on Thursday afternoon.

No ticket sales for Dunfermline Athletic fans will be available on matchday.

1 hour ago, jagfox BLM said:

Game I was thinking of was 1-0 win to Pars 01/12/2012. Craig Dargo was brought down by Aaron Muirhead for a straight red. Andy Barrowman scored a first half header. 

Thistle had a great chance to equalise but Paul Gallagher saved onto the post from Ross Forbes from a penalty kick.

http://www.thethistlearchive.net/match-2012-12-01

Ah right, that was not long after we'd got scudded by 5 with Chris Kane playing at left back I'm sure? A surprise result with us financially imploding. 

1 hour ago, jagfox BLM said:

FAO - Pars Fans

Away Supporters 

Dunfermline supporters can now purchase tickets for our Scottish Cup tie from the Firhill offices.

Away fans can purchase their ticket for this weekend’s match through one of the three methods below:

• Purchase online here
  • Calling 0141 579 1971, selecting option 1
  • Visiting the Executive Offices at Firhill Stadium.

Ticket prices for this match are priced at:

Adults – £20

Concessions (Over 65s, students, disabled supporter including carer, 16-18 year olds) – £15

Under 16 – £5

Last phone orders for delivery is Tuesday 23rd November at 4pm. All tickets should be uplifted from Firhill by 4pm on Thursday afternoon.

No ticket sales for Dunfermline Athletic fans will be available on matchday.

With regards to that bottom part, what's the cutoff for buying a ticket, 2359 on Thursday? Or am I taking that too literally. 

29 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Ah right, that was not long after we'd got scudded by 5 with Chris Kane playing at left back I'm sure? A surprise result with us financially imploding. 

With regards to that bottom part, what's the cutoff for buying a ticket, 2359 on Thursday? Or am I taking that too literally. 

Definitely day before. Not sure if they can be collected on the day. 

Crazy for a cup game will put off a fair few walk-ups. Although you can get them for the home end afaik.

4 minutes ago, jagfox BLM said:

Definitely day before. Not sure if they can be collected on the day. 

Crazy for a cup game will put off a fair few walk-ups. Although you can get them for the home end afaik.

That's a bit annoying, only going to know about lunchtime Friday if the other half can attend.