Clash of the Dinosaur Managers II - Morton v Ayr, The Extinction Event, 4 December

I thought we were utterly rancid today.

Afolabi can go back to Celtic now, he's as useless as Kevin Kyle was when he played for us. Did he win a high ball once? He seemed to be more concerned with grabbing the defender and claiming a foul.

Defensively we are shambolic, any cross = a goal. Free headers are us. How Morton never realised that I don't know.

I'm relieved we got the draw but annoyed that when 2-1 up that we conceeded from another cross.

McAlister was dreadful, dunno how he got the whole game and Houston was hooked.

Nice to see Adeloye score. If we can accommodate Adeloye, Moffat, Bradley, Maxwell & O'Connor going forward we will score goals. However, our defense is porous so we'll always be handicapped by them.

Fantastic goal from Bradley btw.

Today papers over the cracks, this team is relegation fodder. We need a good January window to turn this around.

Edited by Trogdor

11 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I thought we were utterly rancid today.

Afolabi can go back to Celtic now, he's as useless as Kevin Kyle was when he played for us. Did he win a high ball once? He seemed to be more concerned with grabbing the defender and claiming a foul.

Defensively we are shambolic, any cross = a goal. Free headers are us. How Morton never realised that I don't know.

I'm relieved we got the draw but annoyed that when 2-1 up that we conceeded from another cross.

McAlister was dreadful, dunno how he got the whole game and Houston was hooked.

Nice to see Adeloye score. If we can accommodate Adeloye, Moffat, Bradley, Maxwell & O'Connor going forward we will score goals. However, our defense is porous so we'll always be handicapped by them.

Fantastic goal from Bradley btw.

Today papers over the cracks, this team is relegation fodder. We need a good January window to turn this around.

Afolabi is far worse than Kyle!

Kyle was shite, but could at least bring the ball down on his chest and play it out wide - Afolabi can’t do a single thing. 

I have now realised that McAllister just isn’t a football player, unfortunately. 

Despite the defence being awful, I’m not sure we lose both of those goals with McGinty out of the side. 

Just now, No_Problemo said:

Afolabi is far worse than Kyle!

Kyle was shite, but could at least bring the ball down on his chest and play it out wide - Afolabi can’t do a single thing. 

I have now realised that McAllister just isn’t a football player, unfortunately. 

Despite the defence being awful, I’m not sure we lose both of those goals with McGinty out of the side. 

I still can't believe we dropped Craig Malcolm for Kyle. 😂

12 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Morton reappoint Hopkin. Hopkin re-signs McGinty and Salkeld. Hopkin responsible for relegating two teams from the same league in the same season.

He's trying to go one better than last season! 🤣

2 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Ayr haven’t ruined my weekend purely 

No made mine, MCT finally take action.

A fresh approach required.

Thanks Ayr, this may haunt you and you took some shite players off us, all the best for the season.

Edited by Paisley Ton
Toby sickness

At least yesterday's game had decent entertainment value and some good quality finishes - unlike the 0-0 earlier in the season, which was the worst football match ever held. Both sides will be relegated without a significant improvement though. 

23 hours ago, TONTROOPER said:

I'm assuming Millen will follow him out the door which begs the question who's in the dugout for the two ICT games?

Derek Anderson and John Sutton I would imagine.

Edited by gmfc

Just now, No_Problemo said:

Most likely an upgrade on Duffy and McPherson though...

He's cut from exactly the same cloth as the pair of them tbh. I'm interested to see what Morton do here. Last season they gave the job to a fitness coach although they seem to be in a worse position this time around. I have no idea why, but I could absolutely see Hopkin end up back with them. 

28 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

He's cut from exactly the same cloth as the pair of them tbh. I'm interested to see what Morton do here. Last season they gave the job to a fitness coach although they seem to be in a worse position this time around. I have no idea why, but I could absolutely see Hopkin end up back with them. 

Possibly similar to them, but from listening to his interview on open goal - with more of a work ethic and interest in the different teams within the club. 

ETA, you would also need the input of the Hamilton fans as Rice claimed that he doesn’t set up sides defensively and always looks to attack and win the game - which is obviously completely different from the other two!

I can’t see that with Hopkin unfortunately! I don’t think we’ll see him in management again...

Edited by No_Problemo