Clash of the Dinosaur Managers II - Morton v Ayr, The Extinction Event, 4 December

12 hours ago, Mr.Blue said:

Has fjortoft been shite?

He's been a bit meh. If he's up against a striker who relies solely on winning long balls or trying to outmuscle defenders then he can stroll through a game. His distribution is dreadful though and it's infuriating to watch him play high, floaty balls up to no one. 

He's fine for now but I'd hope next season he's either a back up or let go. 

And so the shame game pendulum tilts inexorably to the home team again after a beyond insipid display in the cup. 

It's just a shame that Lithgow is suspended and so can't try to give it his Harry McGuire routine before shipping a goal within 60 seconds again in front of the big, bad, boo boys in the Cowshed. 

Edited by vikingTON

This will be my first away game since February 2020 as there's no way that I'll be missing this spectacle.

I think both sets of fans should come together and laugh at the inevitable dross that we are about to witness. 

I'm actually oddly excited for this game as so many questions will be answered. 

#bringontheshame

Edited by THEHonestman1910

10 hours ago, virginton said:

It's just a shame that Lithgow is suspended and so can't try to give it his Harry McGuire routine before shipping a goal within 60 seconds again in front of the big, bad, boo boys in the Cowshed. 

In the interests of balanced reporting it should be added that although we may have some arseholes on the pitch there are more than a few in the Cowshed and on P&B.  😁

Carry on.......  

ETA  -  wee rid dots from two of the usual po-faced suspects inside an hour of posting - looks like some wee ears were burning!      😂🤣😂🤣😂

Edited by Rudolph Hucker

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

On Saturday, McGinty looked like he had zero confidence, rather than taking a touch and then putting his foot through the ball, he was just smashing it in whatever direction he was facing as hard as he could.

Maybe we should just place him infront of the goal we're attacking and hope for the best.

I think this game could go either way, almost first goal is the winner. Either team will cave if they concede and could end up getting thrashed.

Our early season “at least we’ll be good at the back” evaporated pretty quickly and we are poor all over the pitch. 

3-0 to come c**t 

We are at the stage where at a normal club fans would almost be wanting a loss to get rid of their manager, however as we don't seem to have any intention of sacking Gus for the remainder of his 18 months left on his contract then I suppose I'll be happy enough with a 4-0 win on Saturday. 

41 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I think this game could go either way, almost first goal is the winner. Either team will cave if they concede and could end up getting thrashed.

Well there's always the chance of a Cappielow Special. In which Ayr go in front against a hopeless Morton side on the day and then collapse like a Ukrainian deckchair in the closing stages anyway. 

2009-10 - Morton 2 Ayr 1 - Ayr relegated. 

2014-15 - Morton 2 Ayr 1 - two injury time goals to help us clinch La Decima.

2015-16 - Morton 2 Ayr 1 - 89th minute Oliver winner. 

And, of course, losing no fewer than three goals in five minutes last season to go down 3-2. 

35 minutes ago, virginton said:

Well there's always the chance of a Cappielow Special. In which Ayr go in front against a hopeless Morton side on the day and then collapse like a Ukrainian deckchair in the closing stages anyway. 

2009-10 - Morton 2 Ayr 1 - Ayr relegated. 

2014-15 - Morton 2 Ayr 1 - two injury time goals to help us clinch La Decima.

2015-16 - Morton 2 Ayr 1 - 89th minute Oliver winner. 

And, of course, losing no fewer than three goals in five minutes last season to go down 3-2. 

We won’t score first. We tend to piss about with the ball at the back with a huge gape between the midfield and defence. 
the defenders will be left with chipping high balls to whoever is up front, which won’t matter because they won’t win them anyway. 
Once we concede, we’ll either concede again within minutes or we’ll abandon defending our 18 yard line and play some football, which has a 40% success rate of being effective. 
if Morton go a goal up and sense blood, they could win comfortably. If they go a goal up and shite it, we might….MIGHT salvage a draw. 
if Ayr score first, I don’t know what will happen because it’s been so long.

I would look for occasions where Morton have been embarrassed by Ayr over the years but I cant Be arsed