Clash of the Dinosaur Managers II - Morton v Ayr, The Extinction Event, 4 December

9 minutes ago, Alibi said:

With Lithgow and Mclean missing, the obvious thing is indeed to have Ledger and McEntee as the CBs, so expect Lewis Strapp and Kyle Jacobs to fill those two slots...

I mean we'll have McGinty and Fjortoft as our central pairing.

------------Hamilton------------

Hynes--Ledger--McEntee--Strapp

-------------Jacobs------------

------Lyon----------Oksanen---

-------------Oliver-------------

----Ugwu------------Reilly------

Let Hynes and Strapp handle their wing-backs one-on-one, with Jacobs, Lyon, and Oksanen actually providing some cover when and if they double up. Then generally batter them through the middle and up front.

Tbqhwy, grab 11 Jakeys out the pub to play against us and my money is on them. Rancid is too good a word for Ayr at this moment. Think on this, 7 goals conceded in the last two games, we had two half hearted shots on target in total in these games. Duffy cannot be bothered. Seaside league here we come.

53 minutes ago, virginton said:

That's not going to work. 

It’ll have to. A flat 4-4-2 will play into their hands.

Hynes and Strapp need to take that on (with appropriate cover, as said) and allow us the extra man through the middle… and Reilly and Ugwu exposing their wide centre-backs.

3 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Listened to Duffy’s post match interview from Saturday and I can see where Ayr fans are coming from.

I’d have expected him to be absolutely spewing after that performance but it was the equivalent of a verbal shrug, just admitting Pars deserved to win.

Aye pretty much sums it up for me. Manager, players and now fans are just scunnered with it. Really disheartening to see how little effort there appears to be.

1 hour ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

It’ll have to. A flat 4-4-2 will play into their hands.

Hynes and Strapp need to take that on (with appropriate cover, as said) and allow us the extra man through the middle… and Reilly and Ugwu exposing their wide centre-backs.

We play 4-1-4-1 most of the time, we do not have wide centre backs.  Duffy does occasionally swap to a back 5 with predictable consequences though.  

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

We play 4-1-4-1 most of the time, we do not have wide centre backs.  Duffy does occasionally swap to a back 5 with predictable consequences though.  

Last time I saw you it was a back three… binned?

These two teams matching up in lines of four will get football stopped.

11 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Binned the majority of the time, though I wouldn’t be overly surprised if Duffy reverted back to it in panic mode. 

Regardless, you know better than most how bad our centre back options are. Most of you definitely sold us one with Fjortoft, you had me believing he was somewhat competent before we signed him. 

10 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Nah we played 4411 that day looking back

Fjørtoft Baird McGinty Reading

We might well go back to a 5 since we've been getting bodied and McGinty is fit again though! 

36 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Nah we played 4411 that day looking back

Fjørtoft Baird McGinty Reading

We might well go back to a 5 since we've been getting bodied and McGinty is fit again though! 

I didn’t see that game… but if he wants to stick Fjortoft in at right-back again…

Don’t suppose there’s any chance of McGinty at left-back?*

*Oh sorry, that was our clown…

26 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

I didn’t see that game… but if he wants to stick Fjortoft in at right-back again…

Well it seems like Duffy is going to tinker with the team till he finds the right combo so there's every chance.

30 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

All of Fjørtoft's better performances have been as a right back so it may well be that back four again given McAllister was dropped and Houston gives you nothing at all. 

On 22/11/2021 at 20:39, No_Problemo said:

Binned the majority of the time, though I wouldn’t be overly surprised if Duffy reverted back to it in panic mode. 

Regardless, you know better than most how bad our centre back options are. Most of you definitely sold us one with Fjortoft, you had me believing he was somewhat competent before we signed him. 

Has fjortoft been shite?