Alloa v Dumbarton - the battle of who could care less

Some anger management issues with Mendy there, absolutely no need to react. Hard to say how we've played in those highlights but it's a lovely goal from Stokes. He really deserves a run in the team. 

Totally agree with you regards Mendy there was no need to get involved in the situation, probably frustration with himself for being piss poor today.

Dumbarton had a game plan and stuck to it and changed it when we were down to 10 men. As for Alloa just weren’t at the races kept the same tactics as last week. Ferguson is clueless at spotting player or tactically changing thinks on the park.

42 minutes ago, Redwedge77 said:

Ferguson can get to f**k. Just not good enough emoji53.png. Just hope he gets a bibs and cones job at the ****

Aye there is still some backroom vacancies at ibrox still to fill here's hoping,  that said i was going to give it till 16 games in to make a judgement on BF  but clearly he is not good enough, i fear things will deteriorate more , as for the discipline problems look no further than him too , we were never a dirty /angry team  , enough is enough .

Edited by Vegetableman

I’m by no means trying to defend Barry Ferguson here but realisticly where are Alloa fans expecting to be sitting in the table? You are currently 6th with Cove, Airdrie, Montrose, QP and Falkirk sitting above you. I’d have expected those teams to be sitting above you at this stage of the season and only being 4 points off a playoff place doesn’t seem like all that bad a position to be in at. If for example Andy Graham had Alloa in that position would there be calls for his head after 15 games? 

2 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I’m by no means trying to defend Barry Ferguson here but realisticly where are Alloa fans expecting to be sitting in the table? You are currently 6th with Cove, Airdrie, Montrose, QP and Falkirk sitting above you. I’d have expected those teams to be sitting above you at this stage of the season and only being 4 points off a playoff place doesn’t seem like all that bad a position to be in at. If for example Andy Graham had Alloa in that position would there be calls for his head after 15 games? 

good point , but we have a fairly good budget (i am led to believe ) for a 1st div team

As for Andy i would imagine he would get more legroom from us him being a new manager and all .

3 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I’d imagine given the £500k Covid payment from being in the Championship, along with the decent prize money for finishing 10th, they’d be expecting to challenge.

6 minutes ago, Vegetableman said:

good point , but we have a fairly good budget (i am led to believe ) for a 1st div team

As for Andy i would imagine he would get more legroom from us him being a new manager and all .

5 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

I’d imagine given the £500k Covid payment from being in the Championship, along with the decent prize money for finishing 10th, they’d be expecting to challenge.

With Falkirk, Airdrie and Queens Park being full-time I’d imagine their budgets are considerably higher than Alloa. Cove might be part-time but they will absolutely have a higher budget. Montrose probably don’t but they have been a very good team at this level for some time now and have a settled, consistent squad with the best part-time gaffer in the country outwith Dick Campbell. 

From the outside looking in it really doesn’t seem like Alloa are in a bad position and they are 5th in the form table based on the last 6 games which isn’t terrible either. 

15 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Exactly this. That was the expectation however the new manager blew the budget on dross when he didn't really need to. There is plenty talent, experience and youth there which could have been boosted by some top quality recruitment. Instead we get guys from lower leagues and without clubs. Says it all, I will now be satisfied just staying in league 1.

4 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Are the highlights heavily biased or did Alloa batter us?

The only two real chances I cut out were Sena hitting one behind the goal that I thought went in at first glance and Orsi skewering an effort ridiculously off target from a promising position on the edge of the box. 11 minutes tends to have too many  highlights for most games so I hope that it was pretty good reflection of what happened.

I'm pretty sure we'd have won it if we had 11 men. Got to be chalked up to Mendy having a mare. Even the penalty, Mendy's defending - I don't know what he's doing. He's ran past the ball, missed bodying the player if that was what he was going for.

With Falkirk, Airdrie and Queens Park being full-time I’d imagine their budgets are considerably higher than Alloa. Cove might be part-time but they will absolutely have a higher budget. Montrose probably don’t but they have been a very good team at this level for some time now and have a settled, consistent squad with the best part-time gaffer in the country outwith Dick Campbell. 
From the outside looking in it really doesn’t seem like Alloa are in a bad position and they are 5th in the form table based on the last 6 games which isn’t terrible either. 

To be fair you are probably right, personally I thought we would be in the top four and in the promotion play offs.

The issue is more around indiscipline, poor signing some have not even kicked a ball yet. Signed 4 keepers, Center half’s and full backs and still concede goals for fun and woeful tactical changes repeatedly done every week.

Along with the manager more interested in his outside media interests rather than speak to our fans through local media and our own tv streams. But hey ho he likes a scrap with his own supporters as well.

39 minutes ago, Redwedge77 said:

Along with the manager more interested in his outside media interests rather than speak to our fans through local media and our own tv streams.

I thought the media guy admitted he simply didn’t have time to conduct post match interviews with the gaffer due to time constraints and having to do everything himself kinda thing? If he’s choosing not to do interviews with local reporters or club media then that is piss poor but is that the case?

Again, I’m nae Barry Ferguson fan at all, I think he’s a cock, but he does seem to get it a lot worse than others would.

edited to add: whenever I used to watch Kelty highlights he’d always pop up at the end with an interview discussing the game etc.

Edited by Bring Back Paddy Flannery

48 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I thought the media guy admitted he simply didn’t have time to conduct post match interviews with the gaffer due to time constraints and having to do everything himself kinda thing? If he’s choosing not to do interviews with local reporters or club media then that is piss poor but is that the case?

Again, I’m nae Barry Ferguson fan at all, I think he’s a cock, but he does seem to get it a lot worse than others would.

edited to add: whenever I used to watch Kelty highlights he’d always pop up at the end with an interview discussing the game etc.

He only sings when he's winning 😱

Yeah he probably does get it harder than most, that maybe to do with his past behaviour and present sneering at fans.

The media boy did say it was due to time, Barry promised after the debacle at the rock it would change. Yesterday he shot up the tunnel like a rat up a drain pipe. As you can see not the only one complaining.

6aa5a1d183db8b9a3cb44824e97b384b.jpg

Think the issue is more that he is completely unlikeable and has gotten rid of perfectly competent players who have been terrific for us for years and replaced them with lower league jobbers who are yet to show anything close to being title challengers.

Results haven’t been the worst but this is mainly down to late goals papering over the cracks, sat in and blew it against Queen’s Park and 2 freak goals got us the 3 points there, and a goal straight from kick off to get a point at Falkirk with a minute to go. Montrose last week could be seen coming a mile off with his love of sitting in and defending a lead despite being in control of the game.

Genuinely worried for us this season, don’t look like we have any idea how to break a team down, feel like we’re going to concede from every attack due to us being all over the shop and we completely bypass the best part of our team, the midfield, with aimless punts to a 5 ft 6 striker. Will be interesting to see if Mendy comes straight back in after his suspension seeing as Howie (not his signing) has struggled to get back in after his sending off, but would not be surprised in the slightest to see Mendy (his signing) come straight back in despite Andy Graham sitting in the stand twiddling his thumbs every week.