Alloa v Dumbarton - the battle of who could care less

4 minutes ago, bravehearts dad said:

And Alloa the rip off merchants are even charging £18 entry to their Scottish Cup tie next week against the Big Rose. £10 for concessions and kids. So gonna cost £56 for me, the missus and 2 kids to attend the game next week plus pergola money and any other ancillary expenses for the day. Think I may be selfish and put them off attending, and having second thoughts myself rather than make a donation to  them rip off merchants. I would rather donate the £56 to Children in Need.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

Are Scottish Cup ties not charged at somewhere in the middle of both clubs gate price? I'd imagine 14 quid would have been the cost? Both clubs do need to agree the price unless it has changed?

15 minutes ago, squeezebox-son said:

Mendy seems a bit of a liability surely? Should've seen red in the last match against us and then was sent packing the next week (I think) in the first minute or so? I just knew when I seen the sending off it would be him.

He is f@*#n murder but I am one of very few Alloa fans who realises how much a liability he is!! Easy target for opposing teams every week but hey he's a great guy.🤔😐

Good to get three points and stop the rot.  Alloa had some good wins against Airdrie and QP recently so I was expecting a home win.  The lineup looked a lot better and I agree that McLean being out might do him some good.

Two big goals from Stokes recently.  Good to see considering he doesn’t really consider himself as a goalscorer.  Would like to see him get a run in the team but maybe he’s one of these players that is better as an impact sub.

Also glad we held on considering we’ve conceded a lot of late goals this season.  Could do wonders for the team mentally.

9 minutes ago, bravehearts dad said:

And Alloa the rip off merchants are even charging £18 entry to their Scottish Cup tie next week against the Big Rose. £10 for concessions and kids. So gonna cost £56 for me, the missus and 2 kids to attend the game next week plus pergola money and any other ancillary expenses for the day. Think I may be selfish and put them off attending, and having second thoughts myself rather than make a donation to  them rip off merchants. I would rather donate the £56 to Children in Need.

C’mon The Rose 🌹🌹🌹

Donate to children in need mate and don't boost the transfer coffers. It will only go toward absolute dross anyways so save us the pain please.

6 minutes ago, McCulloch No.5 said:

He is f@*#n murder but I am one of very few Alloa fans who realises how much a liability he is!! Easy target for opposing teams every week but hey he's a great guy.🤔😐

Don't know what it is with mendy but he tries to let the ball run by him and tries blocking the path of the opponent, he gets caught out with this move alot and others mind you, Andy Graham must be sitting theyre in stand wondering what is going on 

Didn't see what mendy for the red card but someone said he squared up with his head and if thats the case he has to go by letter of the law. 

Theyre will have to be a change in the middle of the park for alloa as not enough creativity and Niang is nowhere near good enough,  

The stream is certainly overpriced and will be driving away potential customers, and the same applies to the cup prices. We've had this issue for a number of years with cup ties, I remember games against Stirling in particular when the gates were hundreds less than they would have been with realistic pricing.

It's a shame as the Alloa stream is excellent and I really enjoyed it again today, despite the result. Indeed, the quality of the stream and the fact that Mendy will be suspended for a game were the only real positives this afternoon. The team continues to underperform and I don't see much to suggest that will change under the current management. 

14 minutes ago, Wee wasp said:

Don't know what it is with mendy but he tries to let the ball run by him and tries blocking the path of the opponent, he gets caught out with this move alot

Cos he is murder mate! Never a player in a million years. A few fans can see it, others don't apparently, even the manager!

11 minutes ago, Waspie said:

The stream is certainly overpriced and will be driving away potential customers, and the same applies to the cup prices. We've had this issue for a number of years with cup ties, I remember games against Stirling in particular when the gates were hundreds less than they would have been with realistic pricing.

It's a shame as the Alloa stream is excellent and I really enjoyed it again today, despite the result. Indeed, the quality of the stream and the fact that Mendy will be suspended for a game were the only real positives this afternoon. The team continues to underperform and I don't see much to suggest that will change under the current management. 

Fantastic summing up on all points!👏👏👏. Pity Rangers aren't interested in our manager but that probably sums it up. 

16 minutes ago, Waspie said:

Thanks for the kind words.. My overriding feeling is I'm a bit sick of commentating on 10v11 games now.

20 minutes ago, SLClyde said:

How many red cards have alloa had this season? 

9 minutes ago, printer said:

Four at home in the league, three of which were in the first half. We've picked up one point from those four games.

Ahh, that's nothing... try 4 in the same match before you come on moaning 😉 

If the multiverse is true I'd like to try living in the timeline where Andy Graham retired at the end of last season and became the gaffer. 
That's what I expected you to do. I wouldn't have been averse to Andy becoming our gaffer.

Anyway, fair to say I'm delighted with the result. I think we got a bit of good luck with Alloa going down to ten and was very relieved when Stokes scored.

I bought the stream today and it was better than most. It did buffer a few times but that could've been something at my end. I quite liked that replays were shown soon after any incidents. I also think that they could improve the position of the camera to a slightly higher and central view especially when folk are paying the price they are. The commentary team were getting on for Clyde levels of bias at times. For example, they were saying our free kicks were being given for very little when they were clear fouls or they were talking about the handball rule after the penalty(although I wasn't listening intently at that point).

23 minutes ago, GordyBrow said:

Didn’t watch the game, but glad we got the win. We can’t catch a break though, we could really have done without Peterhead and Clyde winning.

True, but most importantly we won as well. If we had lost then we would be 9th tonight. We can't control other results and just need to get our own form sorted out. The rest will happen however it happens.

But I agree it was a big win today!

First half was extremely poor from both sides Alloa started better in second half before Mendy started to open his bag of tricks and then needlessly get sent off. Ferguson decided to go for draw and we and got found out by a well worked Dumbarton goal.

Ferguson shoot up the tunnel like a ferret up a drain pipe followed by his racist assistant like an unwanted pile, again no comment to Alloa fans about the absolute shit show. But can expect a article on Rangers new manager in the Daily Record absolute c**t of a man.

I thought we probably deserved that today. We defended well and restricted Alloa (and Henderson in particular) to very few clearcut chances, whilst creating a few decent ones of our own.

I thought having Carlo Pignatiello back in midfield made a huge difference after the ill-balanced Paton and Geggan combo, and Faz made the right decision to bench Joe McKee after a string of fairly unimpressive performances. 

Callum Wilson looked to be getting his confidence back minute-by-minute and was far more like the player we know he is. His roulette in the second-half was gorgeous.

Stuart Carswell bounced back from an absolute horror show last week with a very solid performance. He won a lot in the air, was composed on the deck and didn't really put a foot wrong. I've been wondering who our penalty taker would be this season...and Carsy wasn't who I imagined. But fair play to him. He stuck it away well.

Conner Duthie played with a real energy and drive to his game and caused Alloa problems. Duthie's a strange player. It's quite exciting when he gets the ball and he's never someone I'd object to seeing start or come on. But his overall contribution can often be pretty disappointing. That wasn't the case at all today. He was direct, skilful and should've capped his showing with a goal late on after Alloa made a mess of a simple clearance.

I'm looking forward to seeing Eoghan Stokes' goal again because it looked an absolutely superb finish from pitchside. But whether or not that's being clouded by my winning goal vision remains to be seen.

As for Alloa. Well that's the first time I've seen them this season, and I'd say they are at a very similar level to us based on that showing. There's clearly good players there, especially going forward. And Charlie Gilmour looked handy in midfield. But it didn't really click for them most of the time when they attacked. And their shaky looking defence presented us with a few chances. Basically a carbon copy of some of our performances in recent weeks.

I thought the much-maligned David Hutton was excellent though. A very angry man. But a still a good keeper on his day at this level.