Dundee Utd v Aberdeen

9 hours ago, kingjoey said:

There’s some amount of shite being posted on here by United fans. “Ojo was wound up on the pitch for the five minutes before he was assaulted by a person(?), so he deserved all he got” to paraphrase, is my favourite.

I think you are paraphrasing innaccurately. The suggestion is that his behaviour in the five minutes prior to his second booking influenced the referee, not that he deserved being sent off for his reaction to the push.

9 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I realise that there's very little point in arguing this out.............................................

Exactly, we'll have to agree to differ, as I don't think you are seeing what I've written. On Saturday night I emphasised in 4 different posts that Ojo shouldn't have been sent off in the fan incident. That opinion hasn't changed.

Guest Bob Mahelp

Yeap, as I said, there's little point in arguing about it. 

United have banned the idiot, and that's the right thing to do, so good on them. I doubt if anything will come of the charge of assault but maybe the fattie will learn to keep himself under control. 

The sourest taste in the mouth is that Ojo (and by default, Aberdeen) still has to pay the penalty for Madden getting it ridiculously wrong. 

12 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

your club hosted a match where one of your own supporters assaulted an opposition player, not to mention the fact the United stewards then didn’t even remove said fan. You’re just going to have to accept it’s a massive embarrassment for your club and they should apologise.

The fact it materially affected the match is secondary to the above but it should supplement your clubs embarrassment. 

maud-flanders.jpg

1 hour ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Yeap, as I said, there's little point in arguing about it. 

United have banned the idiot, and that's the right thing to do, so good on them. I doubt if anything will come of the charge of assault but maybe the fattie will learn to keep himself under control. 

The sourest taste in the mouth is that Ojo (and by default, Aberdeen) still has to pay the penalty for Madden getting it ridiculously wrong. 

Let’s remember it was 10 v 10.  Maybe if you’re team and manager weren’t so shit you might have got something out of the game.

10 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

We paid the penalty because it should have been 10 v 11.

I agree it should have been 10 v 11.  Doesn’t distract from you having a shit team with a shit manager.  Maybe the whole Ojo incident has helped detract from Glass’ inability; at least until the next game.

11 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I agree it should have been 10 v 11.  Doesn’t distract from you having a shit team with a shit manager.  Maybe the whole Ojo incident has helped detract from Glass’ inability; at least until the next game.

Very eloquently put. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

You do wind-ups like my dad. Which is not surprising, given that you're probably as old as him. 

I'm sure you still snigger at Benny Hill and any 1970's comedian who points at burd's tits and says 'oh, that reminds me, I have to buy melons today'. 

It's the kind of wind up that's so excrutiatingly un-clever, it's almost clever. 

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Both teams were mediocre.

For a team so high up on the league this season, United's ability to create so little against a defence filled with midfielders was a bit of a surprise.

As for the Ojo incident detracting from other elements of AFC's performance, I agree - an APB is still out for Hedges and Watkins, who were missing in action - and thus the team remained as toothless as in all the matches they were injured for.

This element of our play was meant to have been solved with their return to fitness, but the 'final ball' as practiced at Cormack Pack seems to just involve hitting the thing speculatively into an area and hoping it maybe drops kindly.

Edited by tarapoa

1 hour ago, Bob Mahelp said:

You do wind-ups like my dad. Which is not surprising, given that you're probably as old as him. 

I'm sure you still snigger at Benny Hill and any 1970's comedian who points at burd's tits and says 'oh, that reminds me, I have to buy melons today'. 

It's the kind of wind up that's so excrutiatingly un-clever, it's almost clever. 

Benny Hill back on a satellite channel tonight. Tell your dad.

1 hour ago, Gibby82 said:

It’s probably for the best that Aberdeen won’t be returning to Tannadice on league business this season. Hopefully the Dons have some closure come the next campaign.

You don't think that United can retain their top six spot? Surprising. 

2 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

It’s a bit sad that you’re getting so wound up that you need to resort to backhanded insults.  You really need to chill.

I was never a fan of Benny Hill but you certainly strike me as someone who was brought up in a household where that sort of ‘humour’ was appreciated.  Not your fault of course.

Guest Bob Mahelp
56 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

It’s a bit sad that you’re getting so wound up that you need to resort to backhanded insults.  You really need to chill.

I was never a fan of Benny Hill but you certainly strike me as someone who was brought up in a household where that sort of ‘humour’ was appreciated.  Not your fault of course.

Bit of an over the top reaction to what was only meant as a good natured tease. 

No offence meant.