Dundee Utd v Aberdeen

9 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

This is all getting a little overwrought now chaps. One guy was pushed by an idiot and his team suffered a questionable refereeing decision. It's a shame but I'm not sure it really merits the degree of outraged hand-wringing that's being generated.

It's a serious problem, when you've got morons affecting the outcome of a match, not to mention Madden as well. IMO.

30 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

This is all getting a little overwrought now chaps. One guy was pushed by an idiot and his team suffered a questionable refereeing decision. It's a shame but I'm not sure it really merits the degree of outraged hand-wringing that's being generated.

your club hosted a match where one of your own supporters assaulted an opposition player, not to mention the fact the United stewards then didn’t even remove said fan. You’re just going to have to accept it’s a massive embarrassment for your club and they should apologise.

The fact it materially affected the match is secondary to the above but it should supplement your clubs embarrassment. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
3 hours ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

What sort of condemnation do you want? The supporter involved has had his season ticket revoked and been issued with a ban: now it's in the hands of the police and further official comment or censure could prejudice the case. Your attempt illustrate the event as an example of racism is fragile and pitiful.

I'm surprised at two aspects, that Dons fans keep on repeating the same things about the incident, and that nobody has mentioned how wound up Ojo was for the five minutes before he was ordered off. Earlier on the match thread I mentioned his involvement with Seigrist when Butcher was sent off, which Madden must have noticed: he could/should have been yellow carded there, which may have added weight to the referee's judgement to card him minutes later.

When I made my post, Dundee United had said absolutely nothing. It's entirely relevant to point out that they weren't so quiet after the Ross County game where they made immediate, and as it turned out, unfounded claims of racism.  

To condemn this kind of idiot behaviour from Mr Man/Child has nothing to do with the police case, and to say it has is simply hiding away from the facts. 

United could, and should, have made a statement at the very latest yesterday morning. As it is, and given their other immediate statements regarding your 'wonderful' two sided support, it looks like they're quite happy to pander to the bottom dwellers in your fan base. 

Your second paragraph is utterly ridiculous whataboutery. Best ignored.

Edited by Bob Mahelp

7 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

When I made my post, Dundee United had said absolutely nothing. It's entirely relevant to point out that they weren't so quiet after the Ross County game where they made immediate, and as it turned out, unfounded claims of racism.  

That's not true: United made a statement immediately after the game on Saturday. The 'unfounded' claims of racism you mentioned was unproven rather than having no foundation. Even Ross County (in a statement) admitted something had occurred, and changed their stance a few times. The SFA decided to take no action as their was insufficient evidence.

The same SFA has decided to uphold the Ojo red card. You are being selective and quite inaccurate with your posts.

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 hour ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

That's not true: United made a statement immediately after the game on Saturday. The 'unfounded' claims of racism you mentioned was unproven rather than having no foundation. Even Ross County (in a statement) admitted something had occurred, and changed their stance a few times. The SFA decided to take no action as their was insufficient evidence.

The same SFA has decided to uphold the Ojo red card. You are being selective and quite inaccurate with your posts.

I realise that there's very little point in arguing this out, because it'll change nothing. But you're truly dancing on the head of a pin with your assertions. 

Firstly, United made a statement on Saturday saying that 'they would say nothing until they examined the evidence'. That was all. Wow. 

Indeed, their statement from this evening is short, unapologetic, and smacks of arrogance. He's been banned for 'breaching the terms of his season ticket'. Fuxsake. 

Secondly, my point is that in regards to the Ross County game, your club were immediately and extremely vocal in regards to something that you admit yourself may not even have happened. By coincidence, they've been very quiet regarding something on Saturday which actually DID happen. 

The Ojo thing is ridiculously moot. The SFA upheld the sending off because they have no mechanism to repeal the yellow card....every single fan in Scottish football outside a few Arab apologists knows that it was a ridiculous decision by Madden, and a ridiculous decision to uphold it, but that's how Scottish football works and there's nothing can be done about it. 

Your insistence on bringing up Ojo is a deliberate attempt at whataboutery....to somehow deflect blame and make Ojo culpable in what happened. 

Deary me. 

Edited by Bob Mahelp

Is there an official timescale for a club to issue a statement or are they supposed to batter out raw reaction filled statements like The Rangers? Or like Glass who chucked Ojo under the bus?

And United cant realistically do much more then pass it to the police and ban the guy, which they've done.

Football clubs don't have the clout some people seem to think they do. They can't chuck people into the Gulag for 30 years.

Lets stop throwing out judgement like confetti and see how it all plays out.

The guys been banned and will get a further slap on the wrist at court.  The aberdeen fans seem to want nothing less than a public act of self-flagellation from United - its hardly as if this is the only time something like this has ever happened. Off the top of my head, Hearts, Hibs and Dundee have all had morons from their support have a go at players on the pitch in the last few years.

United have publically done all the needed to do in response to it and hopefully have passed an apology to Ojo in private.

7 hours ago, Aladdin said:

The guys been banned and will get a further slap on the wrist at court.  The aberdeen fans seem to want nothing less than a public act of self-flagellation from United - its hardly as if this is the only time something like this has ever happened. Off the top of my head, Hearts, Hibs and Dundee have all had morons from their support have a go at players on the pitch in the last few years.

United have publically done all the needed to do in response to it and hopefully have passed an apology to Ojo in private.

Correct. And I seem to remember Leanne dempster doing an interview after the game furious and personally apologising to tavernier. 

9 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Correct. And I seem to remember Leanne dempster doing an interview after the game furious and personally apologising to tavernier. 

Don’t think she was quite as forthcoming when a Hibs supporter aimed a punch at Zlamal however. 

Think it was against your lot that someone picked up a trackside microphone and threw it Jimmy Dunne?

Been a few high profile incidents from our own support too over the years.

Every club has its embarrassing ned element.