Dundee Utd v Aberdeen

7 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Interesting point this  “Such conduct from any supporter is wholly unacceptable and should not be tolerated in what, for a football player, is their place of work.”

Whilst of course he is correct, is it acceptable to verbally abuse someone who is simply doing their job at their place of work?

What’s your point, exactly?

6 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Interesting point this  “Such conduct from any supporter is wholly unacceptable and should not be tolerated in what, for a football player, is their place of work.”

Whilst of course he is correct, is it acceptable to verbally abuse someone who is simply doing their job at their place of work?

No but it probably happens all the time for folk who work retail, hospitality and customer service.

1 minute ago, Redmin said:

No but it probably happens all the time for folk who work retail, hospitality and customer service.

Not sure about “all the time” but it certainly happens to those and others.  I assume if a customer in, say, Tesco was abusive to a staff member there would be good grounds to ban that customer.

16 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Even if he didn’t see it are you telling me that in the time that passed between the incident and that interview he won’t have been told by multiple sources what really happened?

ETA - if he hadn’t seen it then he should be going out of his way to find out what really happened, speaking to ojo etc before making a public statement.  

Of course, you have a point and in hindsight Stephen Glass should have said a lot less in his BBC interview. Probably down to inexperience in dealing with this type of situation and I’m sure if he had the time back, he would give the same interview he gave to RedTV. 

But at least the club have come out with their official take on the situation, which quite a few have been asking for.

15 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

The “such conduct” that Aberdeen FC are referring to in the statement is players being physically assaulted by fans.

Along with the physical assault on Ojo, including getting some kind of foodstuff thrown at him continuously by a childlike person, he took a helluva verbal battering from the group of fans in that part of the stand. This is not great, but both you and I know that unfortunately this is seen as acceptable, so long as it’s not racial, homophobic or perpetrated by a Celtic or Rangers fan.

9 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Of course, you have a point and in hindsight Stephen Glass should have said a lot less in his BBC interview. Probably down to inexperience in dealing with this type of situation and I’m sure if he had the time back, he would give the same interview he gave to RedTV. 

But at least the club have come out with their official take on the situation, which quite a few have been asking for.

You may be right that it’s just inexperience but honestly stuff like this adds to my concerns re glass. I don’t think it requires 10 years of management experience to know not to throw a player under the bus without knowing the full facts. 

On 20/11/2021 at 00:08, Kyle Reese said:

That’s why I’m surprised your record against United is so good for that period. Honestly, during that time, I just saw Aberdeen as like a northern Hibs, who we just always beat. United on the other hand regularly gave us problems. Conversely however, it looks like you guys were doing United. Funny old game. 😀

Kyle, your memory was correct

There was a period from end of 2006 until mid 2011 where United beat Aberdeen 10 times, drew 3 and lost 3

Included a 4-2 at Pittodrie, 4-1 in Semi at Tynecastle and four 3-0/3-1's at Tannadice 

From 2008-2012 We had very good records against Hearts and Hibs too, which included a 4-0 at Tynecastle and 4-1 at Easter rd

United were very strong for a good few years and consistent starting with Levein and ending with the sales of GMS/Armstrong and the like under McNamara

3 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I am delighted that this statement has come out. Going against the feelings of others on here, I feel that it is entirely possible that Stephen Glass did not see the incident properly by the time he gave his interview on BBC. He certainly gave a different interview on RedTV. But if fans are naturally cynical, then they’re going to be cynical here.

That is an horrendous take on Glass's comment.  It happened before half time and was getting posted on social media before full time.  So much time to get furnished with the full facts plus he must have spoken to Ojo before he gave the interview.

Even if he didn't see the incident properly, shafting your player on the BBC before he did have the full facts is poor man management.  Simple quote should have been "I never saw the incident, I'll need to review it later".  He threw Ojo under the bus in full view of the media.  Talk about losing the dressing room!

4 hours ago, Loonytoons said:

That is an horrendous take on Glass's comment.  It happened before half time and was getting posted on social media before full time.  So much time to get furnished with the full facts plus he must have spoken to Ojo before he gave the interview.

Even if he didn't see the incident properly, shafting your player on the BBC before he did have the full facts is poor man management.  Simple quote should have been "I never saw the incident, I'll need to review it later".  He threw Ojo under the bus in full view of the media.  Talk about losing the dressing room!

“An horrendous take”. Guid ane.

10 hours ago, betting competition said:

All smashing, but I think I'd rather someone, namely Cormack, addressed the real issue with regards this rather hopeless and 'out of their depth' management team that is currently in charge.

We're sinking perilously close to the foot of the table. What would be "wholly unacceptable" is if Glass remains in the job because Cormack can't bring himself to admit that he's made a mistake with the managerial appointment....

7 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

All smashing, but I think I'd rather someone, namely Cormack, addressed the real issue with regards this rather hopeless and 'out of their depth' management team that is currently in charge.

We're sinking perilously close to the foot of the table. What would be "wholly unacceptable" is if Glass remains in the job because Cormack can't bring himself to admit that he's made a mistake with the managerial appointment....

We're as close to Hearts as Ross County. I'm unusually optimistic that we'll be closer to Hearts than Ross County by the end of the season.

Guest Bob Mahelp

I hope that Dundee United are not going to hide behind the possibility of ongoing criminal charges before making a statement about the incident and banning the fat man-child. At this moment they seem very reluctant to condemn what happened. 

As to Glass's statement, he would have far better just to keep his mouth shut. Not for the first time. Ojo must feel that he's been thrown under a bus, both by his manager and by the football authorities. 

At least the club made a strong statement in support of him. 

4 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I hope that Dundee United are not going to hide behind the possibility of ongoing criminal charges before making a statement about the incident and banning the fat man-child. At this moment they seem very reluctant to condemn what happened. 

As to Glass's statement, he would have far better just to keep his mouth shut. Not for the first time. Ojo must feel that he's been thrown under a bus, both by his manager and by the football authorities. 

At least the club made a strong statement in support of him. 

And that havering school teachery gobshite Courts.

If he’s not waving anti racism cards & making a tit of himself, he’s havering inane nonsense with that patronising grating voice. 

11 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I am delighted that this statement has come out. Going against the feelings of others on here, I feel that it is entirely possible that Stephen Glass did not see the incident properly by the time he gave his interview on BBC. He certainly gave a different interview on RedTV. But if fans are naturally cynical, then they’re going to be cynical here.

With video analysis these days he would have seen the incident before the BBC interview. I think he would have seen it at half time.

And that havering school teachery gobshite Courts.
If he’s not waving anti racism cards & making a tit of himself, he’s havering inane nonsense with that patronising grating voice. 
Criticising a manager for making an anti racism statement is certainly a bold stance, I'll give you that.