Dundee Utd v Aberdeen

4 hours ago, craigkillie said:

I genuinely think that is the most likely scenario. If it was someone like Beaton or Collum I'd put it down to them just being arseholes, but Madden has never really struck me as being like that.

Either way, it is still incredibly poor refereeing by Madden. He has to be sure before issuing a card but in your scenario he has guessed at what happened. Absolutely incredible but happening more and more with the poor referees we have to endure in Scotland. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
15 minutes ago, Huisdean50 said:

Either way, it is still incredibly poor refereeing by Madden. He has to be sure before issuing a card but in your scenario he has guessed at what happened. Absolutely incredible but happening more and more with the poor referees we have to endure in Scotland. 

Madden had completely lost the plot in the 5 minutes leading up the Ojo incident. 

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

I thought that, apart two ridiculous long range shots, Gurr had a decent match yesterday. Can Longstaff come back like that? I doubt it.

Gurr was full of energy and gets into decent positions further up the park. Sadly it’s a wasted pass out to him though as he has no idea whatsoever what to do with the ball in the attacking half. 
The difference between him and Ramsay is colossal.

50 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Absolutely rank is slightly harsh, I concede I’m still bitter about his raith rovers performance. 

but he’s a million miles from being good enough and he didn’t do anything yesterday to change my opinion. 

Also I don’t remember saying the overall performance was “garbage”. 

I was the same as you with Gurr after Raith Rovers, and was worried when I saw his name in the team yesterday. But he did ok. He showed for the ball all the time, defended ok, had one decent shot, two awful shots. Put in a number of crosses, most led to nothing but one gave Jenks the best chance we had all afternoon. Not to labour the point, but you said both teams were garbage, which logically means you thought we were garbage.

15 minutes ago, big al said:

Gurr was full of energy and gets into decent positions further up the park. Sadly it’s a wasted pass out to him though as he has no idea whatsoever what to do with the ball in the attacking half. 
The difference between him and Ramsay is colossal.

To be fair, the difference between Ramsay and any other right back in Scotland is colossal.

27 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I was the same as you with Gurr after Raith Rovers, and was worried when I saw his name in the team yesterday. But he did ok. He showed for the ball all the time, defended ok, had one decent shot, two awful shots. Put in a number of crosses, most led to nothing but one gave Jenks the best chance we had all afternoon. Not to labour the point, but you said both teams were garbage, which logically means you thought we were garbage.

True I did. Probably more meant in an attacking sense as we were pretty garbage in the final third. Neither team really carried a great threat. 

ETA - we’ll have to agree to disagree on gurr. I didn’t think he did ok, maybe slightly better than the benchmark he’s set himself but not on any other measure. 

Edited by Dons_1988

7 hours ago, Lurkst said:

I'd love to know of an occasion where this law was required!

I think that whenever anyone is discussing the “laws of the game”, one of them is that the goalkeeper is only allowed to hold the ball in his hands for six seconds.

11 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Stephen glass has already undermined this by saying ojo let his team down. 

Walked it back with the "Having viewed the footage and spoken to the player, he is totally behind Funso over this atrocious incident." line IMO.

Also chuckled at the hamming it up - "Funso, who remains shaken by the entire incident."

11 minutes ago, RawB93 said:

Walked it back with the "Having viewed the footage and spoken to the player, he is totally behind Funso over this atrocious incident." line IMO.

Also chuckled at the hamming it up - "Funso, who remains shaken by the entire incident."

Nice attempt but there’s no way he didn’t see the incident in the time it happened to when he did his post match interview. 

Yeah, Glass misstepped post-match, so no real surprise that we have tried to change the narrative a bit now by sort of hinting that he hadn't seen it properly. There was probably a part of him that didn't want to be seen as using the incident to distract from a poor result, but he definitely misjudged it.

It is a reasonable statement apart from that, though, and Cormack and Gunn have got the tone pretty much spot on. 

39 minutes ago, betting competition said:

I am delighted that this statement has come out. Going against the feelings of others on here, I feel that it is entirely possible that Stephen Glass did not see the incident properly by the time he gave his interview on BBC. He certainly gave a different interview on RedTV. But if fans are naturally cynical, then they’re going to be cynical here.

5 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I am delighted that this statement has come out. Going against the feelings of others on here, I feel that it is entirely possible that Stephen Glass did not see the incident properly by the time he gave his interview on BBC. He certainly gave a different interview on RedTV. But if fans are naturally cynical, then they’re going to be cynical here.

Even if he didn’t see it are you telling me that in the time that passed between the incident and that interview he won’t have been told by multiple sources what really happened?

ETA - if he hadn’t seen it then he should be going out of his way to find out what really happened, speaking to ojo etc before making a public statement.  

Edited by Dons_1988

57 minutes ago, betting competition said:

Interesting point this  “Such conduct from any supporter is wholly unacceptable and should not be tolerated in what, for a football player, is their place of work.”

Whilst of course he is correct, is it acceptable to verbally abuse someone who is simply doing their job at their place of work?