Dundee Utd v Aberdeen

I've only seen the short clips and have never seen anything that shows what the referee has seen. I mean where was he looking at the initial push, and has Madden also reacted to the crowd reaction, assumed there's been an aggressive gesture, and booked Ojo based on that. 

That's still no excuse, as he should have consulted his assistant and if a referee genuinely doesn't see an incident, no action should be taken.  You can't guess.

Either way it's piss poor by Madden.  

Similarly the United social media team seemed unaware on the match tweets. I have no idea who runs the tweets, and if they're in the stand without a TV replay they have probably assumed the altercation was a genuine yellow card offence (and the wrong opinion has been cemented by the refereeing decision)

United need to move quickly on this and the fat fucker should be spending his Satudays nowhere near a football ground.

The wee arsehole throwing haribos or whatever should probably get addressed too. A ban is maybe harsh, as he does look young, but you can't let a fan away with throwing objects at a player. 

13 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I don’t know that anyone on here is looking for him to arrested and charged, I just think that United club officials should have stepped in at half time. I’m certainly looking for the Kirkton *** (nothing to do with Rangers) to be banned from going to football for a significant period of time.

I agree up to a point, he should have been arrested to take him out the ground and cautioned but I don't think it merits going through the court system. He should absolutely be Sine Die'd from all SPFL grounds like you say which is the correct punishment.

1 minute ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

I must admit I never considered that Madden simply didn't see Ojo being pushed by that moron, but that explanation makes sense.

Do we know if Madden consulted with the linesman in this situation? Can't just go making decisions on assumptions if he's not seen it.

39 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

There are different circumstances when a player must be cautioned for unsporting behaviour including if a player:

• changes places with the goalkeeper during play or without the referee’s permission (see Law 3)

I'd love to know of an occasion where this law was required!

I've only seen the short clips and have never seen anything that shows what the referee has seen. I mean where was he looking at the initial push, and has Madden also reacted to the crowd reaction, assumed there's been an aggressive gesture, and booked Ojo based on that. 
That's still no excuse, as he should have consulted his assistant and if a referee genuinely doesn't see an incident, no action should be taken.  You can't guess.

Either way it's piss poor by Madden.  

Similarly the United social media team seemed unaware on the match tweets. I have no idea who runs the tweets, and if they're in the stand without a TV replay they have probably assumed the altercation was a genuine yellow card offence (and the wrong opinion has been cemented by the refereeing decision)

United need to move quickly on this and the fat fucker should be spending his Satudays nowhere near a football ground.
The wee arsehole throwing haribos or whatever should probably get addressed too. A ban is maybe harsh, as he does look young, but you can't let a fan away with throwing objects at a player. 

There’s a precedent set here.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/aberdeen-aberdeenshire/3513468/13-year-old-aberdeen-fan-charged-after-plastic-bottle-thrown-towards-celtic-players/

The empty plastic bottle landed well away from the Celtic player.

1 hour ago, Suspect Device said:

Borrowing tactics from Arsene Wenger.

Not sure if this has already been posted but noticed this on twitter.

That's how the police and ref should have handled it. Well done to whoever that ref is.

I don't give a rat's monkeys what the rules said. That decision is an absolute disgrace and ref and SFA should bend all rules to rescind that immediately. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 hour ago, WullieBroonIsGod said:

The DUFC match tweets don't even mention the fact that Butcher was red carded. 

34 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/aberdeen-aberdeenshire/3513468/13-year-old-aberdeen-fan-charged-after-plastic-bottle-thrown-towards-celtic-players/

I assume Aberdeen gave said fan a lifetime ban?

1 hour ago, lubo_blaha said:

Kyogo would have still hit the deck if it was him.