Dundee Utd v Aberdeen

48 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Not so sure about that. Great restraint would be not reacting and walking away, not squaring up to some brain donor fan in the stand. Im not expecting him to be an emotionless automaton but you can't do what he did.

Yellow is the correct decision imo. At that point he was on a yellow and that literally is a warning to watch your conduct.

In the moment, the referee is in control of the game and can't wait till after the game to see if United will call an investigation. 

He showed great restraint by not at the very least pushing the guy back or grabbing hold of him, which would be most peoples reaction in that situation.

Even an argument he showed restraint by not lamping the guy in the heat of the moment.

3 hours ago, Aim Here said:

In terms of the rulebook, the case there was different because Ojo ran up to the stands to confront the player. Getting involved with an incident with a fan who encroaches the pitch is not a mandatory caution. Approaching the stands in a manner which is likely to cause any kind of security incident IS.

Ojo did not “run up to the stands” to confront anyone. What’s this, Chinese Whispers?

1 hour ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Not so sure about that. Great restraint would be not reacting and walking away, not squaring up to some brain donor fan in the stand. Im not expecting him to be an emotionless automaton but you can't do what he did.

Yellow is the correct decision imo. At that point he was on a yellow and that literally is a warning to watch your conduct.

In the moment, the referee is in control of the game and can't wait till after the game to see if United will call an investigation. 

If you are saying that he “squared up” to the guy then you haven’t watched the incident. He takes two steps forward after he is pushed and Mr Jackson comes forward again towards Ojo while another younger idiot three seats along lobs bits of his pie at Ojo three or four times. That part of United’s Stand must be a joy to sit in.

6 hours ago, AJF said:

In 99% of day-to-day situations, Ojo knocks the horrible c**t on his arse. The fact that he realises in the heat of the moment, pumped full of adrenaline that he is a professional sportsman and he can’t do what every fibre in his body is telling him to, is definitely great restraint.

As you allude to but are too scared to actually admit, you can’t expect a player to simply walk away in that situation.

Then gets arrested for assault and probably gets way worse a punishment than the total moron that shoves him... How many times do you hear that the reaction is punished more than the initial incident?

In this situation, Ojo reacts to the guy. If you believe that walking back up to a fan and squaring up to him is great restraint then fair enough, its still a yellow card. He could have turned to the referee and complained, he could have done many things but he went back to the fan. 

Ojo was on a yellow already and should have been more aware of that too.

5 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

Does “squaring up” to a fan warrant a yellow card. He was shoved by an opposition fan, under no provocation. In response, he stood up to him, no contact, showing much more restraint than 90% of people in that situation would show. It’s not like he deliberately went up to the United support and goaded them. He did f*ck all and if it was a United player in that situation the you’d never be saying it was a yellow.

I'd say so, yes.

He did nothing to warrant a shove but he then walked right up to the bloke, thats what he's been booked for here.

And if it was a United player I'd be raging at him for being goaded by a troglodyte whilst on a yellow.

Its all about opinions, eh?

5 hours ago, kingjoey said:

If you are saying that he “squared up” to the guy then you haven’t watched the incident. He takes two steps forward after he is pushed and Mr Jackson comes forward again towards Ojo while another younger idiot three seats along lobs bits of his pie at Ojo three or four times. That part of United’s Stand must be a joy to sit in.

The fan pushed Ojo away, Ojo then walks up to the guy and gets as close as he probably can to him without getting in the stand. Mr Jackson actually steps back like he's shat it then moves forwards once Ojo steps back.

Ojo didn't need to do that, if he shouts at the guy after he's pushed, gives him the finger or just rubbers him then its business as usual. 

Heres the video so you can watch again.

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

Any United fan suggesting he should’ve just turned around and walked away is deluding themselves. 

That's United fans for you chief. 

Weird bunch. 

All subhumans who have nothing in their deprived lives. A fan base who live in the past and celebrate losing a final almost 40 years ago. 

WASC. Minter as they would say.

Most United fans have been spot on regarding Butcher and Ojo here but I don't think Funso's second yellow was necessary nor that Madden was given no choice.  The incident was over and all Madden did was inflame the situation further by sending him off. Appalling lack of judgement, he took no time to make the decision, didn't consult with his colleagues, and put the players at further risk by rewarding the fan and punishing Ojo who pretty much everyone agrees showed great restraint. Not sure if the t'internet rumours are true but if the fat twat sat in the stands for the rest of the game without being ejected then United have serious questions to answer.

I'd say so, yes.
He did nothing to warrant a shove but he then walked right up to the bloke, thats what he's been booked for here.
And if it was a United player I'd be raging at him for being goaded by a troglodyte whilst on a yellow.

Its all about opinions, eh?

I’d like to know where “walking right up to a bloke” is a yellow card in the referee rulebook.

If people "squaring up" is a yellow card then why weren't both Ramirez and Edwards booked for doing so in the Butcher red incident? 

Why was Ojo shown a yellow and subsequent red yet - only a few weeks back - Edwards literally choked an opposition player and wasn't sent off? 

The consistency at which the refereeing standards are inconsistent is a fucking joke and its high time they were made to answer for their actions and their hefty wage packets. 

I fail to see the debate. The United fan was a p***k who hopefully will get the life ban he so richly deserves. If I know who he is, it shouldn't be hard for United or the polis to identify him.

Ojo's second yellow may have been technically correct, but f**k me it was harsh under the circumstances. Madden didn't even give an apologetic look after he booked him. You know, the one referees give where they are basically saying "I don't want to send you off but I sort of have to".

3 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

If people "squaring up" is a yellow card then why weren't both Ramirez and Edwards booked for doing so in the Butcher red incident? 

Why was Ojo shown a yellow and subsequent red yet - only a few weeks back - Edwards literally choked an opposition player and wasn't sent off? 

The consistency at which the refereeing standards are inconsistent is a fucking joke and its high time they were made to answer for their actions and their hefty wage packets. 

Scottish football and its authorities not only don't protect players and fans from racism and bigotry they actively support it. Actions speak louder than words. 

The United fan was a p***k who hopefully will get the life ban he so richly deserves. If I know who he is, it shouldn't be hard for United or the polis to identify him.

Do the right thing and get that vermin reported. That's utterly disgusting behaviour by the "supporter" and I hope he does get that life ban from all football. Wonder if there's potential for a criminal charge too

Do the right thing and get that vermin reported. That's utterly disgusting behaviour by the "supporter" and I hope he does get that life ban from all football. Wonder if there's potential for a criminal charge too
They were saying on sportscene that there is a criminal investigation pending, the absolute state some people get themselves in when at the football.