Dundee Utd v Aberdeen

2 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

I know, shite as it is though, when he moved forward after the initial push that is adopting an aggressive attitude so it is a cautionable offence as far as the Ref is concerned. I agree he was fairly calm under the circumstances but them's the laws sadly.

Plenty Utd players adopting a “confrontational” stance moving moving forward to Madden when Butcher was carded and yet..

As were Aberdeen players when Ojo went off.

Its a nonsense.

4 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

I know, shite as it is though, when he moved forward after the initial push that is adopting an aggressive attitude so it is a cautionable offence as far as the Ref is concerned. I agree he was fairly calm under the circumstances but them's the laws sadly.

Can you quote me this law? 

Just now, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Plenty Utd players adopting a “confrontational” stance moving moving forward to Madden when Butcher was carded and yet..

As were Aberdeen players when Ojo went off.

Its a nonsense.

I agree mozza, but refs are always told to be more strict towards players for any negative interactions directed at people not on the field of play, even if said people are absolute c***s who deserve it.

4 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

That shouldn’t be a red card for Ojo.  Shocking refereeing.

4 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

Scenes.

madden is a fucking arse.

2 hours ago, betting competition said:

Imagine if the Ojo sending off happen to a Rangers (pen to Rangers) or a Celtic player we would never hear the end of it but any other diddy team it doesn't matter

9 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Everyone in the ground knew who it was and what happened, apart from Tam Courts. Regardless of what the stewards and police did, someone of authority at the the club should have made sure that he was removed from the ground at half time.

The incident with Ojo and the supporter is daft, Funso Ojo did f**k all wrong there. I'm wondering if Madden, who in a terrible pool of referees is one of the least worst normally, had in his mind Ojo's behaviour during the Bthcher (deserved) sending off incident. 

Ojo raised both hands to Seigrist as I recall, a mere two minutes after his first booking, Madden gave him leeway, but stupidly thought the incident with the entitled supporter was enough to make a second booking. @kingjoey, very few in the ground knew who the fan was or is.

@betting competition makes a pertinent point.

2 hours ago, betting competition said:

Imagine if the Ojo sending off happen to a Rangers (pen to Rangers) or a Celtic player we would never hear the end of it but any other diddy team it doesn't matter

There is also no way that a Rangers or Celtic player would receive a 2nd yellow for that as they would be concerned about fans kicking off which definitely was occurring in the Jerry Kerr today after Ojo was dismissed.

4 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

It is(or was)caution code C1 AA, that may have changed since I gave it up.

All I could find was that it was ‘unsporting behaviour - adopting an aggressive attitude’. 

Unless there’s more wording to it, it really doesn’t apply here. 

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

All I could find was that it was ‘unsporting behaviour - adopting an aggressive attitude’. 

Unless there’s more wording to it, it really doesn’t apply here. 

Unfortunately after he is pushed, when he fronts up to the twat, he is deemed to be adopting an aggressive attitude and the ref has to caution him. I personally wouldn't but that is how jobsworths like Madden et al get to the top while others give up in disgust.

1 minute ago, Moomintroll said:

Unfortunately after he is pushed, when he fronts up to the twat, he is deemed to be adopting an aggressive attitude and the ref has to caution him. I personally wouldn't but that is how jobsworths like Madden et al get to the top while others give up in disgust.

But this is nonsense. If simply being aggressive is a bookable offence then you’d have 22 players booked at least once every week. 

ETA - how would responding to an unprovoked attack from the crowd be considered ‘unsporting’? 

Edited by Dons_1988

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 hour ago, invergowrie arab said:

You having a normal one again mate ?

Also his name is Ojo. Bit racist TBH 

Again, you seem to be using a sequence of words in completely the wrong order. 

Bringing up the fact that 'J' on a keyboard is quite obviously next to the 'H' is kind of thing that a fat arab coward would do, tbh.

Edited by Bob Mahelp