Tories that you like

BFTD

Bit harsh, some them are merely hard of thinking.
I had this conversation earlier today. Occasionally voting for the cűnts could be excused for naivete, believing propaganda, or stupidity. Actually supporting the party when the effects of a decade's mismanagement, incompetence and blatant corruption are so clear to see, but not affecting them (yet) is the sign of absolute cűnts. No excuses. None. Fūck them all. Every single fucking one of them.

10 minutes ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

I had this conversation earlier today. Occasionally voting for the cűnts could be excused for naivete, believing propaganda, or stupidity. Actually supporting the party when the effects of a decade's mismanagement, incompetence and blatant corruption are so clear to see, but not affecting them (yet) is the sign of absolute cűnts. No excuses. None. Fūck them all. Every single fucking one of them.

Tbf to some tory voters, I think the tory party are by far the most adept at manipulation and spin resulting in people who literally shouldnt vote for them for their own good, actually doing it. The tories get the papers to peddle single issues and people swallow it without looking any deeper. Hence, people vote agaisnt their own interests. 

Normall that would garner sympathy.... However, it so happens that the tories have convinced working class people to vote against their own interests by dog whistling them over a shared hate of foreigners and "lazy benefots scroungers, so any sympathy quickly evaporates. 

All you are left with is a deep frustration that you cant convince such a vast swathe of people that the Tories throwing them a wee bone here and there* and drowning a few immigants is actually a giant grift. 

*Teesside, im looking squarely at you. 

Like might be too strong a word but there are some Tories who could appear on Question Time or Andrew Marr or similar and I would be interested to hear what they have to say.

Chris Patten would be top of that list.

Also John Major, Michael Heseltine, Ken Clarke and Rory Stewart.

There are plenty that will never be on such a list.

17 hours ago, speckled tangerine said:

David McLetchie was a decent guy by all accounts. Another one nation type who wouldn't be welcome in the current proto facist tory set up.

Furthermore, it is my civic duty that fills with joy to tell Sannox to f**k right off. 

I was working down south when the Scottish Parliament reconvened so I know lessabout McLetchie but I bow to your knowledge.
From what I’ve read he was a decent man, the type that Boris Fud would have expelled and he’d be sitting by as a Liberal these days. 

it’s strange how our useless media were happy to squeal about Labour being hijacked by the hard left under Corbin yet they say nothing about the Conservatives being under the control of proto fascists. 

Guest Bob Mahelp
On 19/11/2021 at 05:16, Arabdownunder said:

You're watching Michael Portillo's train thing on TV; he seems pleasant enough. Then you remember.

I was about to post the same thing. I really enjoy his train travel programmes, they're truly interesting and informative. 

There are elements of Portillo that at face value shouldn't make him such an utter Tory khunt. A multi-cultural background....a Spanish father, a mother from Kirkcaldy. He speaks other languages. 

But he's a supporter of Brexit, and a fawning acolyte of Thatcher. Where did it all go wrong Michael ? 

Guest Bob Mahelp
20 hours ago, Glen Sannox said:

Civic and joyous! There are some real charmers on P&B. 
So a million Scots are “fucking scum” then. Aye, very good.

The Tories got 692,939 votes in the last GE, which was 25% of the total votes cast, not 25% of the electorate. Their vote was also down 3.5% from the previous GE. 

There are 3,641,960 people in Scotland eligible to vote. The Tories have around 19% support in Scotland. 

Glad to help with your Yoononomics. 

33 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I was about to post the same thing. I really enjoy his train travel programmes, they're truly interesting and informative. 

There are elements of Portillo that at face value shouldn't make him such an utter Tory khunt. A multi-cultural background....a Spanish father, a mother from Kirkcaldy. He speaks other languages. 

But he's a supporter of Brexit, and a fawning acolyte of Thatcher. Where did it all go wrong Michael ? 

My partner and I encountered him at this event, see link. It was a thoroughly enjoyable and entertaining afternoon listening to his various political anecdotes, along with his thoughts on how different cultures around the world regard train travel and rail networks. Came across as a really decent, genuine guy, although I will own up to buying one of his books, and asking him to sign it!

https://www.ticketsource.co.uk/whats-on/oswaldtwistle/civic-arts-centre-theatre/michael-portillo-life-a-game-of-two-halves/2018-11-03/d-zpxvzrtyazwpx

The discussion so far seems to be mainly about Tory politicians, who are obviously all c***s; I was curious about people in other fields that you think you'd get along well with, despite their private slogan of "I'm alright, Jack".

Eric Clapton's a massive Tory, for example. Surely he still has some fans who think he'd be a laugh to have a pint with (so long as you're white).

Brian Monteith's laddies played for Edinburgh City and he was okay to have a pint with if you didn't mention the politics. But he ended up too Tory for the Tories!

Lord James Douglas-Hamilton was a nice polite old fashioned aristo. Also a Boxing Blue at Oxford so you wouldn't spill his pint....

My pal's dad is a Tory and he's nice but I just silently laugh at his occasional Yoon rants.

15 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Brian Monteith's laddies played for Edinburgh City and he was okay to have a pint with if you didn't mention the politics. But he ended up too Tory for the Tories!

Lord James Douglas-Hamilton was a nice polite old fashioned aristo. Also a Boxing Blue at Oxford so you wouldn't spill his pint....

My pal's dad is a Tory and he's nice but I just silently laugh at his occasional Yoon rants.

Lord James - wow that’s a real blast from the past. You are so correct about how nice a bloke he is. Many years ago he came to our local Rotary Club and gave a talk about his family’s connections with Rudolf Hess at the end of WW2. Superb orator and insisted on refusing any expenses. Absolute gent. From the same background another wonderful speaker was the late Tam Dalyell. Old Etonian, left wing Corbynite labour MP but just oozed class. As the saying goes ‘never judge a book by its cover’.

4 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Many years ago he came to our local Rotary Club and gave a talk about his family’s connections with Rudolf Hess at the end of WW2. Superb orator and insisted on refusing any expenses. Absolute gent.

Flogging his book most likely..

9781526742384.jpg

10 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

The Tories got 692,939 votes in the last GE, which was 25% of the total votes cast, not 25% of the electorate. Their vote was also down 3.5% from the previous GE. 

There are 3,641,960 people in Scotland eligible to vote. The Tories have around 19% support in Scotland. 

Glad to help with your Yoononomics. 

There are comfortably a million Scots who have voted Conservative at one stage or another. As the civic and joyous poster pointed out, they are all scum and vermin. Then he’ll scratch his thick head as to why Indy isn’t happening.

34 minutes ago, Glen Sannox said:

There are comfortably a million Scots who have voted Conservative at one stage or another. As the civic and joyous poster pointed out, they are all scum and vermin. Then he’ll scratch his thick head as to why Indy isn’t happening.

Yes that's right. Any "Scot" who votes Tory is as much of a c**t as any English Tory voter.

The moral of the story is that Tory voters are c***s.