YouTube Vids

NotThePars

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 15/04/2022 at 12:39, ICTChris said:

I quite like fitness YouTube videos debunking other fitness YouTube videos.  In the last few months a primary subject of this is The Liver King, a guy who publishes videos of his workouts and promotes an 'ancesteral diet' featuring raw meat, organ meat (titular liver) and raw fertilised eggs.  Lots of people have called him out about him clearly being on steroids but his platform continues to grow.  I saw it as a bit of a laugh but then I saw this video today by Zach Telander, who is a weightlifting coach.  Apparently Liver King is making up to $2,000,000 A MONTH selling his range of supplements.  Two million a month.  Insane for someone who is clearly lying about how he looks the way he does and whose supplements are most likely bullshit.

MPMD does an hour long video about Liver King.

This Professor Dave guy is a good listen, his channel is very interesting as well. He debates a flat earther in this video and basically rips his theories apart in a pretty aggressive manner. 
That was a good watch. Flat earthers really are complete morons. I wouldn't even waste my time arguing with them because as this video demonstrates they have absolutely no interest in the truth, they just continue to spout their bullshit regardless of the evidence presented to them.

On 03/10/2022 at 12:26, IrishBhoy said:

This Professor Dave guy is a good listen, his channel is very interesting as well. He debates a flat earther in this video and basically rips his theories apart in a pretty aggressive manner. 

Aye, I've watched quite a few of his videos, but the debunking ones are very depressing. Don't get me wrong, he's doing the Lord's work but, as @19QOS19 points out, the people he's confronting are scam artists with no interest in truth, and people who've already pursued them down the rabbit hole are similarly unlikely to listen to reason. I've a horrible feeling that videos like these do more to draw in credulous marks for the grifters than to harm their "business", which is why they're always so keen to take part in them, despite being completely exposed.

5 hours ago, eindhovendee said:

Not sure if this is for real or a homophobic joke but it's a bit nuts.

It's real. John Oliver did a bit about it on his show, and invited the poor b*****d in the video over to the States. We appear to have introduced (or at least encouraged) homophobia to Uganda during colonisation, and American religious groups have poured gasoline on the fire as they turned to other countries for money when support for their rhetoric was gradually declining at home.

The ignorance is so shocking as to be amusing, but I'll bet we have posters here who can remember when people felt free to come out with similar stuff in public. Imagine your compatriots wanted to kill you or put you in prison for wanting to shag other consenting adults; lunacy.

On 15/12/2022 at 01:16, Ray Patterson said:

So apparently this was a real call made to BBC Radio Ulster and BBC Northern Ireland animated them into short stories and this is just something else: 

There's loads of them if you look.  It's a shame Gerry Anderson is dead as hearing the clips makes it sound like his programme was a good listen.  This was a good one too!

1 hour ago, DrewDon said:

There is definitely something I find a bit 'off' about Bald and Bankrupt, as others have said, but I do find some of his videos a really fascinating watch. 

I think his earlier videos going about tiny places in the firmer USSR art interesting but it’s pretty clear he is a complete creep.

I first watched his videos around the time of the war in Karabakh, he did one where he tried to get to Stepanakert but didn’t get allowed in. I think it was that one or a later one in Armenia where he started going on about Justin Trudeau and ‘soy boys’ for absolutely no reason. Weird and probably indicative of that whole pick up artist subculture.

He also nearly died of Covid, I think he was hospitalised for a few weeks, and after getting it did a video where he talked about it and said how serious it could be and how close he’d come to dying etc. He quietly deleted that one, the only one of his videos he’s ever binned. Says to me that it wasn’t good for that image of based red-pulled alpha Chad pick up artist he’s going for.

For all that his videos can be interesting.

I see he after going on an Assad-regime sponsored trip to Syria, he went to Afghanistan and posted pictures of himself 'hanging out' with the Taliban.  I found his early videos interesting but I'm not giving him any hits now and that's before going over the whole rape allegations again.