YouTube Vids

NotThePars

8 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

Mark Rober is brilliant. Did you see the videos where he teamed up with a channel called ‘Scammer Payback’, where they managed to get cameras inside one of these Indian scam call centres. They had a guy on the inside who let a box of cockroaches loose and they managed to get one of the glitter bombs inside too. 

Seen that also watch alot of Scammer Payback videos, the state some of the scammers get themselves in is brilliant 😂

21 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Seen that also watch alot of Scammer Payback videos, the state some of the scammers get themselves in is brilliant 😂

The video where he pretends to redeem $2000 worth of Amazon gift cards while the scammer watches on is brilliant. Very clever guys, who apparently have made these scammers very wary of continuing to work in those jobs due to how much personal information they are able to gather on them. 

On 18/08/2022 at 11:00, Snafu said:

Chill out, have a cup of coffee and watch this incredibly satisfying video - big mulcher goes nom nom nom nom

Unfortunately, that reminded me of a cattle grinder video I saw years ago, although this one was much nicer (unless you're a Triffid).

I didn't realise that Rifftrax have a YouTube channel containing full movies. Currently watching Honour & Glory, and might follow it up with Plan 9 From Outer Space.

22 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

I see Bald & Bankrupt was mentioned in the Washington Post the other week because he went on an Assad-regime sponsored tour of Syria.  

There have been a few travel bloggers who have gone to Syria. I think you have to to accompanied by an officially accredited guide, ie regime mouthpiece.

Another blogger who did videos there was talking about how certain areas were destroyed by rebels and terrorists when they were in fact destroyed by regime forces.

I guess they are trying to show to the world that Syria is returning to normality etc, it just makes the place look even weirder. 

Edited by ICTChris

6 hours ago, ICTChris said:

There have been a few travel bloggers who have gone to Syria. I think you have to to accompanied by an officially accredited guide, ie regime mouthpiece.

Another blogger who did videos there was talking about how certain areas were destroyed by rebels and terrorists when they were in fact destroyed by regime forces.

I guess they are trying to show to the world that Syria is returning to normality etc, it just makes the place look even weirder. 

Was that that Drew Binsky?  I mentioned earlier in thread that I can't take to him at all - definitely something off about him.  Not as creepy as Bald & Bankrupt but something just...off.

On 22/08/2022 at 01:12, Highland Capital said:

Was that that Drew Binsky?  I mentioned earlier in thread that I can't take to him at all - definitely something off about him.  Not as creepy as Bald & Bankrupt but something just...off.

No it was a female travel writer.  THis article isn't the one I read about it but it covers the story pretty well - https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/08/08/travel-influencers-whitewash-syrian-war/

Was in the middle of watching a film offshore yesterday, until somebody managed to connect their phone to the TV via Bluetooth, playing this thing below.  Whole room ended up watching it, all in stitches saying "WTF???!!!!"

Even today, I can still hear that noise those yellow things make.

Reminds me a bit of the Mighty Bush, albeit with a bit of gore thrown in.

Edited by Hedgecutter

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/08/2022 at 02:43, Highland Capital said:

This was really good but sad.

I like that guy. Used to watch all his videos on the London Underground and general transport system when I lived down there. He has an excellent knowledge of the Underground especially, and his videos would tell you about quirks or back stories from different things in the stations. I’ve hoovered a lot of London Underground facts from his videos which I use to impress friends and family. I did notice he hadn’t been posting as many videos recently. 

These videos showing tribal people trying Western foods has been showing up on my feed, and they can be quite heartwarming to watch. They usually show them eating stuff like Dominos pizza or a Big Mac, and the majority of the time the tribesmen love it. I did find this video quite funny though, where they tried a shepherds pie :lol: . 

On 27/08/2022 at 12:34, Hedgecutter said:

Reminds me a bit of the Mighty Bush, albeit with a bit of gore thrown in.

Love this Mike Nolan one from that channel "I've been a sparky for 15 years" :lol:

On 05/09/2022 at 03:24, IrishBhoy said:

I like that guy. Used to watch all his videos on the London Underground and general transport system when I lived down there. He has an excellent knowledge of the Underground especially, and his videos would tell you about quirks or back stories from different things in the stations. I’ve hoovered a lot of London Underground facts from his videos which I use to impress friends and family. I did notice he hadn’t been posting as many videos recently. 

He posted a few months ago to say that he was no longer with his partner Vicki - they visited every UK station and did lots of other videos together - which might explain that and the USA video.

On 07/09/2022 at 20:56, Arch Stanton said:

A story most of us will know but this guy has an enjoyable presenting style.

The bagpipe-like version of Clocks raised a wee smile.

Realised where I've seen him before - in a Geoff Marshall video about the Paris metro. As for music, this one features a piano version of The Chain:

• 2 weeks later...