YouTube Vids

NotThePars

On 09/12/2021 at 00:23, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I cannot believe how deep ive dived into a channel called ‘The hoof gp’. Guy who trims cow hooves from south west scotland with 1.5m subscribers and vids with 10million views etc, essentially trimming cows toenails. But f**k me i cannae stop watching. 

Watching one right now, after your recommendation.

I think it's like those videos where folk squeeze pus out of lumps and dig out horrific wax blockages from ear canals - you can just imagine what a relief it would be to the person (or cow) having it done.

Also, I don't know what yer man's taking, but I want some of it.

This guy is an absolute genius with a lathe and a milling machine, for anyone who likes some world class machining skills. Could watch his channel all day and there’s not even one word spoken. 

Anyone into hillwalking or just Scotland in general, this guy climbs mountains and wild camps all across the highlands. I’ve only recently started watching his videos and he seems to be originally from either the Netherlands or Scandinavia, but he has a real love for Scotland and his videos are well produced. 

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Ray Patterson said:

Always liked the B1M on YouTube for infrastructure/construction stuff, but there recent Billionaires Row video was insanely good: 

That was pretty interesting. Youtube algorithms led me to this one

9 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

That was pretty interesting. Youtube algorithms led me to this one

Aye big fan of any Wendover stuff - recently bought a Nebula Subscription to get the longer form stuff he does - $1 a month as well so pretty good value for all the good stuff it has.

21 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Quite enjoyed this COPA90 special...

@AmericanFan, you may enjoy this.

That was great. Learned a lot, such as didn't realize all the heartbreaking losses in qualifying the last 20 years. When the guy said, "2008 made me question why I'm a football fan?" I think every sports fan in the world can relate to that (Google: "Fifth down Missouri-Colorado" for mine).

I've noted this before, but I think Scotland is a bit hard on itself overall and does pretty well on the international stage for a country with roughly 2.75 million males.

Looking forward to seeing you c***s over here in 2026.

Was flying abroad years ago.  After checking in and mulling about duty free we still had time on our hands and she made the mistake of talking to a Thomas Cook rep at a podium trying to sell TC credit cards.

Apparently this once in a lifetime deal had airmiles/loyalty stuff included with it. 

I was not interested but the other half wanted to sign up as you got a complimentary gift. (A free passport cover, I kid you not).

About a year later she gets a call at work to say that someone in London had tried to withdraw £5,000 from the account in a bank.  Obviously they were not the master criminals they thought they were.

She confirmed that either of us had ever used the card and in fact it was in still attached to the letter it came with sitting in a folder in our house.

We phoned them a few weeks later to ask for an update on the fraud that was attempted in our name and we were told it was an ongoing investigation...and never heard a thing after that.

Chancers all round.

On 29/12/2021 at 20:04, Ray Patterson said:

Aye big fan of any Wendover stuff - recently bought a Nebula Subscription to get the longer form stuff he does - $1 a month as well so pretty good value for all the good stuff it has.

He lives in Edinburgh I believe.