The Binos v The Citizens

We entertain Edinburgh City at Forthbank this Saturday in what should be a close fought affair. For the Binos can we get out of this slump we are in and start to pick up ponts ? Lets hope so but it does not look too good at the moment due to injuries and suspensions. Out is Adam Cummins due to red card last week at Albion Rovers, back in will be Jordan McGregor after suspension. Martin McNiff I suspect will miss this game thru injury. 

For City after a shaky start to the season they appear to have regained form and will be difficult opponents on Saturday. Games between the two clubs are normally tight affairs and expect the same on Saturday. 

Prediction Binos 1 City 0  I hope think we will sneak it. 🤔

What's the sketch for away fans? Separate turnstile or just go in the main stand? Might just take a wander up the M9 on Saturday....

Not sure if City have regained form, the scars of the 4-0 Albion home pummelling are still fresh.  

Edited by RubyTuesday

What's the sketch for away fans? Separate turnstile or just go in the main stand? Might just take a wander up the M9 on Saturday....

Main Stand, enter the turnstiles and when you get into the stand head down to the far away end (the Monument End) and that’s where the away support sit

Have enjoyed past encounters between SA and EC. But this one could be all huff and puff. Bookies seem to thing that as well.

How about some controversy. Dodgey penalties, 4 og’s, or KR who will be on the the bench. Comes on as a sub after 63 mins. Clatters in ref knocking him out cold. 
I don’t wish any harm. I just crave excitement.

Guest mr_malcolm
We really need a win today or I can see us slipping down the league.
One positive, the Manager of the Month curse has now passed to Forfar. They won’t slip up against Cowdenbeath, will they?[emoji848][emoji6]

Nope

The game had everything today, apart from a decent referee. The penalty decision was laughable. I wouldn't blame him, for the red card though, Grant should have known better.

I was a bit baffled by the decision to withdraw Bikey then sub  Heaver with full back Watson just as we had gone 2-1 down but we did continue to press up to the end.

Not enough quality from with players passing the buck by playing the ball back to Currie. Too many players going through a dip in form. As long as we stay in touch and in a playoff place our form will return. Once you're in the playoffs your league position is irrelevant.

6 minutes ago, headthebaw said:

The game had everything today, apart from a decent referee. The penalty decision was laughable. I wouldn't blame him, for the red card though, Grant should have known better.

I was a bit baffled by the decision to withdraw Bikey then sub  Heaver with full back Watson just as we had gone 2-1 down but we did continue to press up to the end.

Not enough quality from with players passing the buck by playing the ball back to Currie. Too many players going through a dip in form. As long as we stay in touch and in a playoff place our form will return. Once you're in the playoffs your league position is irrelevant.

I agree with your referee comment, he was absolutely shocking.

Another vote for the poor quality of the ref. The penalty looked a soft one in our favour, plenty of 50:50 balls given as fouls, and a clear City throw in by the corner flag in the last minute given as a Stirling goal kick. 

Still, a decent 3 points, Innes Murray probably shaded it as our MOTM. Now up to 5th with a game in hand on those immediately above us. The Naysmith moaners will be a little quieter tonight. Well done also to the City players for applauding the 3 carloads of fans at the end. 😄

It was a tight game as expected.  Edinburgh started better and were pressing and looking like scoring, until a break away from Stirling and an offside player crossing for a good goal.  1-0.

A penalty in the first half was a fair conclusion 1-1 and the Stirling defender didn't need to dive in and upend Ozy See who was running away from the goals.  HT

Second half Stirling were better for the first 20 minutes but then faded.  A crazy tackle and red card meant the opportunity moved towards the Citizens.  That is exactly what happened - a good finish from Innes and a great result from the young team.  6/7 main players out and still sitting in the top half, well done the manager and the team.  Edinburgh play with freedom and can look forward to Elgin on Tuesday.    

Naismith is managing the squad very well and deserves plaudits.  

I have to admit I was worried that we weren’t going to be able to hold on to a draw after Stirling’s start to the 2nd half but what a turnaround. The team have responded brilliantly since the Rovers game. With only 5 points between 3rd and 8th place, the race for the play-off’s is looking really tight now.

On the last two occasions I've been to Forthbank we've won so it's beginning to be a nice trip.. Hats off to the friendly stewards too.

I can see why the Binos fan above wanted excitement as there seemed to be a lot of hoofball from Stirling and if you're watching that every week... 

Albion passed up a lot of chances but we won, played well enough and it's two in a row. A long trip to Elgin awaits the team and if we can get another result then things are looking up. 

Its been said by previous posters Ref was poor gave us nothing during game, too whistle happy imo. For the game itself felt we started well and got ourselves in front thru Dale Carrick but we shot ourselves in the foot by giving away a stupid penalty to make it level at halftime. 

Second half we looked in command until Ray Grant got sent off for a challenge when he should have known better and that enabled  City to believe that they could get the win and they did with a late goal. 

Overall better performance than our last 2 home games but we still ended up with nothing. Thats 1 point in our last 3 home games. simply not good enough from a team that is looking to get into playoffs. Would have hoped to get the win yesterday to give our confidence a boost for a tricky Cup Tie next week against Tranent .

3 hours ago, rhliston said:

Second half we looked in command until Ray Grant got sent off for a challenge when he should have known better and that enabled  City to believe that they could get the win and they did with a late goal.

Grant didn't seem to learn from being pulled up earlier for tackles in similar positions, but I don't think the game turned on his 2nd yellow. The strange set-up at the back always looked awkward and ready to crumple once the City forwards got themselves together, as they had already intermittently and did again for their well-taken 2nd goal.  

Was as the game, thought Striling probably shaded the first half but seems to be a lock of confidence about them at both ends if the pitch. 

Edinburgh came into the game second half and after the red card there was an inevitability about the result.

Agree with the poster who thought removing Bikey was a strange sub.