Peterhead v QP

16 minutes ago, Skeletar Spider said:

This is our fifth season in the third tier in the past 15 seasons. Twice (in 07/08 and 17/18) we've been on 20 points after 15 games with squads made up of amateur players and a few loan signings from professional teams here and there.

This season we're on 23 after playing 15, 3 points better off, but with a fully professional squad and a wage bill that I understand dwarfs anything else in the league. Fans are more than entitled to be demanding an awful lot better.

That’s the most devastating stat yet, from a plethora of stats that mostly are devastating. 

First of all, fair play to Peterhead, especially with their depleted squad. Their second half performance deserved the points, but I just don’t know what’s going on with us right now. I was hoping it might just be a recent Firhill thing as I thought the performances and results at Dumbarton and Cove were pretty good but obviously not. First half was fine, but that second half capitulation was shambolic and pretty gutless. f**k knows what was said in the dressing room at half time. Everyone looked jittery after the break and all composure in possession seemed to disappear. If the manager can’t motivate the players, then that’s extremely worrying however the players should be able to motivate themselves. If they don’t want to play for the manager then the least they can do is play for each other. And for us fans who travelled up. Not a cheap away day for any of us.

Incidentally, I realise I’d had a few but I think Ferrie could have done much better at their winner. He should have held the shot or pushed it to safety rather than straight out to the guy for a tap in. If that was Muir then his detractors would have been quick to pile on so I can only assume Pixellot didn’t pick it up at all or they were away for a pish in the ground.

1 hour ago, an86 said:

That’s the most devastating stat yet, from a plethora of stats that mostly are devastating. 

You think that's devastating? We're only on two more wins at the same stage than the 08/09 team, which had players of the calibre of Stuart McGrady, John Neill and Adam Coakley getting a game.

1 hour ago, Mick1867 said:

First of all, fair play to Peterhead, especially with their depleted squad. Their second half performance deserved the points, but I just don’t know what’s going on with us right now. I was hoping it might just be a recent Firhill thing as I thought the performances and results at Dumbarton and Cove were pretty good but obviously not. First half was fine, but that second half capitulation was shambolic and pretty gutless. f**k knows what was said in the dressing room at half time. Everyone looked jittery after the break and all composure in possession seemed to disappear. If the manager can’t motivate the players, then that’s extremely worrying however the players should be able to motivate themselves. If they don’t want to play for the manager then the least they can do is play for each other. And for us fans who travelled up. Not a cheap away day for any of us.

Incidentally, I realise I’d had a few but I think Ferrie could have done much better at their winner. He should have held the shot or pushed it to safety rather than straight out to the guy for a tap in. If that was Muir then his detractors would have been quick to pile on so I can only assume Pixellot didn’t pick it up at all or they were away for a pish in the ground.

I was at the game and I thought that he was slow in reacting to the shot. You can't be certain but I think that Wullie would have done better plus he does save a good percentage of penalties.

2 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

He did the same in the East Fife game, right after a poor clearance. Wasn’t on the highlights. On both feet and he palmed into the centre of the box.

3 hours ago, Skeletar Spider said:

You think that's devastating? We're only on two more wins at the same stage than the 08/09 team, which had players of the calibre of Stuart McGrady, John Neill and Adam Coakley getting a game.

And the 1981/82 team had 3 wins and 5 draws after 12 games in a league which included Hearts, Motherwell, Hamilton, Killie, Raith, Ayr, Dunfermline and St Johnstone!! and not a loan player in sight.

They did have Eddie Hunter as manager though.  I would imagine Eddie's half time chats were rather  more motivating than Ellis's

Edited by Arachnophile

1 hour ago, Arachnophile said:

They did have Eddie Hunter as manager though.  I would imagine Eddie's half time chats were rather  more motivating than Ellis's

Maybe that's just who we're needing as a "motivational coach" for the ................well for the coach.

Not known for mincing his words Eddie would'nt miss the underachievers and hit the wall.

Leann are you listening ????  Of course you're not; you're not the kind to admit you got an appointment wrong, so our misfiring coach is going nowhere anytime soon. Until your boss Lord Haughey reins you in, we can but live in hope.

FYI --- for anyone who  had the unfortunate experience of the live stream for this game and having approached Peterhead FC myself regarding same ---they have admitted liability for a very poor standard of coverage and issued a full refund ----may I suggest (if you haven't already) doing likewise as this is the only way the quality of any future coverage is going to get any better..... 

28 minutes ago, bridgeofweirdo said:

FYI --- for anyone who  had the unfortunate experience of the live stream for this game and having approached Peterhead FC myself regarding same ---they have admitted liability for a very poor standard of coverage and issued a full refund ----may I suggest (if you haven't already) doing likewise as this is the only way the quality of any future coverage is going to get any better..... 

Did contact the club a couple days back to mention folk were not too happy about the stream, the problem was found too late but good the club are willing to do the right thing as usual. The system is not the best but has been improving with time. Prefer going to the games but for those who cant Pixalot is better than nothing.

23 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Did contact the club a couple days back to mention folk were not too happy about the stream, the problem was found too late but good the club are willing to do the right thing as usual. The system is not the best but has been improving with time. Prefer going to the games but for those who cant Pixalot is better than nothing.

Was pretty thankful when it kept moving away from the action in the second half tbh.

1 hour ago, bridgeofweirdo said:

Fair play to Peterhead. Not sure all teams would have done that.

40 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

Fair play to Peterhead. Not sure all teams would have done that.

We tend to do the right thing as a rule. As a season ticket holder we have got the streaming included with it since lockdowns started. Unlike a lot of other clubs all our home cup ties are included with a season ticket as well.