Peterhead v QP

11 hours ago, qpfc said:

“Both signed by Ellis” quite clearly a suggestion that you’re insinuating that Ellis was the influential figure in brining Connell to QP ? Sometimes realising you made a mistake provides a strong alternative that benefits the club. I don’t doubt he’s a good coach but his role in the qp management role might quite overwhelming at this point. We should of appointed someone that knew how to keep the Playing side on track, whilst off field matters are dealt with 

Haughey will have brought in Connell.

He's apparently on £5K a week at Celtic and QP are paying 25% of that.

I don't think your benefactor will be putting up with Ellis for much longer given the huge outlay he's made on the full time playing squad, loanees, training ground and full backroom staff.

Edited by Charliechurch

11 hours ago, an86 said:

Don’t agree with a lot of this. This squad is more than good enough to be winning games of football in this league. Ellis has inherited and added to one of the better sides in the division and is not getting nearly enough out of it. Where Dempster’s blame comes in is that she appointed him and green lighted the structures around him. 

I think we do agree. That was the very point I was making about the squad. They are good enough to be contenders but Ellis is not good enough to bring it together.

27 minutes ago, williebraveheart said:

I think we do agree. That was the very point I was making about the squad. They are good enough to be contenders but Ellis is not good enough to bring it together.

Wasn’t necessarily just the football side. Talk of people “destroying the club” and regretting Haughey involvement is a touch over the top imo. They weren’t the ones who made an arse of the stadium, which is basically the root of all of our wider problems. Who would have bailed out our settlement with the contractors, but for Haughey’s involvement? 

An incredibly disappointing result yesterday. I don't know how many times now we've had Jekyll & Hyde performances where the entire team seems to change mentality after half time, it's a seriously worrying trend, as well as continuing to be absolutely rotten at defending set pieces and the heads dropping when we concede. From that point onwards there was only going to be one winner, and I suppose I should he thankful for the absolutely shocking Pixellot stream for refusing to show us Peterheads winner, as well as missing probably about 10 minutes of the actual game over the total 90, by far the worst stream I've been subjected to in the last 18 months.

The questions from the support regarding the manager are completely justified at this time and if the club actually cared then Ellis would be looking over his shoulder. However, in my opinion Ellis is safe for the foreseeable because of the shite spouted by the club at the beginning of the season. McKinnon was supposedly let go because he wasn't given the budget he expected to be able to improve the team (whether the players he would sign would actually have done that is a debate for another time). Ellis was taken on as manager because he was the cheap option already at the club and clearly accepted that smaller budget while Dempster chose to focus on off the field "priorities". Add in the bizarre team selections and tactics weekly leaves me wondering if Ellis is up to the job.

Opposition fans wondering if we're overreacting etc. just need to see our recent form to see why we're feeling like this. Without even looking into the manner of some of these results questions would be asked at any club with this run of results, nevermind for our squad which is supposed to be one of the best in the league. 

Screenshot_2021-11-21-11-39-27-875_eu.livesport.FlashScore_com.jpg

Edited by Dave

1 hour ago, an86 said:

Wasn’t necessarily just the football side. Talk of people “destroying the club” and regretting Haughey involvement is a touch over the top imo. They weren’t the ones who made an arse of the stadium, which is basically the root of all of our wider problems. Who would have bailed out our settlement with the contractors, but for Haughey’s involvement? 

Agree with all of that but you can’t deny, officially or not, he’s got a grip on QP now. The dependency has been created. 

Luckily enough i go to games so dont have to rely on streaming although its included in our season ticket. The system did seem to have improved since starting but went on today to have a look at yesterdays events. but no sign of Queens goal, lead up to penalty unclear then for our winner the camera was left further behind play than the Queens defence. Not sure if worth trying to run the whole game but with it being a remote system not sure what tweaks can be done to improve it.

2 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Agree with all of that but you can’t deny, officially or not, he’s got a grip on QP now. The dependency has been created. 

The current structure is dependent on him for a period of time. I don’t have an issue with that. I think many of the problems on and off the park are fairly easily fixed, particularly the on field ones. 

Our President and Chief Executive are the hide and seek champions of Scotland. From my own personal perspective, all I want to see from them is just the slightest acknowledgment that we have an existing supporter base. I don’t need them to tell us we’re great or any of that pish, I just want them to listen and engage beyond soundbites. 

34 minutes ago, Dave said:

I suppose I should he thankful for the absolutely shocking Pixellot stream for refusing to show us Peterheads winner, as well as missing probably about 10 minutes of the actual game over the total 90, by far the worst stream I've been subjected to in the last 18 months.

Haven't looked at the stream replay to check it but if it's that bad you should complain to the club and hopefully they'll refund you.

They won't refund you for QP being bad though. 😀

Edited by blueone

1 hour ago, blueone said:

Haven't looked at the stream replay to check it but if it's that bad you should complain to the club and hopefully they'll refund you.

Just had a look at the match stream & it is poor, not sure if the camera angle has been altered or something but it seems to pick up our dugout & the linesman quite a lot. Also the lights on the far side have a lot of glare not sure if they have been altered either. This was the first game really under the lights this season so maybe needs looking at. Most clubs with the pixalot system have trouble with quality but ours had improved but did not look good yesterday. Thankfully i can say "i was there" 😃

2 hours ago, blueone said:

It was terrible, to be fair - probably the worst I've ever seen. This was the picture for a corner at the other end, for example, and we also missed our goal, the penalty, and plenty other parts of the game:

PXL_20211120_162804891~2.jpg

1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Refuses, or are other forces at play. Would like to hear qpfc comment more on his exchange with the coach yesterday. Sounded intriguing.

What ? I didn’t speak to the coach, I just commented to Fox that he should play each week and he just shrugged his shoulders as if he didn’t understand why 

On 21/11/2021 at 01:20, Larry Hood said:

Imagine checking on what Clyde fans were tweeting on what QP fans were tweeting. 

#obsessedmuch

Oh look, one of the biggest idiots on the forum has reared his extremely moronic little head again. 

This is our fifth season in the third tier in the past 15 seasons. Twice (in 07/08 and 17/18) we've been on 20 points after 15 games with squads made up of amateur players and a few loan signings from professional teams here and there.

This season we're on 23 after playing 15, 3 points better off, but with a fully professional squad and a wage bill that I understand dwarfs anything else in the league. Fans are more than entitled to be demanding an awful lot better.