Peterhead v QP

2 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

QP fans - who couldn't be arsed going to the game today - all over Twitter calling for their manager's head, despite their team being right in the mix for promotion. Deary me.

Just got a decent result but your first thought is the QP thread. Wee freak. 

6 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

QP fans - who couldn't be arsed going to the game today - all over Twitter calling for their manager's head, despite their team being right in the mix for promotion. Deary me.

Daft post, at least to anyone reading it who has a brain.

A full time football club who are hoping to be right in the mix for promotion as you say should be taking more than 2 points from 9 against the bottom 3 sides in the division.

We've won 2 matches since August and manage to absolutely shite the bed time and time again - if that's not grounds for criticising the manager then I don't know what is.

29 minutes ago, the_bully_wee said:

I guarantee if you had the squad we’ve got you’d be absolutely fuming. We’ve won 3 in 14 and the performances have been nothing short of embarrassing, particularly the last month. I’m fine with points being dropped and a spell of bad form, but we’ve completely  fell apart and that 2nd half performance today was a team that had completely stopped playing for the manager. Bunch of bottle jobs 

Edited by qpfc

15 minutes ago, bobthespider said:

Can someone please explain why Fox is not starting…has there been a fallout with the manager ? Is he not fit enough to play ? Very frustrating. What will the manager say in his interview after the match…nothing new I suspect. Season could be over very soon .

One thing's for sure you won't get any information from the club. I am so sad to see the club I have supported for 70 years descend to be run by this bunch of arrogant self centred plonkers. A burger and chips and a bottle of beer does not cut it for me.

20 minutes ago, bobthespider said:

Can someone please explain why Fox is not starting…

A clueless manager. Not all on him, though. A title winning manager left in the summer. People within the club contributed to that decision. People who were giving it the big one about Championship and Premiership dreams in the summer. Hubris. 

On the game, other than Connell goal and a Liam brown opportunity, we did the square root of nothing. We looked fairly settled the first half but the way we played that 2nd half was an embarrassing spectacle. We were 2nd to every ball, created zero chances and made Peterhead to look more the full time team playing. There’s full justification on Ellis being sacked but some of the players have got to look at themselves in the mirror. Murray has been utter garbage for 3 months and for the wage he’s on, he plays like he doesn’t give one bit about the team

im not the biggest Bob mchugh fan but to drop him today was ridiculous. He’s arguably been our best performer the past month and he ended up being dropped?? Ridiculous from Ellis and those are the decisions that should quite rightly result in him getting the sack. He’s quite simply not ready and not capable of this job. Well done Dempster  

Edited by qpfc

32 minutes ago, bobthespider said:

Can someone please explain why Fox is not starting…has there been a fallout with the manager ? Is he not fit enough to play ? Very frustrating. What will the manager say in his interview after the match…nothing new I suspect. Season could be over very soon .

Ellis picking his pals. Still in disbelief he dropped Willie Muir but not Kilday. As if Willie has been the blindingly obvious issue in defence over the past 2 months. 

Starting Murray was the weakest bit of management imaginable. McHugh has been in decent form. The reason for Murray’s absence against Dumbarton is an open secret and his petulance at Cove has cost us in recent games.

Green lighting him straight back into the team basically tells the guy he can do what he wants and it doesn’t really matter how McHugh or any other striker plays. Stealing a wage at present.

The current situation with the team was summed up perfectly by Tommy Robsons pathetic attempt at winning the ball in the build up to their second goal. 

Deprioritising the first team is one of the few new initiatives we have actually delivered on so fair play for that 👏  

1 hour ago, an86 said:

Starting Murray was the weakest bit of management imaginable. McHugh has been in decent form. The reason for Murray’s absence against Dumbarton is an open secret and his petulance at Cove has cost us in recent games.

Green lighting him straight back into the team basically tells the guy he can do what he wants and it doesn’t really matter how McHugh or any other striker plays. Stealing a wage at present.

Do tell, please.