Goalless at the break. Neither team hit their stride as of yet.

As I expected not the free flowing passing game of last week from Cove. Thought we had a couple of half chances with Masson's 2 shots and Rory should have done better with his near post header.

Jevan looking like a 3rd choice RB.

Airdrie have had limited chances so far but look like they could counter and set pieces could be a route to goal.

Ref a bit quick brandishing cards. Didn't think there was much in Rico's.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

13 minutes ago, diamondman said:

Fell short again

Surely if we have any ambition to win the league we need a couple of strikers of the Goodwillie quality, we have boys that will run all day that's all very well but what we need is a penalty box striker, Manager must see this and can't rely on midfielders to score. 

It was one of those days ( again) and I worry that it could be the Partick/Raith scenario of the last few seasons where we just can't beat a  close competitor. First congrats to Cove because they do look like a solid leading side and if you have Megginson up front then the first goal can be so critical as it proved. The first half was very even and both goalies had one good save while we tended to be unable to break through a very tough back three/midfield shield. The first 20 minutes of the 2nd half did see us up the energy and there were a few panics in the away end. The miskick by the goalie was a real chance for Easton, and Gallagher did not have the pace to get his later chance away. Cove then had a very good spell and Currie kept us in the game . The opening goal looked like a series of poor defending from Fordyce's poor header which let Yule get in a good cross as our other defenders left Megginson uncovered. It might have been possible for a comeback but another good cross from Milne was just too easy for the in rushing Fyfie.  That was very much it although we launched loads of high balls up the park all of it which lacked composure.  I never got any result correct today and the tightness in the League will continue for a while yet. I was curious about how Vigurs would play and he rarely wasted a ball today whilst our creative guys just found it hard to get through. On the Referee he was a wee bit fussy but he has been like that for many a season.  I think our next League game is away at Montrose and that's another tough place to go. Maybe time for a Cup run!

2 hours ago, Chapelhall chap said:

It was one of those days ( again) and I worry that it could be the Partick/Raith scenario of the last few seasons where we just can't beat a  close competitor. First congrats to Cove because they do look like a solid leading side and if you have Megginson up front then the first goal can be so critical as it proved. The first half was very even and both goalies had one good save while we tended to be unable to break through a very tough back three/midfield shield. The first 20 minutes of the 2nd half did see us up the energy and there were a few panics in the away end. The miskick by the goalie was a real chance for Easton, and Gallagher did not have the pace to get his later chance away. Cove then had a very good spell and Currie kept us in the game . The opening goal looked like a series of poor defending from Fordyce's poor header which let Yule get in a good cross as our other defenders left Megginson uncovered. It might have been possible for a comeback but another good cross from Milne was just too easy for the in rushing Fyfie.  That was very much it although we launched loads of high balls up the park all of it which lacked composure.  I never got any result correct today and the tightness in the League will continue for a while yet. I was curious about how Vigurs would play and he rarely wasted a ball today whilst our creative guys just found it hard to get through. On the Referee he was a wee bit fussy but he has been like that for many a season.  I think our next League game is away at Montrose and that's another tough place to go. Maybe time for a Cup run!

Second half started with Cove looking intent on giving away cheap possession and inviting Airdrie to have a couple of chances. I also thought Airdrie might score the opener during that 20 minute spell. Cove took their chances and then defended the lead without too much fuss.

Not a great passing or free flowing attacking performance from us. Quite below the performance of last week and the Queen's game but we looked fairly solid. 

Airdrie I'm sure, or know, can and will play better than that. Was looking forward to seeing Easton and McInroy but neither got a foothold in the match.

Vigurs is doing his job but not excelling in my eyes. Better than he has been I'll give him that. 

Montrose away is about as hard as it gets. 

Our December league games are Dumbarton (h), Falkirk (a), Clyde (h), East Fife (h).

All the best against Stenny. We have QoS

Edited by CoveRangers1922

2 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Second half started with Cove looking intent on giving away cheap possession and inviting Airdrie to have a couple of chances. I also thought Airdrie might score the opener during that 20 minute spell. Cove took their chances and then defended the lead without too much fuss.

Not a great passing or free flowing attacking performance from us. Quite below the performance of last week and the Queen's game but we looked fairly solid. 

Airdrie I'm sure, or know, can and will play better than that. Was looking forward to seeing Easton and McInroy but neither got a foothold in the match.

Vigurs is doing his job but not excelling in my eyes. Better than he has been I'll give him that. 

Montrose away is about as hard as it gets. 

Our December league games are Dumbarton (h), Falkirk (a), Clyde (h), East Fife (h).

All the best against Stenny. We have QoS

A fair analysis as usual. Montrose (A) Queens Park (H) Clyde (A) Alloa (H) is our 2021 remainder so it's an interesting pattern of games, and I expect the tightness to continue. You would be looking for 9 from home games I assume  whereas we might get 6 if we play well. Clyde usually give us a tough match there and being in the bottom end does not mean you can't compete at home.  I got no correct results today so I am giving up predicting till next time. We have a lot of ex players at Stenny so I expect a challenge. QOS just went bottom so maybe you can catch them out. Best wishes once more.