Looking forward to this one, should be a tough game. A real big opportunity for airdrie to lay down a marker and get a result here to push on at the top of the league. Cove however are a good side with some real top quality players and to be honest airdrie never really laid a glove on them in the reverse fixture at balmoral, was just more annoying that day that we lost in the 89th min. Will go for a tight match with airdrie winning 2-1. Mon the diamonds[emoji815]️

Away fixture was disappointing, but we can't say our performance on the day deserved anything.

Will McInroy be available? Will Easton be stifled out like he was back in September? These will prove important factors I think.

Tricky to call, but hope the Diamonds come out on top.

Edited by diamondman

DTV link for those unable to make it along...

https://www.airdriefc.com/2122-news/211118/cove-rangers-livestream-now-available

Nothing won or lost on Saturday, but we've been on a good winning run at home and the psychological boost of winning a top of the table clash could be enormous.

Two dangerous sides and there tends to be goals when Cove visit us, so it's really nicely set up. The visitors will fancy their chances, that's for sure, but Airdrie are in a much better place than in the reverse fixture in September.

Should be a belter. 

Agreed, we are playing much better now and starting to see real improvement week on week. Just look at Galls goal last week. 25 passes, slow, steady and controlled. We've a strong team and I'd be surprised if we don't start the same 11 on Saturday. 

Yes Cove are strong but so are we now. We need to play our own game and keep creating chances as we have been. 

If we do that, we can win against any team in this league. Looking forward to the game and if we win, we start to open up a gap which would be superb. 

Clash of the titans, ok not quite but two teams in form and hoping to be title challengers this season. 

I'll be travelling down to the game on Saturday. Last week was our best performance of the season so far. Movement and creativity which was a joy to watch. The only downside was we missed a barrel load of great chances; something we can't do against the likes of an inform Airdrie side.

Airdrie will pose more of a test than the reverse fixture a few weeks back for various reasons such as being at home, in better form, Fordyce/McCabe/McInroy all potential starters.

Cove's upturn in performances is a large part due to getting width back in the team. With Milne and Masson and Logan and Yule on the wings we have pace and opportunity to supply the front two.

Hopefully PH goes with Scully and Fyvie in CM but we all know it will be Vigurs who will partner Fraser and Connor will be benched.

Mitch coming off a brace should be brimming with confidence.

There will be goals I reckon but who will outscore the other!

We've been playing some great football this season. Absolute joy to watch at times and has most of us pretty optomistic. Unfortunately though, over the last decade or so, whenever we've got our hopes built up they've been crushed in a big game like this. Can we put that to bed?

18 minutes ago, Tory Boy said:

We've been playing some great football this season. Absolute joy to watch at times and has most of us pretty optomistic. Unfortunately though, over the last decade or so, whenever we've got our hopes built up they've been crushed in a big game like this. Can we put that to bed?

Imo, we broke the big *home* game curse last season when we beat Falkirk twice, East Fife and Montrose in the run up to the playoffs, and then ofcourse Cove in the playoffs. So hopefully that shows tomorrow ♦️

3 hours ago, Tory Boy said:

2 hours ago, GoalForAirdrie said:

Imo, we broke the big *home* game curse last season when we beat Falkirk twice, East Fife and Montrose in the run up to the playoffs, and then ofcourse Cove in the playoffs. So hopefully that shows tomorrow ♦️

I agree with both these posts, but IMO this will be the biggest test of the last couple of seasons I reckon, and will go a long way about how I feel about the rest of the season.

Win, and I'll be much more confident this team can hopefully do good things in the league and deservedly remain top.

Lose, and while I won't chuck in the towel or that, but it will hammer right back home that this is Airdrie and there's always a let down coming!

Again, that's just how I feel.  Over to you Airdrie......

As the match preview points out, these are two teams who are bang in form. 

We're also looking at two squads with plenty offensive weapons and the goals do tend to flow when Cove come down to visit us. We're a much changed side since the dramatic playoff semi win, but if we get anything like that tomorrow it'll be some watch. 

Understandably, Peterhead and Dumbarton came intent on sitting in and breaking, but one imagines Cove will come at us and try and make hay out of the big pitch. Plenty width in both sides, but Quitongo and Watson will need to be on their game up against the attacking fullbacks of Logan and Milne. 

Get the Dynamic Duo of Easton and Frizzell onto the ball though, as well as players like McInroy and Smith, and we will cause plenty problems of our own. 

Buzzin for it. 

Win or lose against Cove it won't define either clubs season,  It is definitely game of the day in the division though,  both clubs at the summit at the moment for a reason,   Cove with most of their goals through Megginson and McAllister, Airdries goals are much more spread out.... 

Onto the game, first goal is crucial,    recently we have struck first and dictated play, if we go on the back foot early like Falkirk at home, we struggle to break teams down.      Confident we will not lose the game though.

1 hour ago, Stevo1968 said:

If we had Mcallister and megginson I think we’d stroll that league. It’ll be a big test for an out of positions McCabe or a n unfit Lyon’s/Kerr

This could well be a game we are dominated in,  we need to keep our shape early on and keep in the game...   apart from the Allo a game Rhys McCabe has been outstanding, I am more concerned a bout our strikers holding the ball up in order to get up the pitch , which opens up the pitch for Dylan and frizz to wor k there magic..

2 hours ago, Passionate said:

This could well be a game we are dominated in,  we need to keep our shape early on and keep in the game...   apart from the Allo a game Rhys McCabe has been outstanding, I am more concerned a bout our strikers holding the ball up in order to get up the pitch , which opens up the pitch for Dylan and frizz to wor k there magic..

Wouldn't think Lyons or Kerr  will be involved in starting eleven, 

Big miss today not having Shay Logan or Scott Ross which means we have no recognised RB. Worse still is we play Jevan Anderson who in the few minutes of action I saw him against Clyde looked a weak link.

Fyvie still has a niggle so it's Scully and Vigurs in CM.

I suspect a different performance than the one last week against Peterhead.

Take a point seeing our lineup. 

Edited by CoveRangers1922