Motherwell vs JTs 20/11/21

I think if that foul gets committed on the halfway line it's probably just a foul and nothing more. But fair fucks to Shields for committing to it. I thought he was tremendous and absolute ran himself into the ground. 

Presumably Hearts had a bit of a hangover from wrapping up the league title in October. 

On 21/11/2021 at 09:02, Swello said:

I think there were a few heads gone - (based on their line-up) it felt like Hearts were expecting to turn up, play their "home" style and do to us what they did to Utd a couple of week ago, which was a bit, er hopeful. The most gratifying thing was that it was obvious that we were pressing the life out of Hearts after about 20 mins but Neilson didn't change anything up that I could see other than some like for like subs - seeing Gordon repeatedly take those short kick-outs to his defence so that we could get stuck in again was wild.

Also - reading the weird match report on the Scotsman website - it made a big fuss about a penalty that Hearts didn't get - I have literally no memory of it - when was it meant to have happened?

Maybe. Not how I saw it though. We set up to hit on the break, with a lineup that was changed from our last game (and best performance of the season), because Halkett was injured. This led to Moore being put back in to centreback, and Smith returning from injury in at RWB. Moore was getting involved in the midfield from RWB (v United), and it allowed our two CMs to play. Same applies to Cochrane on the other side. Halkett being out removed him from the role of ball/winning CB, and meant Souttar had to move in to the centre of the back three/Halkett role, where he is less effective. One injury disrupted our defence and midfield.

Motherwell deserved the win, but we were shockingly bad. My biggest worry, is that it was obvious from early on that we weren’t coping, but Neilson just let it play out and left it far too late to make any changes to try and get back in it.

Lessons need to be learned.

Edited by Kyle Reese