Motherwell vs JTs 20/11/21

It wasn't a penalty - but it wasn't even a thing in the game (I had a quick look at the Alba coverage and it was just a decent bit of recovery from Lamie after the Hearts man was slow to control it and nothing more, which is why it didn't really stick in my mind). I think as @MP_MFC says, it was a penalty shout only in the mind of the Scotsman hack and Neilson gave a bit of a diplomatic answer to it.

3 hours ago, capt_oats said:

He looked like he got his feelings hurt by Tony Watt.

Oh aye.

3 hours ago, Leith Green said:

he then said something just before Woodburn left the field to wind him up a wee bit more - Woodburn was seething 😂

It was this. I spotted it on Alba, Watt said something and his eyes filled up, maybe one of those moments where ye need to punch something or greet to release the frustration.

28 minutes ago, ropy said:

Are there Hearts fans who think there was a penalty?  If it was the Lamie challenge then obviously it is the full length of the pitch away from them but I don’t remember reading any Hearts fan claiming a penalty.  Is that happening elsewhere?

I'll be honest, at the game I expected Collum to give it. I don't think it was though.

1 hour ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

“We came here, it is a big game for Motherwell, you could see at the end the way they were celebrating,” said Neilson

What's this guy's obsession with teams celebrating/enjoying winning games of football?

image.png.2b24142db40de52ec9320396c7ddf16e.png

Wish we had tried as hard as you do mate.

Wasn't even close to a penalty. It happened just in front of me as I was in the Phil O'Donnell stand at that end. Ginnelly was rapid to get clean through, then slowed down way too much when he got the ball, allowing Lamie to catch up and put in an excellent challenge. I don't think a single Hearts player, staff member or fan claimed for a penalty. What a weird shout from the journalist. It wasn't Sked, was it?

It's clear that Neilson works well when he's at Hearts, but by f**k he's an absolute banger of a man. 

20 minutes ago, Swello said:

It wasn't a penalty - but it wasn't even a thing in the game (I had a quick look at the Alba coverage and it was just a decent bit of recovery from Lamie after the Hearts man was slow to control it and nothing more, which is why it didn't really stick in my mind). I think as @MP_MFC says, it was a penalty shout only in the mind of the Scotsman hack and Neilson gave a bit of a diplomatic answer to it.

I was more surprised at the reaction of the player and Neilson at the sending off, no protesting just a shrug of the shoulders and quiet acceptance. I'd have been right in Collum's face asking him if he was havin a feckin laugh.

2 hours ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

“We came here, it is a big game for Motherwell, you could see at the end the way they were celebrating,” said Neilson

What's this guy's obsession with teams celebrating/enjoying winning games of football?

image.png.2b24142db40de52ec9320396c7ddf16e.png

With the away side going off into the Tommy McLean stand this season it has incentived a bit of an elongated celebration from everyone up that end of the Hunter.

Players love it too. Big Sol is top man for getting into the final whistle party mood, followed by Mugabi. Load of fun watching a despondent opposition trudge off while everyone, including half the team, is having a nice wee song and dance.

I could understand complaining about the sending off. Looked very much like just an honest "coming together" and I'd have been raging if it had been the other way round.

The "penalty" incident was just an excellent tackle by Lamie.

Really enjoyable performance yesterday, probably our best of the season so far. The fact both Neilson and Gordon got thoroughly wound up is the icing on the cake.

I wasn't sure about the sending off, but if that journo hadn't mentioned the so called penalty I wouldn't have thought twice about it. It's not like collum to miss out on the chance to give a penalty against us.

We've been doing that celebration all season, partly due to the novelty of having fans back after lockdown, and also because we have a bunch of new players that have connected well with the fans. Then add in all the fan appreciation stuff we've been doing. It's nice, and we did it after Ross County too, so it's not a Hearts thing.

Belittling the opposition and their fans after they hammered you is some take. "I know we lost, but the other team is really shite." The "quality" patter can do one as well, there's quality in the defensive aspects of the game as well, and if your quality is nullified by a bunch of jobbers pressing, then you're going to have a hard time against half the league.

I'm a big fan of Woolery taking on the old Curtis Main role of sending Harry Cochrane back in time with his shoulder.
I went right into dad mode after that challenge, was all "shit, I hope that wee boy is alright". Gorilla Monsoon would have been all over that one.

2 hours ago, fat_tony said:

I could understand complaining about the sending off. Looked very much like just an honest "coming together" and I'd have been raging if it had been the other way round.

Really enjoyable performance yesterday, probably our best of the season so far. The fact both Neilson and Gordon got thoroughly wound up is the icing on the cake.

The sending off was a bit soft for just the foul but we had just won the ball against their defence and they are scrambling back. In that circumstance a foul that isn't a genuine attempt to play the ball is always going to get a yellow. 

2 hours ago, Ron Aldo said:

Tony Watt has never struck me as being the sharpest knife in the drawer but between winding up "Broony" earlier in the season and then making Woodburn cry, I may have underestimated him.

I agree, but he could have avoided a yellow card in the 90+th minute.

5 hours ago, fat_tony said:

I agree the second yellow was soft but then I think about it being a barge in the back rather than an attempt at the ball and the fact that Shields was bearing down on goal (not completely in the clear though) and come back to thinking it was a justified booking.