Motherwell vs JTs 20/11/21

Possession, eh? Shields is fast and Lamie and Mugabi are just taking the piss now. Nice that we gave SOD the wee run out.

I'm glad Moore fouled shields there or collum would have gone home with blue balls

I'm sure the terrace podcast will tell us how excellent hearts were. I was worried when Boyce came on, he'd be a good back up to Tony Watt.

24 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

I'm sure I've seen Hearts play worse, but not often.  Didn't battle, got suckered into playing a style that was a dream for Motherwell and were so naive it was embarrassing.

I thought given some of the tackles Collum let go Moore's 2nd booking was extremely harsh,on the other hand his performance deserved a red card.

At least Gordon is still good.

I tend to agree about the booking, possibly a shade of ‘last man’ made up his mind about the card.

Gordon's double save at 2-0 was incredible, tbf, however his tantrums getting bigger throughout the 2nd half did amuse me. Tremendous game management from 'Well today. 

I thought the players who I've been critical of lately - Goss, McGinley and Shields - were all excellent today. If only Goss could have 30 seconds on the ball each time, he'd be sensational. Lovely ball in for the 2nd goal. 

Poor from Hearts today. I was impressed by them at Tynecastle, but they were miles off it today. Seemed to be sucked into Motherwell's game and couldn't handle us. I do like Devlin though. 

Finally, Lamildinho, eh? He was outstanding today. For all the criticisms I've dished out to the manager, he's worked wonders for Lamie. 

It was a terrible performance from us. Probably worse than Aberdeen away. Offered nothing. It's "Hearts away".

Best compliment I can give Motherwell is they are the most efficient team we've played. Not got a lot of quality, but they absolutely maximize everything they have and fair play on that.

That’s the best team performance we’ve had in some time. We totally stopped Hearts from playing and Kelly only made one save of note. Whenever they got the ball there was a Motherwell player all over them. The higher press got us the ball higher up and made us more menacing going forwards. It was a bit of a risky tactic as we left Smith totally unmarked a few times and could have been caught out at the back post.

As mentioned above, today was some of our players best performance of the season. The Bathgate Maldini won everything in the air and apart from a dodgy pass in the first couple of minutes was assured on the ball. Mount Besuvius is great fun at right back. He’s so unpredictable and I love it. I was dying for him to do some Jim Paterson stepovers. That’s the dream.

Woolery had his best game and he got more and more confident as the game went on. His tracking back was tremendous too. Shields is rapid and was a threat all afternoon. Maguire and Goss were very good today as well.

That was much more like it. I even enjoyed my macaroni pie when there was no curry ones left. Thank you.