Motherwell vs JTs 20/11/21

We’ve got two good forwards and we need to start playing them both through the middle. 352 please!

Kelly

Sol Ojala Lamie

Mugabi Slattery Maguire O’Hara Carroll

Watt KVV

Hearts will rightly start as favourites but I’ve got a sneaky feeling we might get something from this one.

Pretty much every match we have won this season has basically taken the form of the opposition dominating possession and squandering chances, before we eventually take 50% of the chances we make or in the the case of the last game v Aberdeen 100% !

That works when you are playing teams in the bottom half. When teams like Hearts who create even more chances and actually have players who can make them count we are usually found wanting. Going along in hospitality this weekend which means I will hopefully be well oiled by the time KO arrives. 

Hopeful we can upset the odds but my head tells me Hearts will win by a couple of goals. Last time I thought like that was Hibs at home in the 1st game of the season. Although we lost it was still the best performance of this season imho. Another like that would be most welcome and maybe just maybe we can get a positive result 🤞🙏🤞.

Edited by welldaft

We must have a pretty decent home record against Hearts over the last decade or so tbf.

I'm maybe exaggerating, but it feels like Hearts historically must have one of the biggest disparities in home/away form in world football. Though Neilson seems to have sorted that this season.

Hearts a bit like Aberdeen for me - I never expect us to beat them but every now and then we get a result against them (especially at Fir Park).

I think this will be a tight game. I'll go for 2-1 Motherwell but reserve the right to change this to 3-1 Hearts once I see we've lined up 4-3-3 with McGinley at left back and SOD (Motherwell version, not Scotland version) back in the team.

35 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

We must have a pretty decent home record against Hearts over the last decade or so tbf.

I'm maybe exaggerating, but it feels like Hearts historically must have one of the biggest disparities in home/away form in world football. Though Neilson seems to have sorted that this season.

Our away form is usually terrible. I think Neilson, over both spells, has got a far higher win percentage away from home than any manager in the last decade or 2.

Fir Park is one of those grounds that I'm always sceptical about going to, but I have seen us win our last 2 there, so sheepishly confident for once.

54 minutes ago, Connor1874 said:

Our away form is usually terrible. I think Neilson, over both spells, has got a far higher win percentage away from home than any manager in the last decade or 2.

Fir Park is one of those grounds that I'm always sceptical about going to, but I have seen us win our last 2 there, so sheepishly confident for once.

Wasn't the last Motherwell v Hearts game at Fir Park the one where Chrissy Long scored the winner in December 2019?

7 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

Wasn't the last Motherwell v Hearts game at Fir Park the one where Chrissy Long scored the winner in December 2019?

Aye but thankfully I missed that one! Last trip through there was the Friday night League Cup game and before that was the 1-0 win at the start of the 18/19 season, so 2 in a row for me personally.

59 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

What's the South Stand capacity just now? 

The Tommy McLean stand I will have you know. As of last week !

I think with reduced capacity (due to away team entering from that stand) around 4200 or so.  Looks like the Jambos will almost fill it. Decent effort and thanks for your hard earned cash 💰👍

Guest superward

Agree with some above, can't see us starting 3-5-2. Mugabi as a wing back makes me shudder (right back is fine). We have moved to it mid game though a number of times so outside chance I guess. 

I'd be happy to start the way we set up and beat Aberdeen. 

7 hours ago, welldaft said:

The Tommy McLean stand I will have you know. As of last week !

I think with reduced capacity (due to away team entering from that stand) around 4200 or so.  Looks like the Jambos will almost fill it. Decent effort and thanks for your hard earned cash 💰👍

I think we've sold about three and a half thousand which is brilliant. I can't see us selling many more so there will be a few hundred empty seats.