St Mirren v Livingston 20/11

13 minutes ago, Ric said:

To you perhaps. To others who watched him effectively clear the ball from the line using his hand, it's certainly less clear.

Yes, neutrals who are watching the decision rationally are saying one thing, and biased fans howling at the moon with their own ludicrous interpretations are saying something else. Like basically every decision ever.

Apart from anything else, he's at least 4 yards from goal so it's not "from the line".

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

Yes, neutrals who are watching the decision rationally are saying one thing, and biased fans howling at the moon with their own ludicrous interpretations are saying something else. Like basically every decision ever.

Deary me, what a state to get yourself into.

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Apart from anything else, he's at least 4 yards from goal so it's not "from the line".

Think you're wasting your time here. St Mirren fans are hardly known for their rationality

4 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Shut up you utter melt. 

Boring and uncreative we certainly are but we're proven stuffy and hard to beat. You don't lose only 4 out of 14 by being the worst team in the league. 

Your stupidity continues to know no bounds.

And your happy with that .being fucking mince time after time now that is fucking stupid..you are easily pleased.At home our Performances are nothing short of shocking 

3 minutes ago, elvis said:

And your happy with that .being fucking mince time after time now that is fucking stupid..you are easily pleased.At home our Performances are nothing short of shocking 

My first post clearly shows I'm not fully happy with it.

It's a looooooong stretch from 'we're the worst team in the league' though.

So yes, you are stupid. You're an entitled self-confessed former Celtic supporter who doesn't have a good thing to say about SMFC ever. You show up to gloat when we underperform and disappear when we win so frankly you can fucking do one.

3 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

My first post clearly shows I'm not fully happy with it.

It's a looooooong stretch from 'we're the worst team in the league' though.

So yes, you are stupid. You're an entitled self-confessed former Celtic supporter who doesn't have a good thing to say about SMFC ever. You show up to gloat when we underperform and disappear when we win so frankly you can fucking do one.

Clearly then I don't disappear to often as we have only three wins in the league so far  .And why would I have a good thing to say about us as we are by your own admission as boring as f**k to watch especially at home who in there right mind would do that .you should only give praise when praise is earned maybe one day we will get a performance worthy of praise until then as you  so eloquently put it FUCKING DO ONE.

We threw away 2 points yesterday through bad game management. Against Livi it is usually 1st goal is the winner. We scored first and should have shut up shop and seen the game out.

In the second half the wing backs were effectively playing wingers. Looking for a win Jim kept them up top hugging the touchline stretching the Livi defence. Brophy was still struggling on his own as Livi dropped their wing backs to a back 5. 61 minutes Dennis came on to help. 7 mins later we score.

At that point we should have brought the wing backs in a bit and played as wing backs and not wingers and pull one of the strikers deeper. And when Brophy went off why bring on another striker to keep 2 up top? There were plenty of midfield options available to fill the middle of the park but we had 4 men playing across the front when we were 1 up and left huge gaps behind which Livi exploited. Better management may have been boring but it would have got us 3 points (game was boring anyway).

1 hour ago, NorthBank said:

We threw away 2 points yesterday through bad game management. Against Livi it is usually 1st goal is the winner. We scored first and should have shut up shop and seen the game out.

In the second half the wing backs were effectively playing wingers. Looking for a win Jim kept them up top hugging the touchline stretching the Livi defence. Brophy was still struggling on his own as Livi dropped their wing backs to a back 5. 61 minutes Dennis came on to help. 7 mins later we score.

At that point we should have brought the wing backs in a bit and played as wing backs and not wingers and pull one of the strikers deeper. And when Brophy went off why bring on another striker to keep 2 up top? There were plenty of midfield options available to fill the middle of the park but we had 4 men playing across the front when we were 1 up and left huge gaps behind which Livi exploited. Better management may have been boring but it would have got us 3 points (game was boring anyway).

We made huge changes when it went 1-0 though. We went from 532 to 433, brought on Longridge, Forrest and Panayiotou. Instead of sitting back we went for pace and exploited the space inside of the St Mirren LB/RB. We seemed to especially target the RB side for St Mirren and we got a lot of joy down that side in the last 15

18 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Amazing that the levels of constant mediocrity on display from ourselves sees us in 6th place after 14 games (albeit in the flimsiest of circumstances).

I'm amazed more questions aren't being asked of Goodwin. I can't remember a manager that I've thought has truly turned a corner on quite so many occasions.

Are we hard to beat? Yes. Are we hard to draw a performance out of? Equally, yes. The very definition of middling, which I suppose for a club like St. Mirren is perfectly fine. But f**k me, if I'm going to watch us just draw games, I'd rather they were containing a bit more quality than we've seen on show of late.

Thing is, every time I start to feel really dissatisfied, we string a few decent results together and I feel obliged to wind my neck in. 

We got past the whole 'squeezing Kiltie and McGrath into a 3-5-2' phase and things improved. We strung three wins together and things felt good. But take a step back and see they remain our only three wins, and suddenly it's not so rosy.

Most teams are playing a version of a back three now, so I'm happy to shut up about that, but we remain wholly unconvincing as a team, and definitely not entertaining.

We won't go down and I don't think we'll be close to relegation, so it feels churlish to complain, but what's the plan from here? We've got to get players in who can play this system. Millar looked like the answer but has gone AWOL. Brophy blows hot and cold, and lacks the service. 

I'm not saying the team we put out yesterday should have blown Livi away, but it should certainly have been good enough to cause them far more problems than we did. We turn in far too many turgid performances.

I'm far from calling for Jim's head, because at this stage the parallels with the final days of Danny Lennon are very strong, and that turned out to be a huge error. But fans won't come out in numbers to watch that bollocks.

5 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Thing is, every time I start to feel really dissatisfied, we string a few decent results together and I feel obliged to wind my neck in. 

We got past the whole 'squeezing Kiltie and McGrath into a 3-5-2' phase and things improved. We strung three wins together and things felt good. But take a step back and see they remain our only three wins, and suddenly it's not so rosy.

Most teams are playing a version of a back three now, so I'm happy to shut up about that, but we remain wholly unconvincing as a team, and definitely not entertaining.

We won't go down and I don't think we'll be close to relegation, so it feels churlish to complain, but what's the plan from here? We've got to get players in who can play this system. Millar looked like the answer but has gone AWOL. Brophy blows hot and cold, and lacks the service. 

I'm not saying the team we put out yesterday should have blown Livi away, but it should certainly have been good enough to cause them far more problems than we did. We turn in far too many turgid performances.

I'm far from calling for Jim's head, because at this stage the parallels with the final days of Danny Lennon are very strong, and that turned out to be a huge error. But fans won't come out in numbers to watch that bollocks.

Yeah not saying that at all either. It's more a step back and looking at the snapshot of the season so far at home. We should be turning in better performances than we are and 6 goals in 7 home games is testament to that. 

If we were passing up chance after chance then you could at least fall back on bad luck and be confident that the goals will come eventually but we're simply not creating enough in general to put teams away.

10 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Yeah not saying that at all either. It's more a step back and looking at the snapshot of the season so far at home. We should be turning in better performances than we are and 6 goals in 7 home games is testament to that. 

If we were passing up chance after chance then you could at least fall back on bad luck and be confident that the goals will come eventually but we're simply not creating enough in general to put teams away.

Yeah, 1 point gathered at home against Livvy and Dundee isn’t great and it starts to put fans into the “where’s our wins going to come from” headspace.

not shouting for Goodwin to go, but just so frustrated as we could be doing so much more with some of players we have.

10 hours ago, craigkillie said:

It's a rule because a handball has to be deliberate to be a handball, just as it has been for the entire time that football has existed. The rules on what is deliberate have become stricter over the last few years and if anything need to be relaxed even more. Clearly a downward header on to your own arm does not count as a deliberate handball.

I refer you to the penalty awarded to Sellick in the 2012/13 League Cup semi-final.

10 hours ago, craigkillie said:

And so I'd say to you, what if it had been on the line? What if that contact with his arm had prevented the ball from being a goal?

2 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

And so I'd say to you, what if it had been on the line? What if that contact with his arm had prevented the ball from being a goal?

It would have made absolutely no difference, because where the ball is going or where you are on the pitch is irrelevant to the decision, with the only exception being if you score a goal immediately afterwards.

14 hours ago, Ric said:

Hilarious stupidity surrounding the penalty.

So the rules are that you can handle the ball in your box with complete impunity so long as you make sure you hit it with another part of your body first. Can't quite see why is even a rule, it's really fucking stupid.

Livi are awful, really, really awful. I know we can play much better and seen us do so, but Livi though... by god, imagine having to watch that car crash week in and out. If this is Martindale's "vision" for the club then perhaps it's becoming obvious why he wasn't in full control before.

12 hours ago, Ric said:

To you perhaps. To others who watched him effectively clear the ball from the line using his hand, it's certainly less clear.

To quote you.

12 hours ago, Ric said:

Deary me, what a state to get yourself into.

Self awareness much.

9 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

To quote you.

Self awareness much.

Yeah, you've got this arse over tit here. It's entirely right for people to question why, if your player stops a ball with their hand, in your penalty box (and in fact right in front of your goal), that isn't a penalty. However to describe people who do so as somehow "biased moon howlers" is the state that poster got themselves into.

The poster is well known for being very staunch regarding refereeing decisions, so the idea of them accusing others of moon howling bias is not only laughable, it may prompt a repeat of your reply, "Self awareness much". Something I would wager you may feel less gallus about now you realise the context.

Edited by Ric

10 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Maybe once, but repeating it and others doing the same kinda shows you've let it get to you.

Or, that I found it funny and continued to do so. Whatever mate. I've read enough people ripping us repeatedly for this being our "best side in 30 years" without thinking any of those posters had been gotten to. It's just the way this site works.