St Mirren v Livingston 20/11

No idea why Forrest is sitting on the bench and Montano starts, even worse that he was still sitting there after 65 mins.
Forrest has come on leaps and bounds this season so far.
Deserves to start every week for me.

Omeonga is another one I have been less than impressed with since he came in. Sibbs is better in my opinion.

12 minutes ago, LogieLivi said:

Forrest has come on leaps and bounds this season so far.
Deserves to start every week for me.

Omeonga is another one I have been less than impressed with since he came in. Sibbs is better in my opinion.

Think Omeonga has been decent, and Sibbs has been out injured for a while, so prob not fully fit yet. Agree Forrest should be starting though, instantly made a difference when he came on. Think Forrest, Bailey and Anderson are our best attacking players.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

21 minutes ago, Hendo said:

He was previously sacked from a club for match fixing so at least he fits the Livi profile of being a wrong 'un.

In November 2014, having been released from bail but with investigation still ongoing by the National Crime Agency, Montaño announced his intention to sue Oldham Athletic for unlawful dismissal and loss of earnings; this would be the remaining £39,000 of his £1,500 a week wages and compensation of £76,500.[36][30] The spot-fixing charges were dropped in January 2015.[37][38]

"I had got no club. I thought my life was over, all I know is football. Then I saw all the abuse I was getting on Twitter. How much people were talking. People wishing bad on me, saying, ‘I hope someone breaks your legs’. Other people were laughing at me and telling me I wouldn’t get back into football and wishing the worst on me. Listening to what people were saying about me on social media led to me thinking about taking my own life."

— Montaño was suicidal after facing possible financial ruin and the prospect of the criminal charges costing him his career, as well as turning friends and supporters against him.[39]

Are you actually fucking serious? The guy almost killed himself over it and the charges were dropped. He runs a mental health podcast encouraging men to talk about things like suicide and depression having went through it himself and having made plans to actually kill himself.

An all new low from you, you fucking rat. 

Edited by ATLIS

1 hour ago, ATLIS said:

In November 2014, having been released from bail but with investigation still ongoing by the National Crime Agency, Montaño announced his intention to sue Oldham Athletic for unlawful dismissal and loss of earnings; this would be the remaining £39,000 of his £1,500 a week wages and compensation of £76,500.[36][30] The spot-fixing charges were dropped in January 2015.[37][38]

"I had got no club. I thought my life was over, all I know is football. Then I saw all the abuse I was getting on Twitter. How much people were talking. People wishing bad on me, saying, ‘I hope someone breaks your legs’. Other people were laughing at me and telling me I wouldn’t get back into football and wishing the worst on me. Listening to what people were saying about me on social media led to me thinking about taking my own life."

— Montaño was suicidal after facing possible financial ruin and the prospect of the criminal charges costing him his career, as well as turning friends and supporters against him.[39]

Are you actually fucking serious? The guy almost killed himself over it and the charges were dropped. He runs a mental health podcast encouraging men to talk about things like suicide and depression having went through it himself and having made plans to actually kill himself.

An all new low from you, you fucking rat. 

I'm so sorry, I didn't realise he took Oldham to an employment tribunal, won, and was completely exonerated. I'm assuming you'll be able to post a link to an article showing this?

Amazing that the levels of constant mediocrity on display from ourselves sees us in 6th place after 14 games (albeit in the flimsiest of circumstances).

I'm amazed more questions aren't being asked of Goodwin. I can't remember a manager that I've thought has truly turned a corner on quite so many occasions.

Are we hard to beat? Yes. Are we hard to draw a performance out of? Equally, yes. The very definition of middling, which I suppose for a club like St. Mirren is perfectly fine. But f**k me, if I'm going to watch us just draw games, I'd rather they were containing a bit more quality than we've seen on show of late.

7 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Amazing that the levels of constant mediocrity on display from ourselves sees us in 6th place after 14 games (albeit in the flimsiest of circumstances).

I'm amazed more questions aren't being asked of Goodwin. I can't remember a manager that I've thought has truly turned a corner on quite so many occasions.

Are we hard to beat? Yes. Are we hard to draw a performance out of? Equally, yes. The very definition of middling, which I suppose for a club like St. Mirren is perfectly fine. But f**k me, if I'm going to watch us just draw games, I'd rather they were containing a bit more quality than we've seen on show of late.

Since Erhahon and Millar have been absent we haven't won a game.

We're set up far too defensively. We've been almost devoid of creativity in our last three games.

Erhahon blows hot and cold, but on his day he can create a goal out of nothing. Flynn runs about a lot, but creates very little. 

Millar plays high up the pitch, which pressurises the opposition defence and creates room for McGrath and Ronan allowing them to get on the ball.

It took us until the 61st minute yesterday to get a meaningful strike towards goal.

Finally, I see that Eeyore is spouting his usual negative shite. What a dismal individual he is.:lol:

Hilarious stupidity surrounding the penalty.

So the rules are that you can handle the ball in your box with complete impunity so long as you make sure you hit it with another part of your body first. Can't quite see why is even a rule, it's really fucking stupid.

Livi are awful, really, really awful. I know we can play much better and seen us do so, but Livi though... by god, imagine having to watch that car crash week in and out. If this is Martindale's "vision" for the club then perhaps it's becoming obvious why he wasn't in full control before.

1 hour ago, elvis said:

I would say in my opinion we are the worst team I have seen in the league this season and yes I have seen every game we have played. Our home Performances are shockingly bad f**k knows how we have managed to amass 16 points.

Shut up you utter melt. 

Boring and uncreative we certainly are but we're proven stuffy and hard to beat. You don't lose only 4 out of 14 by being the worst team in the league. 

Your stupidity continues to know no bounds.

1 hour ago, elvis said:

I would say in my opinion we are the worst team I have seen in the league this season and yes I have seen every game we have played. 

*waves*

52 minutes ago, Ric said:

So the rules are that you can handle the ball in your box with complete impunity so long as you make sure you hit it with another part of your body first. Can't quite see why is even a rule, it's really fucking stupid.

It's a rule because a handball has to be deliberate to be a handball, just as it has been for the entire time that football has existed. The rules on what is deliberate have become stricter over the last few years and if anything need to be relaxed even more. Clearly a downward header on to your own arm does not count as a deliberate handball.

6 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Clearly a downward header on to your own arm does not count as a deliberate handball.

To you perhaps. To others who watched him effectively clear the ball from the line using his hand, it's certainly less clear.

*waves*

I know there was a lot of talk in the summer about us trying to emulate St Johnstone. I was a bit surprised we tried to emulate your performance of a fortnight ago though…

2 hours ago, elvis said:

I would say in my opinion we are the worst team I have seen in the league this season and yes I have seen every game we have played. Our home Performances are shockingly bad f**k knows how we have managed to amass 16 points.

Nae offence pal, but you’ve been saying that since the day you were born.