St Mirren v Livingston 20/11

On 18/11/2021 at 16:48, Coventry Saint said:

To be fair I'd forgotten how good Livi's midfield was. Can someone bell Power, Ronan and McGrath and tell them not to bother turning up?

6 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Shame it's a moot point given the quality of the opposition. 🙁

21 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Plucky result for us against the league's best midfield. It's good for McGrath to get game time against talent like that: it'll only improve his overall game.

What a state to get yourself in :lol:

Pretty even game, though I would say we had the better chances. Both goals belied the terrible standard of football that was served up on the day. Very satisfying to get a late equaliser and being away from home as well, it felt more like a win than a draw. 

I would have been screaming for the penalty at the end and still raging now despite the comments from Goodwin/Sportscene pundits. Could easily have been given. Glad it wasn’t. See you later, St Murn.

7 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

Martin Daviddale says in his Sportscene interview that was a good game for the neutral. f**k me. If there were any neutrals at that game today I doubt they will ever go to a football game again, certainly not one involving Saints or Livi anyway.

Even I was sat thinking it was a shite game :D We turned up with shite negative tactics and for the first 70 minutes honestly looked happy with the point. Once we had to chase something we suddenly turned back into a good team. 

22 minutes ago, Troy.1995 said:

Yeh,just seen it again.Stonewaller my arse.In real time it looks like it but as has been said,correct call from the ref.Would have been an injustice to Livi who deserved their point.

I'm not convinced it hit his head first. 

2 minutes ago, Biscuits said:
18 minutes ago, Munoz said:

Me either. Looks like he missed his header and it hit his arm. All irrelevant now of course

The ref shat it. If it happened at Ibrox for the home team, I'm pretty sure there would have been a different outcome. 

As you said though, irrelevant. 

Just saw the highlights of the game. Two great goals to be fair.

In regards to the penalty shout. Absolute stonewaller IMO. The Livi player heads the ball off his outstretched arm and directs the ball away from a St Mirren player (number 4) just about to follow up on it at the back post.

If we had VAR it would have been given I reckon. (Not that I’m in favour of it)

37 minutes ago, Biscuits said:
54 minutes ago, Munoz said:

Me either. Looks like he missed his header and it hit his arm. All irrelevant now of course

It 100% does, Sportscene have a second angle where it's clear as day. Weird situation but ref has got it 100% correct.

33 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The laws of the game are very clear that if it strikes your arm directly after you deliberately play it with another part of your body then it is not a foul.

The position of other players is completely irrelevant to handball decisions.

The laws of the game are very clear………if you just lost at home to Arbroath you should pipe down 😂

2 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Plucky result for us against the league's best midfield. It's good for McGrath to get game time against talent like that: it'll only improve his overall game.

ATLIS's post never got to you at all, nope.

Usual tight game against St Mirren, where whoever scores first usually wins 1-0, only we only go and blast in an equaliser.

Felt the 2nd half was going St Mirren's way and their worldy was coming from all the possession they were having in our half, lost count of the games i've seen them score goals like that against us. Martindale waited far too long before making his substitutions, Forrest was only just warming up, he should've been on 10 minutes ago, to try and get us a grip of the game back in their half, however he did fire on 3 subs after going behind and it got us a draw. Thought here we go again as Alnwick made a few good saves, and that one that went out to Devlin, but what a shot back in for his goal.

Think a draw was fair enough in the end, was feeling a bit pissed off at Martindale waiting till we were a goal down before making his substitutions, but delighted when we scored and got the equaliser. 

1 minute ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

ATLIS's post never got to you at all, nope.

Usual tight game against St Mirren, where whoever scores first usually wins 1-0, only we only go and blast in an equaliser.

Nah just laughing at him the same way people did when a Saints fan described last seasons team as the best in a generation. Over exuberant pish 👍

Think a draw was fair enough in the end, was feeling a bit pissed off at Martindale waiting till we were a goal down before making his substitutions, but delighted when we scored and got the equaliser. 

Totally agree, a draw was absolutely the fair result.