St Mirren v Livingston 20/11

10 minutes ago, Torfason said:

Decent effort 😂 6/10

I thought St. Mirren were brutal. Unlucky not to get the penalty at the end but McGrath's goal was your only bit of quality during the roughly 70 minutes I caught.

We had a lot of nice play in the final third and should have had more than one goal.

Livi were utterly shite

St Mirren were utterly shite

The ref was utterly shite for all

A draw was probably a fair reflection. No idea why Martindale went with 5 at the back and Devlin at CB. 

I reckon we could’ve won that if we actually played 433 and not sat back wanting the draw for 70% of the game 

I thought St. Mirren were brutal. Unlucky not to get the penalty at the end but McGrath's goal was your only bit of quality during the roughly 70 minutes I caught.
We had a lot of nice play in the final third and should have had more than one goal.
You have to be at wind up. Both teams were utter shite

Pretty awful game, very disappointed that we blew another lead but we obviously should have had a chance to win it with the penalty shout at the end.

Focusing on positives: Tait was the best player on the park by far and McGrath’s goal was superb. I thought Flynn and Power played better together than usual. Dunne was good when he came on, that big through ball to Tanser was a peach.

That game would get football stopped. Absolutely brutal from both sides.

McGrath had been absolutely anonymous up until banging in a screamer.

I didn’t think Devlin had that kind of finish in his locker.

Alan Power the pick of the bunch for us from me. Decent performance. Everyone else was awful.

It’s a stonewall penalty, but there’s no way the performance deserved three points. We looked off the pace in the first half, happy to let Livi knock it about. When we had the ball, our passing was slow and inaccurate.

I imagine losing McCarthy through injury limited Goodwin’s options a bit, but our ‘poor’ run of form has coincided with Erhahon being injured - felt like he’d have been an ideal option in the second half, particularly if Brophy had ran out of steam.

Apart from the two excellent goals, that was eye bleedingly awful from both teams.

It would have been extremely harsh on Livingston if we'd won that game.

Watched Sportscene and looks as if the player headed the ball onto his arm, so not a penalty apparently.

However, Mcgrath's goal gets better and better each time you watch it.🥰

Edited by FTOF

9 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

Terrible game, and the number 11 for Livvy is probably the worst player I’ve seen in the top flight…

Montano hasn't been great at all. Looks his best when he plays at LW and we put long balls to him. Basically a wide target man I guess? I'd far rather we played Forrest ahead of him as he always causes teams problems 

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

Apart from the two excellent goals, that was eye bleedingly awful from both teams.

Stonewall penalty, but it would have been extremely harsh on Livingston if we'd won that game.

Interesting that even Goodwin has came out and said it was never a penalty. I thought it was but from a separate angle you can see he heads it onto his arm and can't do much about it at all.

End of the day.A share of the points probably the best outcome for both.Alnwick pulled of a couple of decent saves for Saints. Buddies will feel robbed of the chance to sneak it at the end.But overall Livi deserved their point on the balance of play over the 90 mins.Terrible game to watch,but there will be a few of these in the months to come.