St Mirren v Livingston 20/11

Our home form has been our main problem so far this term. We have the third best away record in the league, and the third worst home record. This is a good chance to even that up a little bit and keep that little cushion we have between us and the dogfight intact.
Win here and we could end the day in 5th. On the flip side, if Livi win they will go above us and we will slip to 9th.
There’s been 14 games between us and other top flight teams this season. 13 of them have either been a draw or decided by one goal. I expect another of those close games here, and none of the three possible outcomes would be a surprise. Hopefully we have Erhahon back from injury after his match winning performance in the last game between the sides. The first goal was vital in that game, and I think it will be again.
1-0 home win.

Edited by Lex

We've improved a good bit since we last met, and even then we were the better team but lacked that killer touch in front of goals. Bailey and Anderson have been on fine form in front of goal recently though, so looking forward to seeing if they can continue where they left off before the break.

Agree with the above post that it'll be tight, 1-0 or 2-1 Livi.

Yep, we're a far better team now compared to the last time we played. Bailey, Forrest and Anderson will cause some problems. Think Omeonga is back for this one too, possibly Sibbald as well. 

I'd imagine a midfield of Sibbald-Holt-Omegona has enough to dominate St Mirren's midfield. As long as we don't let Erhahon put his mark on the game we should be fine there. I'm hoping one of the LBs are back and fit too and not Kelly (despite him being okay lately). 

Only major worry for me is Obileye being out. Think we'll get a look at Parkes/Fitzwater as a partnership but Fitzwater has been immense this seasons and Parkes looks decent so far.

• Lex changed the title to St Mirren v Livingston 20/11
4 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

To be fair I'd forgotten how good Livi's midfield was. Can someone bell Power, Ronan and McGrath and tell them not to bother turning up?

Aye, I think I'll just stay in the house, no way we can live with them.

At least there's no criminality in there, which is progress (unless you count Sibbald's haircut).

7 hours ago, Hendo said:

Aye, I think I'll just stay in the house, no way we can live with them.

At least there's no criminality in there, which is progress (unless you count Sibbald's haircut).

He's had a lot of issue in the past with his hair and suffers from alopecia. So it's a bit of a shite comment to make given the circumstances.

“I’ve had a bit of stick but then when you tell people what’s caused it – you have alopecia – they're quite sympathetic.

Falkirk playmaker Craig Sibbald tackles hair condition hell by shaving it all off - Daily Record

Edited by ATLIS

Is the player who threw himself onto the ground, rolled about a bit, which meant he left the field, and when the ref didn't blow he intentionally moved back onto the pitch then continued to act like he'd been shot from the stand, going to be in the Livi team?

He was hilarious.

44 minutes ago, Ric said:

Is the player who threw himself onto the ground, rolled about a bit, which meant he left the field, and when the ref didn't blow he intentionally moved back onto the pitch then continued to act like he'd been shot from the stand, going to be in the Livi team?

He was hilarious.

f**k, I'd forgotten about that. And they were chasing a deficit at the time so he was only actually wasting their time. Absolute incredible scenes.

2 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

f**k, I'd forgotten about that. And they were chasing a deficit at the time so he was only actually wasting their time. Absolute incredible scenes.

I think he's turned out a decent player for them, which is disappointing, but his actions on that day were hilarious. I'm sure there will be video of it somewhere.

6 hours ago, ATLIS said:

He's had a lot of issue in the past with his hair and suffers from alopecia. So it's a bit of a shite comment to make given the circumstances.

“I’ve had a bit of stick but then when you tell people what’s caused it – you have alopecia – they're quite sympathetic.

Falkirk playmaker Craig Sibbald tackles hair condition hell by shaving it all off - Daily Record

Also gets mentioned in threads pretty often, sure it was even brought up in our last match thread against St Mirren. Hendo's hardly out the Livi thread as well, just a bit of an arsehole.

20 minutes ago, Ric said:

I think he's turned out a decent player for them, which is disappointing, but his actions on that day were hilarious. I'm sure there will be video of it somewhere.

Odin Bailey if I remember right, has definitely come good for us on the wing and looks like he could be an important player, especially if he can waste a bit of time (preferably when we're winning, though).

Think the international break came at the wrong time for us (along with the Hibs game getting postponed), started to pick up some good momentum but hopefully we'll have sorted out our fitness/injury problems that were bothering us at the start of the season and can continue the decent run we've started. I've been so consumed with Scotland since we last played that I'm not even 100% sure who we have available

Stryjek

Devlin  -  Fitzwater  -  Parkes  -  Kelly

Omeonga  -  Holt  -  Sibbald

Forrest  -  Anderson  -  Bailey

Could replace Kelly with Longridge but he's done quite well in our last few games so would be harsh to drop him IMO, as much as I'm still not convinced he's good enough to be a starter in this league, and he'll be the LCB when we unpredictably switch to a 3 at the back on 65 mins.

7 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Ah, must have missed that in my extensive notes on the medical histories of all Livi players.

1 hour ago, LiviLion said:

Also gets mentioned in threads pretty often, sure it was even brought up in our last match thread against St Mirren. Hendo's hardly out the Livi thread as well, just a bit of an arsehole.

I think you'll find my most recent interaction with the Livi fans on their thread was calling out misogyny and hypocritical attitudes in football, so not quite sure how that makes me the "arsehole"?

13 hours ago, Hendo said:

Ah, must have missed that in my extensive notes on the medical histories of all Livi players.

13 hours ago, Hendo said:

I think you'll find my most recent interaction with the Livi fans on their thread was calling out misogyny and hypocritical attitudes in football, so not quite sure how that makes me the "arsehole"?

The fact you couldn't just say sorry but you didn't know for the Sibbald comment pretty much shows you're an arsehole, yep.

Typically tight game today. I'm glad McGrath didn't play Ireland's second game as he looked knackered when he came back last time. Also hoping Millar and Erhahon are back in the XI.

Not sure how Dunne is getting on, but I'd be tempted to bring him in for McCarthy if fit.

My XI, assuming fitness all round:

Jak

Fraser Shaughnessy Dunne

Millar       Power Erhahon         Tanser

McGrath Ronan

Brophy

Hope the only change is Brophy for Main today. We were by far the better team against the Fakes and with a decent striker would have won it. Tait has recently shown he is the best RWB we have and Flynn's game intelligence works well with Power. 1-0 Home win.

8 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

The fact you couldn't just say sorry but you didn't know for the Sibbald comment pretty much shows you're an arsehole, yep.

Probably thinks he's being funny with his "wind-ups".

Revisionist history from him as well. Marvin Bartley had just been racially abused and he came onto the thread thinking it was a good time to bring up Bartley threatening a woman for a bit of balance. 

Horrible poster.