The Coffee Shop Thread

As a woke, man bag-carrying, podcast-listening, avocado toast-eating gentleman, I like a coffee shop.  For me - Project Coffee on Bruntsfield Place in Morningside (?) is my personal favourite closely followed by Velocity in Inverness.  What are your favourites?

As a woke, man bag-carrying, podcast-listening, avocado toast-eating gentleman, I like a coffee shop.  For me - Project Coffee on Bruntsfield Place in Morningside (?) is my personal favourite closely followed by Velocity in Inverness.  What are your favourites?
I like Rost in Larbert. Nice food and coffee, and never too bisy because of all the fuds who queue up for Tim Hortons instead.

I'm wary that the coffee aroma in Velocity might be overwhelmed by sweaty cyclists, but as the owner of a brand new and wonderful bean to cup machine, what do you think of the Inverness Coffee Roasting Company on Chapel Street?

Edited by welshbairn

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I'm wary that the coffee aroma in Velocity might be overwhelmed by sweaty cyclists, but as the owner of a brand new and wonderful bean to cup machine, what do you think of the Inverness Coffee Roasting Company on Chapel Street?

That's one place I haven't been to.  Another one I like is Cup & Cone in the Crown.

Blend in Paisley, Dean’s on Byres Road, Cafe des Fleurs in Dollar, Cafe Continental in Gourock, any number of good independents in the Haymarket area of Embra’. Another place that does a nice coffee (and home made scones) is the cafe at the Wallace Monument in Stirling. Not nasty touristy stuff, really nice home made scran’. A surprisingly good find… IMHO.

1 hour ago, Highland Capital said:

Project Coffee is really good. Modern Standard just a few hundred yards further down the road just pips it for me. There are actually too many good coffee shops in the area tbh.

1 hour ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

McDonald's

FWIW I think it's no bad.

Certainly better than the dross dished out by those costa machines popping up everywhere. Which, unless the pipes are cleaned every few minutes pump out something akin to yesterdays dishwater. Cheap too. Which is nice. 

1 hour ago, Highland Capital said:

I find the term “man bag” offensive. 

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I've not bought beans from them but they've got some good stuff. The Yirgacheffe is my go to one, plus whatever their monthly special is.

2 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

Another one I like is Cup & Cone in the Crown.

+1 for Cup & Cone. I think they use the Roasting Company coffee.

52 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Gordon St Coffee is lovely stuff.

I do enjoy the odd latte from Costa but since I've started to take my coffee black I can confirm Costa's coffee is bogging.

Costa is nothing special, but it spanks the pants off of Starbucks and Cafe Nero.

10 minutes ago, Paul Kersey said:

Costa is nothing special, but it spanks the pants off of Starbucks and Cafe Nero.

Costa sell more cups of coffee in the UK than anyone else (thanks in no small part to those Costa machines you see) so people clearly agree with this.

McDonald's is second on that list btw, which backs up what @UsedToGoToCentralPark said earlier.

FWIW I find both absolutely OK. Nothing special, but not offensive either.

Edited by Todd_is_God