Clyde v Fifers

If we had been offered 5 points from these three games then I'd not have been too unhappy. Given that we were behind in two of them, I think it's a decent return. A win against Peterhead (always easy at Broadwood) and we'll have done a decent job. There will only be three more league games to go after that until we can sign some players.

We had a fast start to the game where we could have netted early on. Then we started conceding possession easily (Love, Rumsby, Docherty, Cunningham, Goodwillie were all at it) and EF came back into the game. We had the great, almost unmissable chance for Love, but EF really should have take one of their opportunities, they definitely seemed to be unlucky not to get a spot-kick as well (the referee seemed to be suggesting it came off the upper part of his arm?).

The second half I thought we started okay but fell behind despite Parry making a great initial save. Tade made a massive difference but Splaine and Kennedy were excellent in that part of the match as well. Following his goal, Goodwillie was absolutely tremendous, and Cunningham obviously. No surprise to anyone that he impacted the game more in central areas. In the end, it was a thoroughly deserved win and in an enjoyable fashion.

Cuddihy had a strong game, I think he's shown now that he's a good right back in this league. I get the frustration at Splaine messing up his usual easy passes and Kennedy getting knocked off the ball, but I think there's still plenty of encouragement from those two and they certainly were better than their EF counterparts. I actually thought Kennedy was as good as anyone in a Clyde jersey today, showed some composure at times when others were having a nightmare and is much better when more central. I'm struggling to remember the last time that Ally Love played well but at least he isn't the "target man". I expect he'll score next week.

EF have a decent front pairing but are a pile of nothing apart from that. Collapsing like that against a team as limited as Clyde is embarrassing. If they're underachieving as a squad, it's solely because they're 10th rather than 9th. Childish directors, a childish manager and a childish player who couldn't keep his shin pads down his socks.

1 hour ago, TamClyde said:

In all seriousness can we appreciate that outstanding move from Goody to get past the defenders on the right side and then through to tade who missed the absolute sitter argh!! But tade is a gamechanger, just ashame he doesn't have 90 mins in him.

Have to agree that passage of play by Goodie was outstanding.  Don’t know he managed it 

Reality is Tade offers more in 10 mins that Jones does in 10 games 

5 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

I moan at Goodie for being selfish at times but he absolutely should've been there after that strength and skill. Would've been some goal.

I thought he should have passed to Cunningham.

East Fife were completely lacking in mid field yesterday.No real creativity and nobody to get the tackles in.We do miss players like Ross Davidson and Kieran miller.As usual when we got the chances we did not take them.I thought when we took the lead another player could go into midfield but that didn’t happen.Thought the game management and player performance were poor and should be a lo better.

When a decision goes against you it’s final and no matter how much you moan and act like a petulant child your not going to change the referees mind.

A complete waste of a Saturday afternoon for an East Fife fan.