Kelty Hearts -vs- Stenhousemuir

18 hours ago, Vimto90 said:

Yeah they do seem a nice tidy wee club that will be a good addition to the leagues. The money bags guy is giving up the injecting of cash after next season if what I was told after our Home encounter with them is true & it was a very reliable source.

By then they should be fairly established and will be job done I suppose.

There was always a plan to grow then take the foot off the gas a bit cash wise. We should be more than comfortable by that point.

I think that went as expected when we seen we had lost Nat and Tam to covid. No one to hold it in midfield or up front but the boys battled away and couldn't fault the effort.

We move on and let's get back on a run.

I was cautiously optimistic going into the game and thought we'd give Kelty Hearts a decent go but, as others have said, as soon as I learned Nat Wedderburn and Tam Orr were unavailable, I feared the worst. I thought we gave it a decent go but we were lacking in most departments, especially in midfield with a half-fit Ross Forbes and a half-fit Declan Hughes, and both goals came from errors in the centre of the pitch. Alfredo Agyeman's running caused us bother (and he'd be a smashing player if he had the finesse to go with his athleticism) and Michael Tidser, the game's star man, completely controlled things and there were times where we just couldn't get the ball from him.

We weren't fantastic. Nicky Jamieson was our best player and did his best to keep tabs on Agyeman, as well as bailing on Sean Crighton a number of times. Euan O'Reilly and Ross Lyon had a couple of neat exchanges on the left and Adam Brown worked hard in an unfamiliar role up front. We sent a couple of balls across the face of goal but Darren Jamieson went largely untested. I thought we started the second half well but Joe Cardle's goal five minutes in killed us and there was little chance we would come back from it. (Did my eyes deceive me or did Davie Wilson dive before the shot was struck? It appeared as though he was jumping out of the way of the ball.)

I don't want to be too hard on him because he wasn't at full fitness but Hughes was dreadful, unable to pass the ball coherently or keep up with opposition players as they ran past him. I was surprised to see him starting and even more surprised to see he was removed at the interval. I haven't seen anything from him to suggest he can cut it in the SPFL.

With Wedderburn and Orr out for the next 10 days, Mikey Miller substituted with an injury and doubts over the fitness of Forbes, I think we're on a hiding to nothing against Airdrieonians next weekend. I think we'll just have to batten down the hatches for the time being and regroup for the game with Stranraer at the end of the month.

From where I was it looked like Wilson dived in the wrong direction of the shot. I thought my eyes were deceiving me but maybe not. No idea what was going on in his head.

Maybe good that we have a cup game next week as it will give us a chance to get some of the players missing today back for the league games.

There's been a few threads on bovril questioning Kelty's standing in League 2, so it was good to get the 3 points in a fairly comfortable manner. I can sympathisewith Stenny though as Kelty had problems with covid earlier in the season and it is disruptive. I wish them well in next week's tie against Airdrie.

Good 3 points today for Kelty , shame Stenny had couple of players missing but it is what it is the now for most teams 

Good to see Philp & Ageyman starting , Black has also been some signing rarely puts a foot wrong, Barron was excellent but for me Tidser looked like he had half an hour on the ball every time he got it just class 

Two good goals and a fine win 

Big lad at back for Stenny is it Jamieson ? Played really well handling Agyeman well which must be a nightmare 

45 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Quick question for Kelty fans - why was Alfredo Agyeman preferred up front to Nathan Austin at the weekend?

Deserved a start after some good sub performances and Austin been off it last couple of weeks so at least KT no bothered about mixing it up a bit 

He seems a bit brainless but certainly has the raw attributes to do well at this level. Was well marshalled by Jamieson but can imagine him having a field day against most centre backs in this league surrounded by the quality he is at Kelty.

4 hours ago, Neilly said:

He seems a bit brainless but certainly has the raw attributes to do well at this level. Was well marshalled by Jamieson but can imagine him having a field day against most centre backs in this league surrounded by the quality he is at Kelty.

Brainless is a bit harsh! He can certainly improve his positional sense and final product but he's young and has plenty of time to learn.

Edited by leomessi1984

4 hours ago, leomessi1984 said:

Brainless is a bit harsh! He can certainly improve his positional sense and final product but he's young and has plenty of time to learn.

Agreed! Young, hungry for a chance and with the correct development under KT and his coaching staff he is a valuable asset for the future!