Che Adams Appreciation Thread

Lyle Lanley

I said this a while back and people disagreed with me. Che adams is better at holding the ball up than dykes. When we have dykes up front then we are prone to throwing high balls up to him. With adams as the main striker then we are able to play two attacking midfielders which means we have a bit more width and keep the ball on the deck. It also means mcginn gets forward more where he is more dangerous. I hope he sticks with it.

I'm not sure that's fair tbh. It's far easier to hold the ball when it's played into feet but as you say, when Dykes is up there we seem to play it up high so he has to try and control it from the air before he has the chance to hold it.

It's frustrating to see tbh as I've watched the boy enough to know he's more than capable of holding it and bringing players in.

I think it's probably true to say if we go with a lone striker then a shorter pacey guy like Adams suit our style better. I don't think that necessarily means Adams is better at holding the ball up though.

Indeed.
I loved McCoist’s “he looks on to me, but he’s going to isn’t he” [emoji23]

My pal last night said how it’s funny that Scotland games on the telly seem bearable now McCoists replaced Provan.

It’s definitely helped.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

I'm not sure that's fair tbh. It's far easier to hold the ball when it's played into feet but as you say, when Dykes is up there we seem to play it up high so he has to try and control it from the air before he has the chance to hold it.

It's frustrating to see tbh as I've watched the boy enough to know he's more than capable of holding it and bringing players in.

I think it's probably true to say if we go with a lone striker then a shorter pacey guy like Adams suit our style better. I don't think that necessarily means Adams is better at holding the ball up though.

Both can do it, but Adams link up play is far better than Dykes - he is just technically better than him. 

Dykes obviously offers things that Adams can’t though, and has done very well for us. 

It's a dilemma for Clarke because him and dykes are similar but different if that makes sense. Neither is a natural poacher and neither is going to back a hat trick but both put in hard working displays and create their own chances. Adams us definetly the more refined of the 2 but Dykes is a bigger nuisance a modern Kenny Miller if you like. 

I'd like to see both tried with a different strike partner like nesbit or brown to see if that would work. 

My pal last night said how it’s funny that Scotland games on the telly seem bearable now McCoists replaced Provan.

It’s definitely helped.

100% this

McCoist makes you tend to forget what a moaning faced b*****d Provan was. He would have sucked the life out of that game last night

It's been a very pleasant flashback to have McCoist on commentary duties. Easy to forget that he was one of the better sports personalities on the TV before he Rangersed back up. Glad to see he got it out of his system while bedding down the hydrangeas and is back to being smart and witty. I can't think of a better analyst, off the top of my head. Hopefully this is a permanent thing for Scotland games; he even takes the curse off Crocker.

It's been a very pleasant flashback to have McCoist on commentary duties. Easy to forget that he was one of the better sports personalities on the TV before he Rangersed back up. Glad to see he got it out of his system while bedding down the hydrangeas and is back to being smart and witty. I can't think of a better analyst, off the top of my head. Hopefully this is a permanent thing for Scotland games; he even takes the curse off Crocker.

My previous take on McCoist was that he was generally a poor analyst in that he tended to tell you what was blindingly obvious in any case. Have to say I’ve enjoyed him more of late though.

19 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

McCoist sounded like he hadn't stopped drinking and singing since Friday night.

There was an alarming moment at the start when the coverage switched to the commentary box, and McCoist sounded more hoarse than Trigger. Thought they've have to sterilise his upper respiratory tract at half-time.

He'd possibly been trying that himself with medicinal alcohol, right enough.

28 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

My previous take on McCoist was that he was generally a poor analyst in that he tended to tell you what was blindingly obvious in any case. Have to say I’ve enjoyed him more of late though.

He had a fair bit of spare time to practice.

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Why do we have so many rides in the squad at the moment?

Most sensible thing I've seen you write on this forum.

Absolutes rides to a man. I'd like Grant Hanley to cradle me.....for instance. 

On 24/10/2021 at 11:52, RobbieD said:

However, if we go to a player and ask them if they want to play and the answer isn’t yes, they can play somewhere else. I don’t want players coming back when they accept they aren’t good enough for others.  And to be honest, I’ll never warm to Che Adams for that exact reason. Others too.

5 hours ago, RobbieD said:

😂 look at the state of this

I know, right.

You should probably keep crying about it mate 😂 it worries me that some random on a forum is living in your head rent free. There’s more important things to worry about in life than opinions on international call ups. 

All the best to ya though