Clydebank v clyde

passbackdave

2 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Lol thats the point, we have a 33% chance  of lowland league football if we win the league and beat the eosfl and sosfl champions, then a 33% chance of promotion to the spfl with a three way play off. Utter nonsense. 

Decisions made purely in short-term, self preservation. The leagues will sort themselves out eventually but it should be much quicker.

Well done to the Bankies. You didn't just out fight us or "want it more", you out played us in the second half too.

As for Clyde, complete and utter shambles doesn't even cover it. The worst bit is that it wasn't even that surprising. Time to go Danny.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

8 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

Four or five? That bad?

EVERY set piece. A common theme for our season, accentuated by the fact we don't ever score from them ourselves.

That's not to claim they didn't do anything from open play. Second half they took the handbrake off and ran over the top of us.

Well done to the Bankies on taking their second league club scalp - a terrific result today and no mistake.  And fair play to many of the Bully Wee fans on here who have been honest and gracious in a defeat that must have been hard to take.

However, that's cup football for you and you can't make simple extrapolations on league status based on one-off ties.  The Bankies played a struggling Clyde side, Talbot defeated a flatlining Accies team and Banks O'Dee overcame managerless, bottom-of-the-league ten-man East Fife.  And we came within three minutes of a risky trip to Sauchie.  The magic of the Scottish Cup. 

1 minute ago, David W said:

EVERY set piece. A common theme for our season, accentuated by the fact we don't ever score from them ourselves.

That's not to claim they didn't do anything from open play. Second half they took the handbrake off and ran over the top of us.

Sounds grim for Bully Wee.

2 minutes ago, Jaggy Snake said:

Well done the Bankies. You didn't just out fight us or "want it more", you out played us in the second half too.

As for Clyde, complete and utter shambles doesn't even cover it. The worst bit is that it wasn't even that surprising. Time to go Danny.

I was surprised at how poor you appeared to be today, even with us playing out of our skins. The second half you’d have been as well just staying in the dressing room. Was as one sided a half of football as I’ve seen in a long time.

Congratulations to Clydebank, thoroughly deserved winners and hope they land the big fish in the next round.

As for Clyde, that’s it for me I’m afraid until there’s significant change. The same mistakes every time, can’t defend set pieces, conceding before HT and Heaven knows what was said at the break because we didn’t get out of our half.

We have dominated one game this season I fancy - Broomhill - and we lost it! There are questions about the recruitment and where responsibility lies but even notwithstanding that, the tactical mistakes we make now mean there is no defence for Lennon’s tenure.

We may be through the looking glass in terms of this season, but we can’t help give a new manager a try at least.

4 minutes ago, the snudge said:

This is probably the upset of the cup so far. Massively well done to our Dunbartonshire neighbours! Hopefully you get a huge draw 

Is it really that much of a shock?

I had a wee chuckle when I heard the score but it was hardly a massive shock. 

A little more than Auchinleck but not much. 

10 minutes ago, the snudge said:

This is probably the upset of the cup so far. Massively well done to our Dunbartonshire neighbours! Hopefully you get a huge draw 

8 minutes ago, BC63 said:
10 minutes ago, the snudge said:

Talbot win v Hamilton. They were in the premiership 6 months ago.

Both were surprises, but not the kind of massive shock you’d expect when a team eliminates a club three or four tiers below. Accies are in freefall right now, and Clyde are an absolute shambles.

Not to say they aren’t fantastic results for both Clydebank and Talbot, but it’s not the level of shock it would be if, for example, Sauchie had beaten Dumbarton today.

But congratulations to both, hope you both get great draws (especially the Bankies as my local team).