Clydebank v clyde

passbackdave

Despite the fact we’ve been pish most of this season, we should be more than good enough to see off Clydebank by a couple of goals at least. That said, it’ll not be an easy game and if Clydebank score first it’ll be a very nervy game for us.

Clydebank 1-4 Clyde. We won’t keep a clean sheet but Goodie will see us Awryt.

4 minutes ago, Greenmachine said:

Clyde fans seem pretty confident that they’re going to win by a few goals?

I’m certainly not. We’re playing better than we have for a wee while but we’re still pretty limited. It’ll be a tough atmosphere against a team that will fancy it, I’d be happy to just get out of there into the next round tbh.

Whilst I could forgive a Clyde fan for thinking Goodwillie might get through the Clydebank defence, I would think there’s a pretty likely chance that Little, McGonigle etc could get through ours as well. 

I don’t think this will be a comfortable game for us.

Luckily enough got a ticket for this one. Really looking forward to it - will be a great atmosphere from both sets of fans. 

I've got a feeling the game will be similar to when we played bonnyrigg nearly 2 years ago - Great atmosphere, frustrating game with a scrappy 1-0 win. 

Mon the bully. Is the surface at holm park astro??

17 minutes ago, TamClyde said:

Luckily enough got a ticket for this one. Really looking forward to it - will be a great atmosphere from both sets of fans. 

I've got a feeling the game will be similar to when we played bonnyrigg nearly 2 years ago - Great atmosphere, frustrating game with a scrappy 1-0 win. 

Yes,it’s a good Astro pitch

24 minutes ago, TamClyde said:

I was going to post the same. The Astro will suit us rather than BR’s deluge we scraped through that time.

We have a dreadful record in the cup vs lower level sides, at least Clydebank is south of Perth. 

5 hours ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

I was going to post the same. The Astro will suit us rather than BR’s deluge we scraped through that time.

We have a dreadful record in the cup vs lower level sides, at least Clydebank is south of Perth. 

The thought of that tattie fiedl at bonnyrigg is giving me PTSD 🤢

Not sure where all our fans opitimism is coming from to be honest. Weve had a dreadful start to the season losing a minimum of 2-3 goals per game/every game until 3 weeks ago...

Watched bankies at H to Elgin and was very impressed with their 2nd half showing and this will be a tie we have all to lose amd nothing to win...

Shame game couldnt have been moved to Dumbarton for example to get bigger crowd in for both teams but on same breath happy game is somewhere different and add's some excitement to the tie..

Dont usually do predictions but i.ll go for 1-1 and replay on Sky 70k each. Thank you very much😉🇾🇪

24 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Not sure where all our fans opitimism is coming from to be honest. Weve had a dreadful start to the season losing a minimum of 2-3 goals per game/every game until 3 weeks ago...

Watched bankies at H to Elgin and was very impressed with their 2nd half showing and this will be a tie we have all to lose amd nothing to win...

Shame game couldnt have been moved to Dumbarton for example to get bigger crowd in for both teams but on same breath happy game is somewhere different and add's some excitement to the tie..

Dont usually do predictions but i.ll go for 1-1 and replay on Sky 70k each. Thank you very much😉🇾🇪

Would be brilliant for both clubs if this happened and then we win replay lol.  Both clubs have things in common tbh  we both "hate the jags and hate airdrie" 

Mon the papers  

As I’ve said before on the Elgin match thread, my dad was a Clydebank diehard in his heyday but started watching Clyde after moving to Cumbernauld (with my brother and I getting into football around the time Clydebank were having a terrible old time of it). As such, the Bankies have always been my 2nd team.

He has a ticket for the Clyde end (don’t lynch him pls, we were in the Clydebank end for the Elgin game) and my uncle (his brother) has a ticket for the Clydebank end. Will there be enforced segregation in place or will they be able to stand together?

Edited by Scott-Replay

59 minutes ago, Scott-Replay said:

As I’ve said before on the Elgin match thread, my dad was a Clydebank diehard in his heyday but started watching Clyde after moving to Cumbernauld (with my brother and I getting into football around the time Clydebank were having a terrible old time of it). As such, the Bankies have always been my 2nd team.

He has a ticket for the Clyde end (don’t lynch him pls, we were in the Clydebank end for the Elgin game) and my uncle (his brother) has a ticket for the Clydebank end. Will there be enforced segregation in place or will they be able to stand together?

No segregation but think our board would prefer if clyde fans enter the ground goto the roadside (right side) and stand behind there teams dugout (far end) 

Mon the papers

4 minutes ago, passbackdave said:

No segregation but think our board would prefer if clyde fans enter the ground goto the roadside (right side) and stand behind there teams dugout (far end) 

Mon the papers

Many thanks. Looking forward already to fighting for a space in the car park at Farmfoods!