Underwhelming Superpowers

BFTD

2 hours ago, scottsdad said:

The ability to predict lottery numbers, but this only happens in the few minutes between the ticket machines shutting down and the draw taking place. 

That's too easy.  I predict it will be 6 numbers  all between 1 and 59 inclusive, and none of them repeating.

What sort of superpower is that?

19 hours ago, oaksoft said:

I'd like the ability to switch in and out of an alternative universe where other people don't exist.

Then I could go shopping without queues.

Drive to town without idiots trying to rear mount my car.

Walk my dogs (and this is my particular bugbear) without c***s letting their dogs off the leads while they f**k about 200 metres away glued to the phones.

Sit in my garden without having to listen to someone else's radio, or them chatting or some utter bellend revving the shit out of their car a mile away.

What is it with people who cannot exist for more than 3 seconds without making their presence known?

Any tips for avoiding constant interruptions from other people while I wait on that power being bestowed upon me will be warmly received. 😀

If you hadn't retired so early maybe you could afford a house further away others.

13 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Just heard that @oaksoft's neighbours have started a GoFundMe to support his work on travelling to another universe.

Nothing listed about the ability to travel back, though.

I don't see what all the fuss is about.  You simply use a matter to energy transporter beam in the middle of a planet wide ion storm.   Job done.

Failing that there are several episodes of DS9 that make it look like child's play.

Where there is a will there is a way.

14 hours ago, scottsdad said:

Just heard that @oaksoft's neighbours have started a GoFundMe to support his work on travelling to another universe.

Nothing listed about the ability to travel back, though.

Give it enough time and we'll all have topped ourselves so he can have the world to himself.

Twilight Zone-style ending where he spends all his time posting at bots on the internet about wanting to be alone.

Actually I have totally changed my mind on this.  We should help Oaksoft as much as possible.

I have been researching this more - become something of an expert actually.

Anyway, because of conservation of matter or equivalence or something like that, every time Oaksoft goes to that other universe, his Doppelganger (thanks Spellchecker) from that universe will come here.

Also because of sciency stuff, if Oaksoft hates people then it is almost certain his Doppelganger will actually love people.  "Queues, traffic, noise - that's just life, m8".

I think it could be great for everyone- including Oaksoft.

We need to get to work on this. Oh dear, I am beginning to sound like Oaksoft.