Cumnock part company with management team

Why would Hendo want to leave Hurlford for a club that demands instant success. The Cumnock job is a poison chalice because their committe and fans are more interest in what is going on next door rather than giving a manager a couple of seasons to steady the ship. It's time that they swallowed the fact that they are no longer a big club.

14 hours ago, Blackie Gold said:

Why would Hendo want to leave Hurlford for a club that demands instant success. The Cumnock job is a poison chalice because their committe and fans are more interest in what is going on next door rather than giving a manager a couple of seasons to steady the ship. It's time that they swallowed the fact that they are no longer a big club.

He’s had more than 2 years and in that time we haven’t improved. Of course we want to challenge our biggest rivals more regularly.

To answer your question about why Henderson would want to go to Cumnock, there’s a tremendous setup, second to none,  a huge potential fan base , fantastic social club. and Cumnock is the up and coming town in Scotland, but you should know all this. You live there.

3 hours ago, bigecumnock said:

He’s had more than 2 years and in that time we haven’t improved. Of course we want to challenge our biggest rivals more regularly.

To answer your question about why Henderson would want to go to Cumnock, there’s a tremendous setup, second to none,  a huge potential fan base , fantastic social club. and Cumnock is the up and coming town in Scotland, but you should know all this. You live there.

Explain up and coming town in Scotland ? 

Plenty of teams have potential but you have to know how to fulfill it and judging by the number of false dawns in the last couple of decades Cumnock clearly don't.

Having said that they've been sharp enough in getting their licence and have good modern facilities in place so the foundations appear to be there. They could probably kick on with the right appointment. 

9 hours ago, bigecumnock said:

Correct! After hearing Cumnock was to be the up and coming town in Scotland I was in there like flint. Live music outside Farmfoods, the War of the Worlds film set in Townhead Street, the only town in Scotland that double yellow lines mean you have to park on them and the only place where the police break up a disorderly mob by waving a working jacket at them. Best move I ever made.

3 hours ago, Blackie Gold said:

Correct! After hearing Cumnock was to be the up and coming town in Scotland I was in there like flint. Live music outside Farmfoods, the War of the Worlds film set in Townhead Street, the only town in Scotland that double yellow lines mean you have to park on them and the only place where the police break up a disorderly mob by waving a working jacket at them. Best move I ever made.

I don’t see a “for sale “ sign outside your house.

18 minutes ago, Lurcer said:

Cumnock has some of the highest levels of deprivation in Scotland with high levels of child poverty in particular. The smart alec comments on here in an attempt to point score in the name of banter does no one any favours. 

I'm as much of an insufferable lefty handwringer as the next person but gie's peace.