Raith Rovers v Greenock Morton

I thought we started awfully for the first 15 minutes, but as has been mentioned, Morton sat too deep, too early, and once we got level at half time I fancied us to get a winner. 

Ross must've been close to being off but it was an excellent finish. 

We could have had two or three more but for good goalkeeping and goal line clearances but as usual it was tense until the final whistle. 

Great 3 points though. 

Best players for us were Spencer and Varian. 

Said at half time that this game might define us. Draw or slip to a loss and it’s usual Rovers. Grind out the win and we might, just might, be title contenders. Still a long way to go of course but today gives me hope. We have quality all over the pitch. Particularly impressed with Varian today. Relentless running and pressurising defenders. Ethan Ross too. What a goal. Clearly loves being at the Rovers. 

The fact that we can start very poorly and still recover to pick up three points is a sign of a very, very good team.  Some league table to look at tonight. 

6 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Said at half time that this game might define us. Draw or slip to a loss and it’s usual Rovers. Grind out the win and we might, just might, be title contenders. Still a long way to go of course but today gives me hope. We have quality all over the pitch. Particularly impressed with Varian today. Relentless running and pressurising defenders. Ethan Ross too. What a goal. Clearly loves being at the Rovers. 

The fact that we can start very poorly and still recover to pick up three points is a sign of a very, very good team.  Some league table to look at tonight. 

One small thing I’ve noticed this season is we don’t seem so prone to “having our excuses in.” When things don’t go our way we seem to just get on with it.

Edited by Enigma

3 minutes ago, Enigma said:

One small thing I’ve noticed this season is we don’t seem so prone to “having our excuses in.” When things don’t go our way we seem to just get on with it.

Incredible character from this team. Manage to confound our expectations pretty much every time. The quality and character in the squad is phenomenal 

14 minutes ago, TxRover said:

I do think someone will come calling in January with a lowball offer for Ross, and I certainly hope we tell them to piss-off!

He's on a three year deal. There's not a chance we'll accept an offer for him in January unless somebody is paying top dollar for him. 

28 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Varian had pretty much as good a game as you can hope from a forward without them getting a goal. The Morton back line lost out on more high balls than they won today. He was an utter nuisance up top and I'll be delighted if he carries on in that form. The referees over the last few weeks have been a bit more lenient with centre halves and forwards going up for headers. 

The best bit for me is that we seem to have a robust team who can both grind out wins but also turn on the style when it clicks. We've had utterly forgettable wins against Morton away and Ayr away. We've had games like Killie away where we've smashed and grabbed. Both the games against Partick and Arbroath at Starks could've been more comfortable but we saw them out. 

Those next two league games could be absolutely mammoth. 

We now essentially have three of the four hardest fixtures in the league one after the other, after the Falkirk cup game, which will take us up to December 18th, plus Inverness away in the diddy cup thrown in there, as well. If we can take six or seven points from those three league games we will be in a very, very strong position. 

The championship is as shit as I’ve seen it for the last decade, and probably as shit as it’s likely to be for the next decade. There has literally never been a better chance to win the league. A few additions in January and there is no reason why we can’t go for it. I wouldn’t bet against McGlynn to pull it off. 

4 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

We now essentially have three of the four hardest fixtures in the league one after the other, after the Falkirk cup game, which will take us up to December 18th, plus Inverness away in the diddy cup thrown in there, as well. If we can take six or seven points from those three league games we will be in a very, very strong position. 

The championship is as shit as I’ve seen it for the last decade, and probably as shit as it’s likely to be for the next decade. There has literally never been a better chance to win the league. A few additions in January and there is no reason why we can’t go for it. I wouldn’t bet against McGlynn to pull it off. 

I'm still largely in denial at even the possibility that we might be part of a title race.

1 hour ago, Enigma said:

I didn’t hear it. A shame as there was a bona fide sex offender on the pitch this afternoon.

f**k all singing today. This is the issue when the PC mob get involved. They don’t sing much. Maybe the PC lads could step in and sing instead of the young team?

1 hour ago, renton said:

I'm still largely in denial at even the possibility that we might be part of a title race.

Let’s wait until Christmas, but look at how few games we’ve lost so far. I want another head to head with Killie. I hope it happens.

3 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

He's on a three year deal. There's not a chance we'll accept an offer for him in January unless somebody is paying top dollar for him. 

So one hopes, but there is always the Raith way…

1 minute ago, Been going too long said:

Yeah on current form we will do well to keep him till the summer, he looks happy thou

Agree, I’d like to keep him for next year in the Premiership, but if he keeps playing time like that, an offer of some real money from down south isn’t out of the question next summer.