Raith Rovers v Greenock Morton

He may well be intelligent at holding up the ball and playing in others but his strike rate isn't exactly prolific.

It doesn’t need to be. It’s not what our entire game plan is based on. It’s based on goals from all over the park and he’s fucking brilliant at bringing others into play.

Depressing stuff as we have no creativity in the team. 

What's happened to Jacobs?  I can't recall him actually passing it to another Morton player in the game and was rightly subbed.

Allen is a man down right away. Again created nothing

Reilly has been very disappointing. I know he was out for a while but he's just not at the races in games.

We need to get up the table before Xmas or we're right in the relegation mire

50 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Morton might want to put someone on Brad Spencer. Absolutely everything we do begins with him and he's under absolutely no pressure. 

Everyone in the away end could see this. The fuckwit in the dugout, not so much.

As with last week, this is a game we'd realistically expect to lose but the way MacPherson has gone about losing it makes it another reason to sack him. Subs 20 minutes too late and wrong when they came, not seeing the obvious flaws which Raith had been exploiting for a long time.

I actually think Alex King has looked decent in his appearances, but there's a time and place to fling a 17 year old into first team football and doing it in these situations while Reece Lyon is sat on his arse just suggests MacPherson is treating competitive games as training exercise. His attitude is contemptible.

23 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

We need to get up the table before Xmas or we're right in the relegation mire

We'll be down there regardless. The only question is do we give ourselves a credible chance by emptying the slaphead, incompetent manager, or get cut adrift. 

Deserved home win, although Raith made hard work of it even after the red card. We are simply far too open with this Mike Bassett, flat 4-4-2 nonsense and cannot defend cross balls to save ourselves. 

1 hour ago, RRFC1989 said:

Couldn’t disagree more. I used to be one of his biggest fans but I think he’s been really poor this season. He struggles to more than the very basic.

Yep agree with this, to a certain degree, got himself in some good positions and caused Morton a few problems but easily dealt with, also I felt his passing and general ball delivery was piss poor today. That said I'd gladly have him at Rovers until the end of the season, unfortunately I think he will get splinters in his arse at Hibs from Jan

I always felt we'd get a second goal. We really should've put that game to bed and it could've easily finished 2-2 with that chance towards the end when a simple tap in was put wide by Morton. Berra and Poplatnik had chances which we could've easily finished. Both goals from us were typical McGlynnball finishes though. Once again, Ethan Ross looks like he'll be a stand out performer from us. To be joint top of the league at the end of November is particularly pleasing - Connolly with another goal today too. 

Comfortable win, without being at our best, varian really does work hard for the team, seen a lot of comments from Morton fans saying how bad they are and thought they can’t be that bad, they really are and don’t look like they have a goal in them, first time seeing big Gozie in the flesh, some size of a boy 

2 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

It doesn’t need to be. It’s not what our entire game plan is based on. It’s based on goals from all over the park and he’s fucking brilliant at bringing others into play.

You've obviously written part of the script for The Messiah's post match interview.👍😊