Doonhamers vs. Caley Jags

Could AJ go into this game with the same team for a third game. I feel Roy would be a better option than Connelly out wide as I don't think this system suit him. As I said last week  I would replace Liddle with Todd. I would like to see Connelly in the team but I don't know where AJ could fit him in.

Edited by Manwithnoball

27 minutes ago, Manwithnoball said:

Could AJ go into this game with the same team for a third game. I feel Roy would be a better option than Connelly out wide as I don't think this system suit him. As I said last week  I would replace Liddle with Todd. 

The 4-1-4-1 has seen an improvement in the past couples of games so I can't see AJ changing the shape much if at all.  I'd be tempted to play Connelly & Max in the middle with Roy or Todd on the left and Paton on the right.

Brynn

Gibson / McKay / Debayo / Nditi

McGrory

Paton / Johnston / Connelly / Todd or Roy

Cameron

Edited by Slipmat

20 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I don't mind Leanne Crichton (in a pundit sense anyway) at least she sounds like she knows a bit about the teams.

Have to agree with you there. Whenever I listen to Leanne on the radio or TV she usually talks more sense than the male pundits watching the same game. At least she appears to actually analyse what she has just seen, rather than trot out the worn out clichés and banter based guff that the males churn out.

20 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

Based on recent performances ICT must be a certain home win with the game over as soon as QoS realise they need to man mark Gardyne.

Dear Mr Johnston, please take note of the above. Thank you.

41 minutes ago, sophia said:

With it being midway between the euphoria of Monday and the prospect of Friday and night-time being the right time once again.

I can hardly wait.

Is it correct to assume that this urgency is ubiquitous?

Trying to hang on to Monday nights euphoria as long as I can, so trying to avoid thinking about Friday night as long as possible really.

36 minutes ago, queenslad said:

Is anyone able to tell me which section of the Alpha Solway stand will be open for Home Supporters?

Is it just me that still thinks of the ground only in terms of the old stand, the new stand where the cooshed used to be, the home terracing and the Terregles Street end?  I realise the club benefit from the sponsorship income but I find it all the stand naming a bit cringeworthy to be honest.

Incidentally, the club fan guide on the OS still refers to the Gates Power Transmission and Rosefield Salvage Stands on the aerial photo.  Maybe it's time to get that updated to avoid confusion for neutrals, groundhoppers or away fans unfamiliar with the ground?

40 minutes ago, the_palmy_pie said:

You’ll not struggle for a seat ffs. 

My reason for asking is on the match preview it says ' With the new dugouts now in place a section of the Alpha Solway stand is again open to home supporters, along with the West section of the BDS and the Terracing.'

To me that means the whole stand is not open but only 'a section' in the Old Stand

Edited by queenslad

31 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

Is it just me that still thinks of the ground only in terms of the old stand, the new stand where the cooshed used to be, the home terracing and the Terregles Street end?  I realise the club benefit from the sponsorship income but I find it all the stand naming a bit cringeworthy to be honest.

Incidentally, the club fan guide on the OS still refers to the Gates Power Transmission and Rosefield Salvage Stands on the aerial photo.  Maybe it's time to get that updated to avoid confusion for neutrals, groundhoppers or away fans unfamiliar with the ground?

The fan guide is well out of date. The link shouldnt be there

Edited by Homer Thompson

1 hour ago, Slipmat said:

100% this.

I think referring to a part of the ground by its sponsored name should carry a custodial sentence.

33 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

100% this.

I think referring to a part of the ground by its sponsored name should carry a custodial sentence.

It's particularly ironic and increases the cringe factor when you discover that the BDS Digital Stand has a cash only ticket office.  Surely in that case it would be more accurate to refer to it as the BDS Analogue Stand to avoid a breach of trade description?  Or ideally, just leave it as the New Stand...

Edited by Slipmat

2 hours ago, queenslad said:

My reason for asking is on the match preview it says ' With the new dugouts now in place a section of the Alpha Solway stand is again open to home supporters, along with the West section of the BDS and the Terracing.'

To me that means the whole stand is not open but only 'a section' in the Old Stand

Its all open as far as I know. It certainly was v Raith. That section of the preview should be reworded. At one point we were working on a plan to get it partially open by moving the Red Zone sub area to the extreme ends of Section 1 and Section 4 instead of the front but the new dugouts arrived before we had to instigate it. I assume the wording references that original intent. 

10 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Its all open as far as I know. It certainly was v Raith. That section of the preview should be reworded. At one point we were working on a plan to get it partially open by moving the Red Zone sub area to the extreme ends of Section 1 and Section 4 instead of the front but the new dugouts arrived before we had to instigate it. I assume the wording references that original intent. 

I was wondering if you were ever going to appear on the thread Drifter.

12 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

100% this.

Correct, but in the present Scottish Football financial climate it's become a fact of life nowadays that clubs have to bend over and spread their cheeks for a no lube.

Edited by SandyCromarty

Correct, but in the present Scottish Football financial climate it's become a fact of life nowadays that clubs have to bend over and spread their cheeks for a no lube.

It's a no-brainer for clubs if companies want to spend money on renaming their ground.

I have no idea what Hamilton's ground is officially called and I'm not 100% sure on Alloa's (is it still the Indodrill(sp?)). They're New Douglas Park and Recreation Park respectively, to me. If someone was to rename Palmerston and pay the club money for doing so, I really wouldn't care. I and every other Scottish football fan would still call it Palmerston.

It's not the clubs bending over, it's the companies being taken for a ride. I'm all for it.