Doonhamers vs. Caley Jags

I was in the pub so they didn’t have the sound in. Why did they keep showing the The Caley supporters?  Presumably they were trying to emphasise that there wasn’t half as many there as there would be if the game was being played 20 hours later?

Johnston should just focus his entire career on getting teams promoted from League One. He’s obviously very good at that but struggles with anything beyond it.

McGregor best player on the park. The free movement he had along with Doran worked well in creating attacks. Though not much came off for Doran last night. The main negative I could point out is centrally a lot less technical ability in the line up, and that's where we tended to give it away.

Connelly and Cochrane clearly best players for queen's. They would be the perfect additions for this Dodds team. Can see them as long term replacements for Sutherland and Welsh.

12 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

AJ has surely to be shown the door and can take his son with him rather than trying to shoehorn him into the side.. His tactics are all over the place!!

Defence - Nditi best CB we have yet plays him LB despite being Right footed and Debayo who he signed as a LB plays CB and Cooper our other LB he signed sits on the bench... Midfield - let's shoehorn Max J into the team leaving Cochrane and Todd on the bench... Then take off Mcgrory our best midfielder that was always showing and wanting the ball at halftime Why? Easy option is it... Please Get Connolly playing behind the striker everybody can see he is wasted out wide.... Ally Roy top our top scorer sits on the bench...

Is AJ 's remit to get Queens relegated?....

Big decisions need made by the board Possibly bottom of the league tomorow and well away to Cove next week in the cup, set up the team like tonight and Queens season will be over before December.... 

Great post.

AJ has surely to be shown the door and can take his son with him rather than trying to shoehorn him into the side.. His tactics are all over the place!!
Defence - Nditi best CB we have yet plays him LB despite being Right footed and Debayo who he signed as a LB plays CB and Cooper our other LB he signed sits on the bench... Midfield - let's shoehorn Max J into the team leaving Cochrane and Todd on the bench... Then take off Mcgrory our best midfielder that was always showing and wanting the ball at halftime Why? Easy option is it... Please Get Connolly playing behind the striker everybody can see he is wasted out wide.... Ally Roy top our top scorer sits on the bench...
Is AJ 's remit to get Queens relegated?....
Big decisions need made by the board Possibly bottom of the league tomorow and well away to Cove next week in the cup, set up the team like tonight and Queens season will be over before December.... 

Missed this the first time around. I agree with a lot of it but I clearly missed the McGrory's performance you saw last night. As I said at half time, if he left the park I wouldn't have noticed. Not one of those starting 3 CM were anywhere near good enough and McGrory can have no complaints that he was hooked.

I'm a fan of his but last night was comfortably his worst performance of the season for us IMO. If you want to see a midfielder showing for the ball then it was only demonstrated in a QoS jersey last night by Cochrane.

12 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Missed this the first time around. I agree with a lot of it but I clearly missed the McGrory's performance you saw last night. As I said at half time, if he left the park I wouldn't have noticed. Not one of those starting 3 CM were anywhere near good enough and McGrory can have no complaints that he was hooked.

I'm a fan of his but last night was comfortably his worst performance of the season for us IMO. If you want to see a midfielder showing for the ball then it was only demonstrated in a QoS jersey last night by Cochrane.

Mcgrory certainly shouldnt have been subbed before Liddle or Johnston. As you say Cochrane certainly made a diff when coming on and should start next Sat for sure.. 

2 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Mcgrory certainly shouldnt have been subbed before Liddle or Johnston. As you say Cochrane certainly made a diff when coming on and should start next Sat for sure.. 

To be honest, and I like McGrory, I thought he was the poorest of the three.

Fine margins though and any of the three could have had no complaints had they being hooked. All 3 were really poor.

1 minute ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

To be honest, and I like McGrory, I thought he was the poorest of the three.

Fine margins though and any of the three could have had no complaints had they being hooked. All 3 were really poor.

Made no sense replacing him with Nditi!! 🤦‍♂️

9 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Made no sense replacing him with Nditi!! 🤦‍♂️

Agreed.

That's a different discussion though. 

Albeit bringing Cooper on allowed us to play an actual left back at left back and we looked the better for it.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

I don't think any CM had a good game though. I don't think any of the three had a better game than the other. All 3 were completely anonymous in that first half. The biggest shock (though not really, for obvious reasons) was that one of the 3 managed to get the 90 minutes. I'd have been happy if all 3 were taken off at HT.
Made no sense replacing him with Nditi!! [emoji2357]

I think I commented at the time but Nditi was in the middle of the park for most of the first half as well. I don't know if it was intentional or if he was horribly out of position. Regardless, he should be our main CB. Not this free roam role he seems to have been doing recently.

16 hours ago, TERREGLES1919 said:

941 was the official attendance 

So going by the last two home games, crowds are down by about 200 since the beginning of the season.

Something is rotten in the state of Palmerston.