Doonhamers vs. Caley Jags

11 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Its all open as far as I know. It certainly was v Raith. That section of the preview should be reworded. At one point we were working on a plan to get it partially open by moving the Red Zone sub area to the extreme ends of Section 1 and Section 4 instead of the front but the new dugouts arrived before we had to instigate it. I assume the wording references that original intent. 

Thankfully movement between the BDS Stand and the terracing has been allowed for the last 3 fixtures & tonight. 

11 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

It's a no-brainer for clubs if companies want to spend money on renaming their ground.

I have no idea what Hamilton's ground is officially called and I'm not 100% sure on Alloa's (is it still the Indodrill(sp?)). They're New Douglas Park and Recreation Park respectively, to me. If someone was to rename Palmerston and pay the club money for doing so, I really wouldn't care. I and every other Scottish football fan would still call it Palmerston.

It's not the clubs bending over, it's the companies being taken for a ride. I'm all for it.

The only exception to the rule is the Tony Macaroni, mainly as I’m childish and find it an extremely amusing name.

Edited by PB1994

Thankfully movement between the BDS Stand and the terracing has been allowed for the last 3 fixtures & tonight. 

It wasn't smooth the other week certainly. I never did it but I noticed the stewards 'guarding' it and questioning folk when they wanted to move. Just get the gate open and shift the steward to between the home and away fans.

2 hours ago, PB1994 said:

The only exception to the rule is the Tony Macaroni, mainly as I’m childish and find it an extremely amusing name.

Aye, it is all mince (unless its pasta as in Livi's case) really.  Not sure what the full list is these days but we at least have:

Tony Macaroni = Almondvale

The Fountain of Youth = New Douglas Park

Energy Check = Firhill

Indodrill = Recreation Park

..... and probably others too ....

I've no particular problem as long as businesses are shoving some £ into the club's bank accounts.  As has been said on here, the fans will ignore it and just call it by the traditional name.  The clubs OS's and programmes etc will have to stick to the contractual side though and use the pishy sponsor names.  As I said, its all mince, but alas necessary mince these days.

3 hours ago, PB1994 said:

Tony Macaroni sounds like an overbearing Italian mob racketeer who has stepped out of a Scorsese film and taken over a football club in order to bleed it dry by whatever means possible.  In naming their ground the Tony Macaroni Arena, the club have not only bagged a sponsorship package but also have managed to incorporate nostalgic connotations of the administrative shambles of the Massone years.  Fair play to them.

Edited by Slipmat

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

It's a no-brainer for clubs if companies want to spend money on renaming their ground.

I have no idea what Hamilton's ground is officially called and I'm not 100% sure on Alloa's (is it still the Indodrill(sp?)). They're New Douglas Park and Recreation Park respectively, to me. If someone was to rename Palmerston and pay the club money for doing so, I really wouldn't care. I and every other Scottish football fan would still call it Palmerston.

It's not the clubs bending over, it's the companies being taken for a ride. I'm all for it.

And in some cases you can throw in the supporters with that considering the shite that some clubs provide for their paying fans? n'est pas?

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Is Tom Walsh injured? Just saw him walking around South Ayrshire 😂

Wouldn't surprise me if he is benched or dropped for this game.

BTW walking around South Ayrshire means he's covering thousands of kilometres, he is pretty fit though so maybe you're right.

5 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

The Alister Jack Stadium would suit the voters.

8 minutes ago, RiG said:

No Gardyne, Welsh, Walsh or Duffy. Decent enough (but not full strength) starting XI but subs bench a little bare.

That really is the bare bones

3 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

Pleasing to see that Connelly is fit to play.  Equally pleasing to see that Gardyne is missing.

I'm not so sure about Gardyne. As good as he has been, when he stops. so too do our attacking chances.

It'll be interesting to see what Doran has to offer and to at least allay fears that he is creaking and stalling.