Alloa vs Montrose - I'm sure there was a match thread at one point.

The quality of players we had on our bench , we really shouldn't have been sitting in and hanging on which ultimately cost us the win.  O Donnell and Trouten should have been put on to give us another threat . 

A good game today and another tight match . First time I have seen Montrose this season and they were certainly well organised and well coached. Terrific at shutting us down. The 20 minutes after half time was the best I have seen us under Ferguson. The last 25 was crying out for Trouten or another to give us something different. We will be mid table or just above the relegation places this year I think . Montrose will be in the play offs for sure 

Never made the game yesterday but delighted with the result.When I first saw the team that we put out I did think we would struggle.Lewis Milne especially what's up with him and James Keating's ?? All in all a good point to come from 2-0 down.

9 hours ago, Oweny said:

The quality of players we had on our bench , we really shouldn't have been sitting in and hanging on which ultimately cost us the win.  O Donnell and Trouten should have been put on to give us another threat . 

A good game today and another tight match . First time I have seen Montrose this season and they were certainly well organised and well coached. Terrific at shutting us down. The 20 minutes after half time was the best I have seen us under Ferguson. The last 25 was crying out for Trouten or another to give us something different. We will be mid table or just above the relegation places this year I think . Montrose will be in the play offs for sure 

Agree with all of this, especially about the failure to bring e.g. Trouten on for the last twenty minutes. Bringing Howie on and moving Kev out wide weakened the side IMO. We needed a Trouts or Robbo in the middle to retain the ball much better at that time.

I'm not sure if Barry doesn't see that or whether he does but believes that bringing another big defensive midfielder in Howie on and pushing Sena forward a bit is a better option. Sammon coming on was correct IMO, but that was done too late and obviously he's very erratic.

On the plus side if we look at that the last four games against four good sides,  to come through those unbeaten and with eight points is excellent. The team has certainly improved and if we can keep developing then we may still be involved in the race for the play off spots.

A final word to Durnan for his two excellent goals.

Completely agree with other posts, we dropped far too deep and as soon as Montrose pulled a goal back you could see the equaliser coming. 

It was a bit similar to Dumbarton away where we went a goal up and then sat back and ended up conceding. 

8 points from the last 4 games is a good return especially given the opposition but with a bit more ambition it could have been more. Barry Ferguson deserves credit for his subs against Queens Park which turned the game but got it completely wrong yesterday. 

Two really good corners from Boyd and two excellent headers from Durnan yesterday. I thought both Durnan and Mendy played well but there is still something wrong with that defence, conceding far too many goals. 

Edited by Magic Hat

I actually thought Montrose were the best team I've seen at the recs this season . Strong and organised and carried a threat all day . They are well coached and in Petrie , they have the best manager in the division. Surprised he never got the Dunfermline job.

Montrose looked better than Airdrie and Falkirk for me and streets ahead of Queens Park.  Cove I will reserve judgement to see us playing against them with 11 men . 

On 14/11/2021 at 16:12, Oweny said:

I actually thought Montrose were the best team I've seen at the recs this season . Strong and organised and carried a threat all day . They are well coached and in Petrie , they have the best manager in the division. Surprised he never got the Dunfermline job.

Montrose looked better than Airdrie and Falkirk for me and streets ahead of Queens Park.  Cove I will reserve judgement to see us playing against them with 11 men . 

I get the impression that Queens Park are under pressure to get in the Championship, and it’s having an effect on their game. 
Falkirk also, and with justification for the size of club, but the pressure doesn’t seem as intense as last year.

3 hours ago, Angus of the Mo said:

I get the impression that Queens Park are under pressure to get in the Championship, and it’s having an effect on their game. 
Falkirk also, and with justification for the size of club, but the pressure doesn’t seem as intense as last year.

Falkirk are still under the belief they are still a big club, but have poured money into a hole for a good few seasons now.  

They forget that have a shiny Meccano stadium and a hearty following that teams would wish for, it's on the park where things need to be done.  They do seem to have the knack of coaching away the skill of the players they sign.

QP  would expect to progress up the leagues in consecutive seasons with the money being invested.

Still need to do the talking on the park.

6 hours ago, Angus of the Mo said:

Bit of a shock when Falkirk sacked Lee Millar and David McCracken near the end of last season, they had done well, and fair enough there was a blip towards the end, and Raith and Partick were their nemesis but Gary Holt seemed to make things worse and the club have got in a rut since.

We all love Gary😁

2 hours ago, laughing gravie said:

You only need to head to the Falkirk thread to see the paranoia that equates to being a Bairns fan.

They need to get real and accept what they have at this moment in time.

They are now just a wee fish floundering in the seaside leagues.

Absolute pish. Not surprising from yourself though.

Relative to this league we are a very big fish. Unfortunately our successive BODs have waggled our flippers in such a way that we are swimming downwards at a rate of knots. No paranoia, no blaming outside agencies (once the disappointment of being pipped on PPG in 2020 died down).

Before anyone else tediously points it out, yes, we know we are here due to our own shortcomings. No, we don't consider ourselves superior, just far better resourced and grossly underperforming.

@Angus of the Mothey did ok in 19/20 and would probably have gone on to win the league if it had been completed. They were worryingly defensive though. In 20/21 they started ok, but completely lost the plot and had to go. You are right Holt made it worse, and an injury ravaged and completely confidence-less squad imploded at the end. Holt is, to most FFC fans, a huge problem as far as his attitude, recruitment and alleged interference in team affairs goes.

21 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Absolute pish. Not surprising from yourself though.

Relative to this league we are a very big fish. Unfortunately our successive BODs have waggled our flippers in such a way that we are swimming downwards at a rate of knots. No paranoia, no blaming outside agencies (once the disappointment of being pipped on PPG in 2020 died down).

Before anyone else tediously points it out, yes, we know we are here due to our own shortcomings. No, we don't consider ourselves superior, just far better resourced and grossly underperforming.

@Angus of the Mothey did ok in 19/20 and would probably have gone on to win the league if it had been completed. They were worryingly defensive though. In 20/21 they started ok, but completely lost the plot and had to go. You are right Holt made it worse, and an injury ravaged and completely confidence-less squad imploded at the end. Holt is, to most FFC fans, a huge problem as far as his attitude, recruitment and alleged interference in team affairs goes.

Lucky your not paranoid, you might have been upset otherwise.

Actions speak louder than words, inactions even more 😂

3 hours ago, bairn88 said:

Alloa Montrose match thread and all they can talk about is us, whilst the content of their conversation is how we're not a big team. 

Christian Bale GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

And we have a couple of Falkirk fans looking to see if we are talking about them here , very  needy .